mood: getting out of the opera building after watching a beautiful ballet, it’s snowing and christmas bells are finally ringing on the street while you are walking and holding hands with your significant other and your laughters are brighter then the stars above
I’m biased to no end, but I always did get a weird vibe from Peridot whenever we had a barn episode with Lapis. Sudden change in personality? Too much smiles? Too happy-go-lucky? Too much fanon cutesy gremlin peridot feel? I always thought I was just too attached to my own mental interpretation of Peridot and blind to actual canon Peridot, but now I can finally pin point my issue.
- allura finally decides to just “ah, quiznak” and sits keith down to brush his hair and the mice braid it and put little flowers in it (“you’re a fairy prince now, keith!”) and she listens to him ramble on about lance this and lance that and allura i am. so gay.
- he does the same for her and tries to braid her (freakishly long holy shit) hair,, of course with the mice’s help and she just goes on and on about shay (“she’s so strong but gentle i would trust the mice with her”)
- “do you need help with picking out a dress?” “from you? oh honey no”
- TRAINING TOGETHER
- she completely wipes the floor with him
- “allura please i need a breather” “WOULD ZARKON GIVE YOU A BREATHER???!!?”
- “hey, the stars sure are beautiful tonight”
“you know who else is beautiful?”
- “keith i want to knock him all the way to the next deca-phoeb too but this is a diplomatic meeting so please put your sword away”