Sounds In A Gallery - National Poetry Month with BABEL (4/26)
The evening will be co-presented by A Poet Art Gallery & Community Arts Organization, “Love, Us” and will include: > Food! > Wine & other refreshments! > Full set by Temple University’s Poetry Collective, BABEL! > Special guests! > Open mic! > Music & art! > Dj'ing by #TeamLoveUs member, @theSophant > Hosting by Christopher K.P. Brown!
8-9pm: Gathering 9pm: Open Mic & Performances
**18 and over **$10 includes everything above with the exception of drinks
Located at A Poet Art Gallery 4032 Girard Ave. (40th & Girard) Across the street from High School of the Future, down the street from The Philadelphia Zoo
Bring a friend. Always great vibes here. Always better with you in attendance:)
After a semester of being miserable at Pace University in New York City and another semester of being miserable at a community college in my hometown, I’m finally going to be where I wanted to be in the beginning (TempleU)! I can’t believe that it’s finally happening though. I feel like I’m finally on the path to achieving the life I want. I’m done taking advice from others and not doing what I want! If you live that way forever, you’re just setting yourself up to be miserable (just like I did).
Transferring sucks. I feel like a freshman with no friends. I’m sort of missing all of my friends at Pace, but I would never go back to that god awful place. If you’re new to Temple, message me! Chances are I’m not doing anything since 1. I don’t live on campus (I have my own apartment with my boyfriend) and 2. I don’t know anyone! womp womp.
SUMMER SNACK | Whether frozen or freshly dipped, Banana Crunch Pops are a great treat to cool you down this summer.
½ cup of Dark or Milk Chocolate pieces
½ cup of Crushed Almonds
½ cup of Toasted Coconut
3-6 popsicle sticks
1. Peel Bananas and slice into 1 ½ inch-thick pieces and insert popsicle sticks.
2. Line your baking sheet with waxed paper and freeze them for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat or use a microwave and place in a bowl.
4. Once frozen or firm and cool to the touch, dip the banana pops individually and quickly top with almonds, toasted coconut or even peanuts!
5. Place the freshly dipped bananas on the waxed baking sheet when complete to set.
6. Enjoy these snacks right away or store in the fridge over night for up to three days.
This delectable snack gives you the freedom to substitute any toppings as you wish. #nutrition #SummerSnack #Snack #fruit #Summer #banana #Dessert #Healthy #Fruits #PrettyGirlsSweat #PGS #PGStempleU #PGSonCampus #TempleUniversity #TempleU #tu15 #tu16 #tu17 #tu18 | Written by: PGS Ambassador Raven Brewington (@_RavenAshley)