- The word “Tevene” is used only for the language. The adjective is Tevinter just like the noun. So, for example, a Tevinter person may speak Tevene. A “Tevene” person doesn’t exist.
- People who are born without magic despite being children of Altus or Laetans mages can still inherit. Felix Alexius, son of Magister Gereon Alexius, had so little magic you could practically say he wasn’t a mage, but he still was his father’s legal heir, which means he would have inherited his possessions, his wealth and his seat in the Magisterium.
- That is because people without magic can be magisters. In fact, when Andrastianism first became the Imperium’s official religion, most magisters were not mages. It’s only after the Towers Age (3:00 - 3:99) that non-mages started to become a minority and eventually entirely disappeared from the Magisterium. In modern times, it’s practically unheard-of and nearly impossible to have non-mages on a magisterial seat. But, as said, it is legal. (It did help a lot that Felix, mage or not, was still son of an Altus. Gereon’s decision to keep him as heir was somewhat out of the ordinary and not everyone’s reaction may be as accepting.)
- Altus families intermarry with southern nobility a lot. A non-mage child can easily be used to seal an alliance with a noble from outside Tevinter.
- Agnatic primogeniture is not a thing. That is, the rule that says the only the male firstborn can inherit, and if not possible, the second male heir will instead, and so on. A daughter can inherit and, in absence of any eligible candidate (or even in presence of it), anyone can choose to take one ore more apprentices. Apprentices have legal rights over their patron/teacher’s possessions, and can inherit their titles.
- As far as canon goes, women seem to not take the husband’s name when they marry (unless much, much greater in importance than their own, I assume). Both Livia Arida and Aquinea Thalrassian, wives of Gereon Alexius and Halward Pavus respectively, are never addressed using their husband’s surname. It’s entirely possible that they are legally known by their maiden name throughout their life.
OMFG SENPAI. The new lottery on SLBP. The thing before with Yuki and Saizo. Yuki just killed me 😂😂😂