Yuuri is 100% the type of person that–as long as his anxiety isn’t acting up–can sleep anywhere. He doesn’t usually get great sleep at night. Partially because he’s a night owl and partially because he has trouble shutting off his mind enough to allow for restful sleep. Viktor will get excited about long trips, thinking he’ll get the opportunity to have some good one-on-one talking time with his husband, only to have Yuuri conk out after the first twenty minutes.
He gets it, though. He sleeps next to him, after all. As much as he loves being Yuuri’s little spoon, he’s had to adapt his own sleeping techniques to deal with the glow of Yuuri’s phone that seem to light up their room into ungodly hours and his husband’s constant sighs and fidgeting. If Yuuri drifts off in weird places…well, at least he’s getting sleep.
So far, Viktor’s mental tally of the strange places Yuuri has dozed off in include:
- a chair in the dressing room while waiting for Viktor
- at the airport, stretched under the armrests of 4 seats
- on his feet, tucked into Viktor’s side while waiting in line at the grocery store
- the dentist’s chair during a teeth cleaning
- slumped over his own knees before practice because he thought he could shut his eyes for one quick second while tying his skates
- (once during sex, for which he apologized profusely)
So Viktor isn’t really surprised when he looks across at Yuuri during their photo shoot with Yurio for a mattress store in Russia and sees his husband fast asleep with his mouth hanging open. They’re laying down on a soft mattress. Honestly, it was bound to happen.