Hi, Emma! I got a bunch of composition notebooks as gifts and they're very pretty, but I don't really know how to best use them. I prefer spirals or loose leafs for notes, and they're not perforated. Any ideas on how to use these composition books? Thanks ><)
Hi! I know what you mean about being particular about notebooks - the number of ones I went through trying to figure out which style I liked best is crazy! Here are a few ways you could use them:
- bullet journal: note down all your daily to-do and focus on getting them done!
- diary: log your day, write what you did, just a record of your day-to-day happenings
- gratitude journal: write down things you’re grateful for each day and why
- 365 journal: write down a sentence a day. Could be a quote you like, an event that happened, a funny moment or something!
- dream log: write down your dreams and maybe research their meaning!
- review journal: if you see and movie or read a book write down your thoughts!
- photo a day journal: make a daily scrapbook/photo album
- expense tracker: note each thing you spend your money (you could track everything or just the things you treat yourself on)
- goals journal: set yourself a goal and try to map out how you will achieve over a certain amount of time! Record how well you’re doing!
- recipe book: write down ingredients and an easy step-by-step guide so you can always make something to eat
- dashboard notebook: a little book that is kind of a hub of your life such as important emergency contacts, accounts names/passwords/emails, etc
- tv show tracker: note down each season and cross of episodes as you go. You could also write down important parts of each episode so you can be reminded of what you’ve seen.
- inspiration/mood-book: print off photos, quotes, random bits and bobs that you find inspiration
- gift log: write down the birthdays, anniversaries, holidays of your friends and note down any ideas you might think they’d like as a gift. If they ever say “I love that!” then make a note of what it is and where to get it so you can get later!
- wishlist journal: take note of things you’d like to buy over the year!
- happiness journal: make a scrapbook of things that make you happy - could be photos, quotes, events, people, etc
- monthly overview, goals and reflection: each month write down things that happened and how you felt
- project/assessment book: plan out all your school or university assignments such as due dates, word count, to-dos, questions, citations, etc
- ‘fuck that’ book: when you’re angry or annoyed by something, write it down, rant about until your hearts content!
- your own wreck this journal - you can Google to see what I mean but make your own version. Either you come up with ideas or maybe get a friend to write down cool things to do.
- magazine clipping journal - if you see anything you like, cut it and stick it in. For me, I’d maybe do street style or runway fashion!
- swatch book: whenever you get some new pens, make a swatch board of them!
- friendship journal: you and your friend(s) could make a book where you write down things you like about each other, places you go to together, photos you take, etc. Maybe pass it around each week and you can all review what you’re doing!
- travel log: even if you aren’t travelling far or overseas write down where you go and what it was like. Write down places you’d like to visit or things you’d like to see!
- doodle book: just a book full of random drawings, sketches, etc
- writing prompts: find some writing prompts that you’d like to continue and get writing!
- receipts book: stick in all the things you spend your money on either to track or just out of curiosity!
- flower press log: a cool way to save any pretty plants you find!
- scrapbook: put in some of your favourite things in there! You could maybe do them for your friends for cute, personalised gifts!
- handwriting practice: take time to practice your lettering, caligraphy or just normal handwriting!
- habit tracker: do a ‘don’t break the chain’ kind of thing to either create or break your habits!
Hope that gives you some ideas! x