- is a wonderful character.
- is Pro-Templar.
was named after a Templar whom Malcolm Hawke deeply respected.
- cares very deeply about his siblings and loves them very much.
- has spent his entire life trying to protect his mage siblings.
- joined the army to do his part in protecting Ferelden, including his family.
- doesn’t get a chance to mourn his twin’s death because he has to continue protecting his family.
- recognizes that devoting his whole life to taking care of his older sibling is unhealthy for him.
- joins the Templars because he needs to feed himself and his mother (and Gamlen) somehow with no guarantee that Hawke is alive and ever coming back from the Deep Roads; he cannot get a job with the City Guard because Aveline refused him employment; and his only employable skillset is with his blade.
- as a Templar understands that mages are inherently dangerous and that non-mage people need protection from the, but he also understands that mages need a protector and an advocate as well.
- is, like Ser Barris and Ser Bryant, everything a good Templar should be.
- finds a purpose for himself and his own path in life that he chose himself away from the shadow of his older sibling and as his own person.
- takes responsibility for himself and his actions.
- comes to grips with his own agency and acts upon it.
- never stops loving Hawke.
- never stops loving Bethany.
- will fight to defend Hawke in the end no matter which side Hawke chooses.
- is not anti-mage.
- is not a whiny brat.
- is not a traitor.
- is Pro-Templar, and that is not a bad thing.
- does not stop being Pro-Templar just because you don’t like it. You do not have to and should not erase a part of his personality and characterization in order to make him “acceptable.”
- is underappreciated.
- deserves more love.
- also deserves a hug.
- Please let me love you, Carver!!!
- I would die for you, Carver!!
This has been a Carver Hawke Appreciation Post.