1. drink more water. simple, easy, healthy.
2. write more, make connections.
3. be healthy - physically and mentally.
4. be happy, or at least get on the path to happiness.
5. get involved in passion projects.
6. focus on school. education is opportunity.
7. forgive, both others and myself.
8. have fun - learn how to unwind.
9. stop procrastinating, be proactive.
10. develop healthier coping mechanisms.
11. make more playlists. music is everything.
12. stop comparisons - i am myself and nobody else and this is okay.
13. drop toxic people. stop putting up with things, learn to say no.
14. breathe, relax, calm down. take it slow sometimes.
15. give more compliments.
16. stand up for myself. i am powerful too.
17. make a difference, however small.
Breaking off pieces of yourself to fit into places will not help you belong, it will only make you bleed. Tearing yourself into half to fit in will not help you belong, it will only take your soul. The only way you will ever belong is when you feel complete without anyone reassuring you that you are. You are valid. Alone, or with company. Do not let anything convince you otherwise.
“how did you know that it was over? that you should leave him?”, she asks her best friend.
“simple. i asked myself two questions: do i love him? and, does he make me happy?”
“yes, yes i love him. but no, he doesn’t make me happy. and just being in love with someone isn’t enough. if that someone can’t make you happy, all the love in the world can’t help you. you will just end up destroying yourself for someone who isn’t even worth it.”
e.s. // all the love in the world can’t help you.