do you ever go through a stint where you are really really biasing your biaswrecker groups seventeen for a hot minute and then it makes you feel bad because you feel like you are neglecting your ult bias groups bts and you are afraid your love for them is slipping but you know that is stupid because you would literally let each member run you over and would still say thanks
It’s just cute when tumblr users use a character from a show as their main icon but then they put a different one on their side-bar and use the name of yet another character as their url. It’s like they are saying “Hey! Welcome to my blog, as you can see I love these characters a lot, and there’s so many more of them, but unfortunately I cannot show more”
Be warned there’s gonna be Voltron s3 spoilers in here!! So if you don’t want to see that, look elsewhere. (Also this is super fucking long, I’m sorry.)
Anyway so I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately, and what with (at least temporary) Red Paladin!Lance being confirmed, now is probably the time to post this.
Coincidentally, I’ve been spending the past couple weeks looking for foreshadow of the Red and Blue Lions have some kind of Special Connection and there is quite a bit, so I thought I’d share some of what I’ve found.
The gist of it is that I think Red and Blue have some kind of connection that the other lions don’t seem to have with each other. Of course all the lions have a special bond, but there seem to be a lot of hints that the connection between Red and Blue *coughs* and their pilots is something a little different––basically, that Lance and Keith have shown a lot more interest in/connection to each other’s lions than any of the other paladins have.
(And before everyone jumps down my throat, I’m NOT proposing a permanent lion switch so jot that down lol. But I do think temporary lion switches are Good so uhhhh fight me.)
I’m not sure how to go about explaining this, but I’m just gonna break it down to:
- Keith’s connection with Blue
- Lance’s connection with Red
- What Does It Mean
Here we go!!!
Keith & Blue
- I’m still caught up on this whole “Keith sensed the Blue Lion” thing. Granted, it could have something to do with his alien abilities™ (I’m still rooting for Keith with Altean ancestry, y’all) but I still question the choice of having Keith sense Blue, of all the lions. He only detects the location of two lions in canon, and they’re––you guessed it––Blue and Red.
First we have some kinda vague “energy” that attracts Keith to Blue:
Then we have this part where Keith just … closes his eyes and senses Red somehow??
(These both happen in the first episode, I might add.)
Like I said, this could be some kinda sixth alien sense. But, I do also wonder if it was Blue trusting & calling out to Keith specifically, which is interesting considering he’s not even her paladin.
- Also in the first episode, when they find Blue, Keith & Lance are the first ones to approach her. Keith even reaches Blue before Lance does!
And then they’re both standing right in front of Blue, side-by-side, when she wakes up.
There is still a close-up on Lance when Blue awakens––but even so, everyone else has much more of a one-on-one first interaction with their lion, so this scene in particular stands out to me.
- Other than in the first episode we don’t get much of Keith interacting with Blue in s1 (except for him saving Blue for Lance in s1e06, which is cute!)
But then there’s also this moment in s2 where he starts asking Coran about whether there might have been Galra on earth before, and whether that could have something to do with Blue being on Earth:
Which is especially interesting now that we know that Keith is part Galra. So …. is it possible the previous Blue Paladin might’ve been Galra?? or even could have been an ancestor of Keith’s?
Then of course we have Lance emerging from his room at the mention of Blue, and accusing Keith of “having his eye on the Blue Lion since day one”:
This is … kinda odd considering Keith hasn’t outwardly shown any desire to pilot Blue as far as I can remember. So, obviously this is a throwback to the very first episode in which Keith first sensed Blue––and the fact that it was brought up again out of nowhere makes me suspicious that there’s Something there that hasn’t quite been addressed yet.
Lance & Red
- *rubs hands together* Now this is Extra Fun because now I know for a fact Lance is gonna fly the Red Lion at some point in s3 because it was in the trailer and all …
Unfortunately I don’t get to say “I told you so” because I didn’t publish this post before then, but anyway! I’ve been looking for foreshadow of this and honestly?? If you ask me, there are hints of Red Paladin!Lance since the very first episode. (Again, I’m not suggesting Lance becomes Red Paladin forever, so please don’t kill me. But I do think Lance having some kind of connection with Red has been foreshadowed.)
