a little rant...
In the last 2 weeks I noticed many things again which about I had alredy talked but! - right now, it seems it needs to be voiced out again.
Don’t pressure your fellow ARMYs with calling them out for not voting that much and threating them with harmful comments like: You are not a true army if you don’t vote everyday, // you have no right to be happy when Bangtan win because you didn’t put in as much effort as I did …etc
=> STOP THIS! not everyone has that much time as for example a high school kid has or doesn’t have all day available Internet connection either. Please don’t drag them down, many people already feel bad for not being able to vote or stream etc because of their circumstances. We all have different lifestyle but we love the same band who we all try to support based on our abilities and limits. Everyone is thankful for those who can put more effort to the voting or the whole supporting thing, believe me, but it’s funny how some people look down on those who can’t be on the same level as them.
=> Please be considerate, we already have too many unnecessary haters therefore we don’t need badmouthing in our own fandom - it’s toxic and unnecessary.
=> Also be always humble whenever we win. You can be happy and call Bangtan your king etc but do all of these joy without bashing on other band who lost against us. for example dont call the other fandom losers as many people did before -.-”
for the 100th time…. DONT ASK FOR OTHER MEMBERS WHEN ONE OF THEM HAS A SOLO VLIVE!!!!! DON’t BEG FOR THEM TO JOIN THE MEMBER WHO ACTUALLY HOSTS THE VLIVE !!!
=> please….PLEASE!!!!! I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about this but you know when a member has a solo vlive it means he wants to have a little chat with fans, probably the other members are busy or asleep which MEANS THAT ONE PERSON MADE TIME FOR US, THROWING AWAY HIS SLEEPING HOUR OR OTHER TASKS!
=> I hate repeating myself or bringing up the most painful event but…some ARMY actually made Hoseok sad and basically made him to drop his solo VLive broadcast because they were keep asking for others, so he gave the phone to Jimin and left….HE LEFT ALTHOUGH HE TURNED THE CAMER ON TO HAVE A CHAT!!
I can’t believe that we still have to address this issue….
=> Don’t ask the members in the chat or during vlive if they are dating each other. I DON’T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER “namjiin is real?” question when Namjoon hosts …I don’t want to see another “when do Jikook date?” when Jimin does and etc…there are many others…OR don’t send -is yoonmin real?- to reporters who ask the fandom for questions before they actually interview the band. I did a post about this before and I remembered some comments of it which I will answer here once again:
- But I just want to know if they are aware of their ships?
- Yes, they are aware. They read SNS, they stalk us too also shipping two male members is not a foreign concept in Asian culture. Some companies play with this concept a lot and of course there is a reason why BL was born. -> Great, now you know that they know, please stop.
- But shipping is not a bad thing!
- Yes, you’re right. Shipping isn’t a bad thing, everyone has the right to do it and have fanatasy. HOWEVER: keep it for yourself or among your friends, and even when you talk about shipping stuff online for god sake DON’T TAG BANGTAN’S TWITTER IN IT. Of course we can always argue about where is the real limit of shipping: are fanfics over the limit? is fanvideo too much? or analyzis? etc…it’s hard to decide but there is one thing which about most people agree - you don’t force your shipping imagination on real people, you don’t ask people about their sexuality straightforwardly and no, shipping questions can never be asked from the main characters ….
- Seriously tho…can you imagine yourself standing in front of Namjoon and asking him face to face if he is dating with Jin ergo is he gay or bisexual, pansexual etc???….are you for real people?!?!?!
- Okay but how do you know if my ship is real or not, huh?
- Dude, I don’t know, nobody knows but honestly IT’S NOBODY’S BUSINESS… only theirs. The members dating life, sexuality, or who they sleep with are not our business. If they want to share something with us they will, but just to clarify because of the pressure of public they are careful with their personal life. Please don’t dig your nose into there - it’s out of a fan’s limit. As a fan we have boundaries and this is part of it…this whole thing! I don’t think I have to give a rant about who we call sasaengs right?
and not lastly….ship wars
=> as we all know, you can ship whoever you want (between the mentioned limits), you can call your ship the real otp, you can look at their interactions fondly etc. BUT do it without calling out the members for destroying your ship moments, do it without getting angry at other people who ships Jikook instead of Jinkook BEcause there is no point of it.
I will tell you a secret…people see whatever they want in their ship. They interpret their interactions the way they want it. You probably ship two people because their interaction seems lovely to you also probably you secretly wish to have a relationship like them - filled with funny, cute, savage etc moments. Most people secretly craves for their shipped people’ bond which is fine, as I said many many times, shipping is not a bad thing.
Here is an example for all of you. There was a bangtan bomb where Jungkook- Tae- Jimin were sitting next to each other. Taekook shippers said Kookie was jealous whenever Tae turned away from him since he poked his mouth inside with his tongue then the Vmin shippers said, Jimin had heart eyes when Tae carefully talked about his feelings of the Wings era.
=> SEE?!?!? we all interpret a situation the way we want and if you ship taekook or vmin this moment will be special to you for a reason. BUT you have to let others to decide how they want to think about this moment, how they want to remember it. You can’t call Vmin shippers stupid for believing in whatever they see because what a taekook shipper sees has the same value as the vmin has. Do you see my point?
My last point….KPOP IS NOT ABOVE YOUR REAL LIFE
I know that there are many young people in our fandom which is cool, ( hello cuties wlecom here ^^/) but I know how overwhelming your life can be. Kpop is fun, you can interact with many people, it’s a sweet escape from reality and problems, something always happens and there is no rest.
Yeah…kpop is fun but it’s not a life goal.
I know that school, university etc are boring, studying is the worst thing but you have duties to do. You have to improve to get into university or you have to learn to get a degree. You need job to feed yourself and establish your life and you have real friends too who are waiting for you to hang out.
- Never ignore your exams, your deadlines because everything will pile up at a certain point and maybe in the end you will collapse under the pressure.
- Try to divide your online life and real life a little bit more; don’t forget that if you miss a Vlive, Bangtan bomb or concert video that won’t equal that you are not a fan, that you don’t like the band.
- Being late from celebrating a win is still okay, because there are others who are late too thanks to time zone’s differences or other duties which they had to fulfill.
- Risk with care - I’m not a saint, I stayed up late night to catch Bangtan on the red carpet before because!!! I knew that I didn’t have morning class, neither exam the next day. I knew that I could have 4 hours sleep just once in a while….so yeah, sometimes we all get tempted but as I said think twice before you fall for it :)
- If you can, follow a schedule: It’s hard to get rid of a bad habit so let’s take it slow - in the beginning after you wrote your homework or memorize what you have to do, reward yourself by watching something on youtube. Or do your duties first, don’t turn on your computer until you’re done and just after that come online. - it seems hard but it’s important for your future.
I know that many of you will roll your eyes, saying how stupid this is but belive me…most people who have been in kpop for decade or years they all went through the same like you…we all learnt from our mistakes and because of that we try our best to help on you, the new “generation”. I was always a good student so I didn’t struggle as much as one of my friend did but even I realized that sometimes I was too much into this world which was so far away from me…..that’s why I’m talking now, that’s why I give you the same tipps which I gave to my friend who was once really obsessed.
I hope we can live peacefully in this fandom and that we can love our boys without throwing fist at each other. Let’s not make this fandom toxic, it would be such a waste after we went through and we still have to go through.