how exactly do group orders work???
omg group orders are my Thing anon you came to the right person to ask! I’m actually going to be doing a vlog explaining about group orders this week!!
okay so how group orders usually work:
- group orders are used for either fanmade goods, or official goods, in situations where buying as a group would just be more simple and easy. Usually you’d join to either to save on shipping, get items that wouldnt otherwise ship to your country, or just get items you otherwise wouldn’t have known how to get lmao. (What I mean by that is if you don’t know korean sometimes getting certain goods can be hard, especially with fanmade stuff.)
- most group orders consist of three payments, buying the goods, paying for shipping to the group order manager, and then paying the group order manager to send stuff to you.
whats a GOM?
- one person runs the group order, they’re called a group order manager (gom)! The gom is the person who coordinates with the fansite or buys stuff from the store and has everything shipped to them, and then they personally ship it to you!
- so if you want to join the order, first before ANYTHING check out the gom’s information. most are based on twitter, and have faq pages and spreadsheets as their pinned tweets or descriptions.
- It’s really important to make sure you read a gom’s faq so you don’t accidentally make a mistake in joining! And everyone’s policies are different so it’s just safe and important to check faq’s.
- Then, most gom’s keep spreadsheets of all their orders so you can check and see what orders are open! Also, goms twitter pages will be full of pictures and information of their open orders so just scroll through and take a look around.
actually joining an order + payment one
- okay so you found an order you wanna join!
- goms keep google forms as ways to join orders
- the first page of the form is usually pictures of the thing youd be getting, info on the order such as what it is, how much it is, how to pay for it, how many payments there will be, etc
- so then, on the next page of the form, this is usually where you’ll fill in all your info, like your name, contact information, quantities or specifics of items you want, your address, and information regarding how you paid so the gom can match your form to your payment
- open up paypal or venmo or google wallet or however you’re supposed to pay for the order, and in most cases, make sure you pay before submitting the form!
- there are some special orders or things like some interests checks where you don’t pay away though, make sure you read the first page of the form carefully to understand when you pay. but most orders you pay before submitting the form.
- when you pay for the items, the form usually says what you should write in the payment comments on venmo or paypal. I always make sure my full name is written somewhere in the payment comment.
- once you’ve sent the payment, filled out the form completely and checked everything is okay, submit the form!
- the gom should send you an email saying they got your payment and form :)
okay now what + payment two
- yay you joined an order!!
- so now you wait for the group order manager to send out an email to everyone who joined when they know how much shipping is from the fansite or store, to them. They take that shipping price and divide it between how many people are in the order, and thats what you pay
- for example, if shipping is $50 and 23 people are in the order, everyone sends the gom $2.17!
- usually theres a deadline for this payment, make sure you dont miss it!
payment three (domestic payment)
- the items came to the gom yay!!!!!!! so close to getting to you ;~:
- now the gom calculates shipping to your house, and emails you how much it’ll cost, and you pay it (don’t miss the deadline for the payment!)
- the gom mails out the item to your house
- wait a lil
- ta dah!!!!! u got a thing
i didnt go too much into group order etiquette with this but im gonna go more into that in my vlog when i film it. basically, don’t miss payments, and dont message the gom questions that can be answered via faq or form, and dont get mad at the gom if the item is taking a while to be made or ship, that isn’t their fault.
if you have any questions or need help with this kind of stuff you can always ask me!!