okay but consider kent parson as the nhl’s best captain™
- when all the rookies and trades move to vegas, he makes them a list of his favorite restaurants and things to do and marks off which ones are good for dates, kid friendly, etc.
- always stays the longest at team volunteer events because he genuinely loves making other people happy
- has no problem with kids coming up to him and asking for autographs, and will literally drop whatever he’s doing to sign jerseys, photos, hockey sticks, whatever
- still talks to (most of) the guys from his time Q, even if they stopped playing hockey years ago. he makes it a point to see them whenever he’s in their neck of the woods. (
because mr. z always said your team is your family)
- hates taking pictures, but always poses with little kids when they ask
- picked up a love of driving from all the time he spent commuting from montreal to new york and back again, and always offers to drive his teammates to practice or the airport, especially the new guys who don’t have a us driver’s licence yet.
- gets of bit of reputation for being overaggressive on the ice solely because he’s willing to drop gloves for any of his teammates. you fuck with them, you fuck with him.
- tried to organize a team trip to volunteer at an animal shelter, but it fell through. so instead, he just paid the adoption fee for all of the animals on a kill line and saved like 65 cats.
- holds two huge 4th of july parties every year - one on a friday night for his birthday, a huge club blowout where he encourages everyone to let loose and just have fun. and then a saturday one where he invites the whole aces team, staff, and their families. he flies out his mom and his sister and her family. there’s a cookout and games, and he always tries to make sure a few make-a-wish kids can come.
- is a coach’s dream because he’s always the first to review game footage and is literally always asking what he can do to improve
- has all of his teammates’ birthdays written on his calendar and tries to celebrate each of them - even if it’s just sneaking them a cupcake from winco
- first guy at the rink - every single time
- first guy at the gym during the off season too - every single time.
- is actually a gr9 communicator (like actually leagues better when he’s not around jack “let’s rile each other up until we’re both at the point of emotional break” zimmermann) and can resolves conflict and confront teammates in a way that doesn’t even feel like you’ve been just told you need to get your shit together
- makes a point to meet and befriend all the wags because they’re important members of his friends’ lives and they make a lot of sacrifices to allow their SOs to do what they love.
- kent always thanking the trainers, nutritionists, psychical therapists, etc and giving them lavish holiday gifts.
kent parson being depicted as a wonderful player and a wonderful captain because his relationship with jack is only a small and troubled part of his overall personality (✿◕‿◕✿) .。･:*:･