The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) - Stephen Chbosky
5 bullets on this film:
- Yeah, I know it has become a pseudo intellectual teen cliche, but fuck it, I love this movie. Every time I watch it I feel this urge to text my friends and tell them how much I love them. Man, friends are the best thing in this world, and this film makes you realize that.
- God bless the soundtrack. I’ll say it twice and louder for the people in the back: GOD BLESS THIS SOUNDTRACK.
- The cast is great. Logan Lerman did really well in this film, but let’s talk about Ezra Miller????? He’s perfect as Patrick and he really got into the character. I hate seeing young talented people, it makes me feel kinda worthless.
- Stephen Chbosky is the director of the film AND the writer of the book, so all the important details of the story and the cute quotes are still there. I think I had never seen a better adaptation of a book, honestly.
- The themes go from sexual abuse and mental illness to friendship and music. AND I LOVE THAT. It’s really inspiring, and if you’re going through a hard time, watch this movie, it makes you feel alive.