Stages of Avoidance
- Denial: Heck yes, I can do this thing. I got this.
- Anger: Why did I say I can do this thing?? I know I'm a piece of shit and won't do the thing! And now people expect me to do the thing and I won't because I'm awful!
- Bargaining: Look, self. I know it's hard. But if you do this thing, stuff's gonna be good for you. If you just do this one. tiny. thing, good stuff's gonna happen.
- Depression: I never do any of the things that I'm supposed to and that's why my whole life is a mess and nothing's ever going to get better and I'm worthless.
- Acceptance: Yeah I'm not gonna do the thing might as well watch some funny videos.