5 mile run new Boku No Hero thoughts are as follows:
- this is my all-time favorite “previously on” section. it was highlighting Bakugou’s resolve to win by mashing together all the clips of him declaring his ambitions but because its Bakugou it was actually just a 2 minute montage of Bakugou fucking screaming
- Todo acts naive but i doubt that more and more each day with the number of sick fucking burns he’s gotten in at people, case in point:
- Bakugou: -storms on in to Todo’s room and starts yelling at him.-
Todo: Hey Bakugou :))) you know what this reminds me of? :))) That guy you fucking hate. :))) Except he did this better. :)))) You really cant ever live up to him can you :)))))))
- Bakugou calls Todoroki “IcyHot” in the dub and I watched the dub today specifically in hopes that he’d call him IcyHot again and he DID.
- I’m not done with this scene because the PHRASING HAD ME IN STITCHES–Bakugou stormed in like “Hey IcyHot, is this how you fucking treat your opponents!?” while blowing up Todo’s table. And Todo responded with “That’s what Midoriya said too…” I dont think Deku said it quite like that, Todo. But too late now I can’t stop picturing:
- Deku voice: “Hey you stupid piece of shit sore-muscle hot-and-cold sports pack you better fucking look at me while i stand here and break all my fingers and yell, because fuck you, you fucking icepack.”
- Bakugou his table
- His table Bakugou
- This is the screamiest Bakugou’s been to date, I’m glad for him
- ominous BOOM noises from inside the iceberg
- dub!Sero called Bakugou a “moleman” and i want the world to know that Bakugou’s been canonically called a “moleman”. Moleman Bakugou.
- Bakugou, grabbing Todo by the hair and piledriving him into the ground: “GIT FUCKING GUD, ICYHOT”
- Aizawa: -provides commentary on the strategy, strengths, and weaknesses of the children’s fighting techniques-
Present Mic: -sees Todo surfing on an ice wave and says “Looks like fun!!!”-
- Bakugou: “Use your full power IcyHot! I want the world to know you’re trying to destroy me!! THIS MEANS NOTHING IF I CAN’T SURPASS DEKU!!”
Deku: (Regina George voice) Why are you so obsessed with me?
- Bakugou, or better known by his full name, Katsuki “Fidget Spinner” Bakugou
- Bakugou: -screams incoherently for 20 minutes trying to rile Todo up-
Deku: -says one thing-
Todo, heart racing, palms sweaty: holy fuck. holy shit. thats my fucking boyfriend.
- Srs for a moment, I really adore and am moved by Todo’s character development here. The easy shonen answer would be for Todo to be “fixed” following his fight with Deku, but the poor kid’s sitting on like 10 years of trauma. He’s not fixed. He’s healing. And healing comes with pain and doubt sometimes.
- Like I actually clutched my shirt while his fire unraveled.
- Bakugou: -pulls of the coolest fucking spin projectile move in history-
Bakugou: -lands like this-
- IT’S HERE. THE GRANITE SLAB OF VICTORY
- We are blessed with Dad Might in this house today
- Todo: “My path forward isn’t as clear as I thought. There’s still someone I need to settle things with…”
Todo: -steps off the podium, walks into the crowd, punches Endeavor in the face- “Fuck you Dad”
- In the sub All Might calls Bakugou’s face “amazing” but in the dub he calls it “scary” and 4 years were added to my life when dub!All Might gave Bakugou the once over with the medal in his mouth and went “…still scary.”
- dub!Bakugou is great here too with “I DON’T WANT THAT PIECE OF GARBAGE. KEEP YOUR TRASH AWAY FROM ME HHGNGNGHG”
- I want to empahsize that several hours pass after that scene cut. It’s evening. The kids are changed back into their school uniforms AND back at the classroom. And Bakugou still has the fucking medal in his mouth. No one took it out.
- me: fuck…i hope iida will be okay
also me, who’s read the manga: (hes not gonna be okay)
- The hospital scene makes me kinda want to take back all the making fun of Todo I did because…god fucking this poor child…he deserved so much better
- Protect Mama Midoriya she deserves the world