I wanted to try some new stuff with embroidery this summer, so I suggested to the bf, @powersimon, that we should do a collab. And since we’ve been binging on The Adventure Zone almost every night, it seemed only right to do one of the gang. He did the linework, and I transfered them onto the fabric (which was a journy in itself lmao) and stitched it up. Took ages, but it was real fun as well!
"i could do a whole Analysis on the hug i just,, really love it so much" Do it. I just love, love your metas/analysis and I'd love to see you talking about the hug <'3
ahhh thanks!! Ok, full sheith hug analysis, sure thing!
So, the way this all starts. A lot of people will say the handshake somehow makes the hug merely casual and downplays the intimacy of it, but I don’t think that’s the case at all. See, this part is really important because it’s completely different from every other hug we’ve seen with Keith. If you look at any other case, Keith never initiates. Someone else grabs him, and he has no consent or choice in it. Despite the fact that he eventually relaxes and hugs back, everyone else still just assumes the forced contact is fine, and you can see how startled and tense Keith is:
Lame adaptations and sequels are always like, “how can Mina go back to her stifling Victorian marriage after her experience with the dark, seductive Dracula??”
Meanwhile, Mina marries her best friend, who she’s known since they were children, who she share common interests with, they build a home together, work as partners, make immense sacrifices for each other, support each other through their traumas.
Guys, a marriage isn’t stifling and restrictive just because two people… get along, I guess?
hello gin!!! your newest update for 'price of a soul' is amazing! can i ask you to talk about all this symbolism in the comic (and also why do you love to hurt us so much with it)
THIS QUESTION MAKES ME SO HAPPY I’M SCREAMING THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST ANON (actually thank you everyone for your kind asks about TPOAS… THEY ARE THE FIRE IN MY VEINS THANK YOU)
I think the most important thing I wanted to work on this comic is how it is told from Tamashi’s eyes. That’s how I decided to build the characters through the story, for example, what Tamashi sees most is Allen’s face, honest, straightforward, kind, sweet, smiling, always open and welcoming:
Whereas he doesn’t see Kanda’s face, Kanda is always turned to him. And when he does, it’s from an low angle:
I had fun thinking it would be important that we, as Tamashi, know of Kanda what he does: Kanda is the father he doesn’t know anything of. Intimidating, scary, tall, unreachable, always with his back turned on him. (With his back turned to him, but I guess you wouldn’t offer your back to an enemy). I aim to, gradually, expose Kanda’s features as Tamashi grows confident, making him look more human and less of a jerk than what he does now (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
Also have you noticed how everyone bends forward to talk to Tamashi? Or squats down to be at his level? So Tamashi can stare directly at them. It’s a very simple gesture but it’s one that says I’m reducing my world to your perspective because you are as important, which Kanda never does.
The first time I read DGM i had to go through the Alma arc three times to made sure I fully understood Kanda (I keep thinking there are hints of his personality I keep missing, as I do with Allen… DGM is such an amazing artwork) so when I thought of him for this story I wanted to be very careful building the conceptualism around a character that has never forgiven himself and doesn’t want redemption. Can you imagine, you spend your life trying to fulfill a promise of love and then you find out -because you slipped once, only once, you are as human as the rest even if it might not seem so-, that you have a kid you never intended on having, even less with someone you’ll never love maybe not even remember, who kinda looks like Alma when they were kids, who is called Tamashi, who, surprise, is there to bite him in his ass. Tamashi is the perspective of a future Kanda never allowed himself to have and now he’s forced to deal with it (ﾉ≧∀≦)ﾉ Good thing Allen is here to be the bridge between present Kanda and past Kanda, Allen you angel (//▽//)ゞ So, basically, what we see of Kanda is an unforgiving Kanda, intimidating, pretending to not mind when he so clearly does (in the last update with Tamashi sleeping outside of Kanda’s room he spends there looking at the boy how long? Five minutes? Ten? He didn’t awoke Tamashi either, just lets him be. He’s trying to make his way out of this without a fuss but OH YOU WON’T BE SO LUCKY KANDA The denial Is Strong).
Oh! Also I was very careful with colors and including some… … … … little details (୨୧ ❛ᴗ❛)✧
Both panels with the flowers are very important…! they are different types of flowers in different palettes… Allen’s one are somewhat fresh and rainy, so springy, whereas Kanda’s seem to be floating on an abandoned place… Pretty, but isolated (•̀௰•́ ) This is funny because oH WELL SPOILER I GUESS / CRASHES THROUGH THE WINDOW AND FLIES INTO THE SUN
U seem to have the ins on the DEH fandom and I'm bedridden so. Do u have any long DEH fic recs?
I have a few that I enjoy reading that are pretty long. But please, please for the love of god be sure to read their tagsjust in case there might be something that may trigger you. This is very important dear lime.
2. “Eulogy” I have yet to actually catch up on this one, but its a really good one from what I recall. I need to look more into it, but I love it aaaa. ‘Not Yet Finished’
3. “Words Fail” Another fic I have yet to catch up on but the writer is amazing and the fic is just as good and man oh man someone help Evan and Connor please these poor boys. ‘Not Yet Finished’
4. “The trees that surround Hughes boarding school” It has its good humor, its angst, and the characters are super well written. Just as they are in the first fic suggested, and pretty much every other fic. Please sit and read. Just trust me, you’ll enjoy this one a lot. ‘Not Yet Finished’
5. “The Desperate Type” I’m going to be totally honest with you and say this fic was so hard for me to read. Not because its badly written, because its so well written and gets so deep into pain and is so good at explaining things and the entire concept of the idea is just so…so dark?Another fic that got me to cry, but its good, I love it. ‘Is Finished’
7. “If you were found” One of the first DEH fics I read. I like the idea of it, its a good concept like many of the others. ‘Not Yet Finished’
8. “Could you maybe calm down?” I just really love this fic and I’m not sure how to explain why? We’re kinda getting into the fics that haven’t been updated in awhile. But its still a nice read. ‘Not Yet Finished’
10. “The Tree ‘Accident’” My own DEH fic. Its a very short fic, each chapter is short. Second DEH fic I had ever written so its really not even the best fic ever. But I think its still a good read if you want something small.
And there you go, ten good fics to get into or just to read in one day while sic. Hope this helped dear lime.