- So!! In the first episode I noticed that when Allura assigns each of them a lion, she doesn’t technically assign Blue to Lance (because he interrupts her, lol). It’s just kind of assumed that he’s Blue Paladin since, well, he’s flown Blue. Now, I’m not saying he’s not the Blue Paladin––he is! Buuut I also find a couple things about this scene Intriguing:
1) Lance looks like he almost expects to be assigned the lion as Allura describes it (even though he already has a lion), and then seems a bit shocked/upset when it gets assigned to Keith instead.
2) Not only that, but you may notice the Red Lion hovers between BOTH of them, which is noteworthy because this doesn’t happen to anyone else when they get their lion assigned to them. Hmmmmmm…
- This may be an unpopular opinion but I actually … also think Lance shows some Red Paladin traits. Once again, that’s not to say that Lance doesn’t also fit into the role of Blue Paladin because of course he does, but I do think he shows traces of being capable of being Red Paladin as well.
Like listen, when Allura is assigning Red, these are her exact words: “The Red Lion is temperamental and the most difficult to master. … Its pilot needs to be someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone.”
So really the only qualifications here are: 1) Be skilled. 2) Have good instincts.
And Lance?? Fits those qualifications pretty damn well. He’s a skilled pilot, sharpshooter, and strategist. And he has very strong awareness/instincts as well (i.e. being able to identify the Rover clone super fast, being able to come up with a plan on the Balmera on the fly, etc.). There’s no reason why he can’t fly Red if you ask me.
- Also, when the Red Lion gets fire power for the first time Lance is like, “I want that!!” which is interesting … especially because (at least as far as I can remember) no one else expresses jealousy for another paladin’s lion that way.
And generally I just find it kinda funny that Lance accuses Keith of having his eye on the Blue Lion when Lance has like…canonically had his eye on the Red Lion from pretty early on.
- In addition to all of the above, there does seem to be some foreshadow about Keith getting separated from Red (at least temporarily). i.e. he has that dream about Red rejecting him.
And there’s also that vision he has in BoM where Red is far away from him.
(Tag yourself I’m the people screaming.)
Could be coincidental …. or could be intentional to foreshadow something about a certain someone else temporarily taking over as Red Paladin.
- And lastly: it may not mean anything, but in GoLion (the original anime) Isamu/Lance was Red Paladin … So, could be a nod to the original!
And yes, he wore a blue outfit but piloted the Red Lion, don’t question it. Color coordination hadn’t been invented yet.
What Does It Mean?!
- In general, there seems to be a lot of subtle foreshadow that there is Some kind of connection between the Red and Blue lions––or at least, to an extent, Keith and Lance have connections to each other’s lions as well as their own.
- It could mean they are both capable of piloting each other’s lions. I’ll say it again––I’m not suggesting a permanent lion swap or anything along those lines, because both paladins also have very strong connections to their own lions. (Also, I’m not sure about Blue Paladin!Keith at this point, although it’s hard to say since we don’t really know what the quintessence of the Blue Lion is yet.)
However, I think in certain situations their lions could be accepting of the other’s paladin (which of course we know is possible since Keith has piloted Black before, and in the s3 trailer it appears he does so again, as well as Lance piloting Red). So, I feel like that could be important.
- As for the reason behind this connection: It could be because their elements balance each other out (you know, the whole fire-and-ice thing), but what I’m really hoping is that there is some significance in the relationship between the previous Red & Blue Paladins (interpret that however you want––but yeah like, maybe they were good friends??? or …. more than that????) and their lions built up a strong connection because of that (or vice versa).
- TL;DR: I think it’s pretty much inevitable that Red & Blue/Keith & Lance have some kind of special connection (space ranger partners™ amiright) and if you ask me there are a lot of signs pointing in that direction. That’s all, bye.
no offence but when lgbt+ gamers speak out about romance (options) in bioware games and get told by straight fans that they shouldn’t play the games just for romance they are completely missing the point and i am tired of it
Idk why but I really want a lowkey kind of comedy about a kid who studies hardcore all the time because she’s sure she’s a Ravenclaw and it’s her favorite house but then she gets sorted into Hufflepuff and is like??? Wtf???
