What should i do if my sister just told me that "I'm not trans enough" "It's not hard to figure out you're only faking dysphoria and being trans cause it's cool and you're being influenced". Especially when she also attacked me before and after said sentences, said i don't act/look like i have dysphoria even though I've researched it for months, watched tonnes of videos on people saying their experiences and i felt like i'm similar to them? Especially now that I'm doubting myself even more.
Other people can’t tell you what your gender is! You are the only one who knows how you feel. Your sister can say you’re not trans enough, but she has no way of knowing that, and it means nothing. Also, you don’t need dysphoria to be trans, so yeah, I’d really just ignore whatever she says- she’s not some omnipotent deity who can see into your head, and she isn’t a trans expert, she’s just a gatekeeping sister. If you know you’re trans then you’re trans, nobody can take that identity away from you.
- Non-dysphoric trans people are still trans
- More about non-dysphoric trans people
- Non-dysphoric trans people
- Gender euphoria
- Interpersonal relationships
- Ally resources (to show her)
- Help, someone wasn’t supportive/won’t call my by my name/pronouns
- Problem solving packet
- How to help someone who forgets your pronouns
- Scientific evidence about gender/sexuality stuff