And a kid who is Sure they’re a Hufflepuff because they’re really good at finding things when they go out exploring but then they’re sorted into Ravenclaw and they’re like um no??? I suck at math?? I can’t get into the common room because riddles are mean??
And then the two of them become friends and are just disgruntled together while being completely oblivious as to why they were sorted into their houses and this honestly isn’t even a fun idea I just want to see it for some reason??
“Yeah I just don’t understand why I was sorted into Ravenclaw”
“What’s that on your desk”
“Just my rock collection, I have 67 different types”
“I’m Not a Hufflepuff, I studied for eight years to get into Ravenclaw”
pansexuals are not basically bisexual, or confused, or looking for attention/trying to be quirky/special, or slutty, or more likely to cheat, or more inclusive than bisexuals, or attracted to/want to have sex with kitchenware or anything else non-human, or disgusting, or pretentious, or part of a “brand new” sexuality, or inherently biphobic and transphobic, or “genderblind”.
pansexuals do not think they’re better than bisexuals, or find every single person they meet attractive, or want to have sex with every single person they meet.
pansexuals are real, and valid.
pansexuals have every right to identify as pansexual, and be in queer spaces.
pansexuals deserve love, and support, and respect.
pansexuals just want to be truly accepted and welcomed and supported by the community.
alright but i can’t stop thinking about this… andrew and neil had never have pets. in their life. and they get cats of all animals:
Neil would do his best on researching about them whenever he doesn’t know why they behave a certain way, but still he’ll never understand his cats’ behaviour so he kind of rolls with it. It’s different with andrew, because he still isn’t used to them and they’re an inconvenience he can’t get rid of
the first time they hear one of their cats purr is an experience they’ll never forget:
Neil: Andrew…. come listen to this Andrew: ….. it’s vibrating.
just when andrew DECIDED to give Sir a scratch, the cat bites his finger. not roughly, just a sign that means “leave me alone for now” but andrew just thinks the cat doesn’t like him and tells neil he doesn’t like the cat either and he’ll never bother again
but later he tries again, luckily when Sir is in a good mood and he is pleased to hear him purr. Neil too.
the cats always get in Neil’s way when he goes to feed them, and they’ve made him trip hundreds of times. He’s stepped on their tails too, on accident, and andrew had to come to tell him the cats were just fine before he panicked.
neil loves playing with the cats. he has scratches all over his fingers and hands because he plays hiding his hands behind the couch or chairs, and the cats attack them when he wiggles his fingers
whenever andrew walks into the kitchen the cats follow him because they think he’ll feed them. they meow loudly and purr, with their tails up and scratch the counter where Neil keeps their food. Andrew just stares at them as he slowly pours himself coffee.
BATHING THEM. it’s also neil’s job, but andrew helps whenever he feels like it.
The first time they bathe them, they discover that Sir is not that fat, he just has a Lot of hair. and also, that King Fluffkins loves water. Andrew takes pictures of Sir’s wet figure as the animal stares right into the camera with an expression that clearly says “help”
CAT HAIR, rip andrew’s all black wardrobe
they had learned to keep their wardrobe CLOSED SHUT
the hard way, because they had woken up to the cats sleeping in there, over their clothes.
andrew can’t go to the bathroom without Fluffkins sticking his paw under the door, and he finds annoying the first times, but then he grows used to it and would poke it and snort when Fluffkins’ claws poke him back.
andrew finds all the shit cats do amusing: Like jumping 6 feet high when they get scared, running non-stop around the house and crawling on furniture with a stunned look on their face, the way their pupils dilate and the little wiggle they do when they’re about to jump on neil’s fingers, or when they climb up the courtains
neil can’t be one minute sitting with his laptop that one of the cats HAS to walk over him and sit over his computer