So many books and tv shows about werewolves worship this dominance culture, especially a male-centric dominance hierarchy, and sometimes it drives me nuts because it’s regarded as the default. That if humans transformed into beasts, of course most of the survivors would be men, and of course they’d be violent and territorial and murderous, and of course they’d be vaguely chauvinistic because ‘they can’t help it that’s just how werewolves are’.
It’s this idea that the metaphor for a beast as one’s inner nature is reserved for male characters and male violence, tossed in with frequently-inaccurate anthropomorphic assumptions about animal pack culture.
Where are the stories about the werewolf packs that are mostly female? Where are the stories about the fact that women who’ve born children have a higher pain tolerance than men and would better survive the bite? Where are the stories about the women who spend so much time controlling their passions and their emotions and their desires to navigate in a man’s world that they adapt all to well to controlling their mystical transformations too?
What does a pack of all female werewolves look like? Is there a hierarchical structure, or something else? Does it mean the same thing to be an alpha, a beta? What does it mean to be a lone wolf?
I want the stories about how men who are bitten are more likely to go mad from trying to keep a duality in their minds instead of coming to consensus and sharing space with their wolf-spirit. I want stories about the female alpha wolf who only offers the bite to other girls, because dudes have already fucked up ruling the human world, let’s not let them have the supernatural one too.
I want the story about the trans girl who all of a sudden has to deal with physically transforming her body three nights a month, because hell if you ever wanted a metaphor about not fitting right in your own skin, werewolves are a good option.
I want the story about how the hedge-witches took wolves as familiars and gave them human souls, turned them into human girls, and forced them to give up the wind and the snow and the grass for a life trapped in human flesh.
I want the story about the teenage werewolf girls who hunt down other monsters while they try to find the right shoes for prom and study for their written driver’s test. And when people joke about them going to the bathroom in a pack, it’s not really a joke. Because girls know a journey is not an adventure unless she brings her friends, and when they travel in packs, they travel in packs.
Oh mighty patrick stan... tell us some facts about him
haha i don’t know if i’m the “MIGHTY” patrick stan but i’ll definitely share some facts with you
1. he doesn’t like chocolate. this is also referenced in his short film “moustachette” when the waitress gets him a chocolate milkshake by mistake and ryan key calls her out on it, saying “he doesn’t even like chocolate”
2. his favorite ninja turtle is donatello
3. he doesn’t like the song “wonderful christmastime” because he worked at this grocery store and they played it constantly
4. he quits being a vegetarian when he feels like it
5. travie mccoy calls him “p steezy”
6. gabe saporta calls him “lord groovius”
7. he doesn’t like the spotlight and refers to himself as the anti-frontman
8. he wears hats partly because he’s shy and doesn’t like to be seen
9. he LOVES shoes and at one point he had over 60 pairs but now he only has a few
10. before fall out boy went big, he was a david bowie impressionist for spare money
11. he got kicked off his high school radio team because his teacher thought he dropped the f bomb on air but he claims to this day he didn’t say it
12. he plays just about every instrument you can think of
13. in addition to #12, he speaks a lot of languages including spanish, french, german and japanese
14. he has a fuckton of songs and he’s forgotten how to play most of them, including sophomore slump, blue rabbits (god bless), this city, w.a.m.s. :(, tiffany blews and grenade jumper
15. he doesn’t like acoustic stuff that much
16. his favorite movie is ghostbusters (the first one and the remake, he doesn’t like the sequels) but it used to be rushmore
17. he doesn’t ever want to be president of the united states
18. he used to have extremely bad social anxiety but it’s gotten more mild now that he’s gotten famous
19. he hasn’t eaten chicken nuggets in years and he doesn’t plan on it
20. his favorite kind of books are non-fiction “how to” manuals
21. he wishes he had sung better on “sugar, we’re goin down” but he’s glad that he kept it that way so he could have an image on what to fix in the future
22. his favorite kind of flowers are lilacs
23. he LOVES indian food!
24. he didn’t like “uma thurman”
25. he didn’t like “young volcanoes”
26. he’s allergic to cats but he loves them
27. he actually used to have a tripod cat named marzipan
28. he hates BBQ sauce. he thinks it’s gross
29. he loves the color orange
30. his favorite album is david bowie’s “low”
31. his favorite food is his mom’s pumpkin squares
32. he was extremely violent as a teenager and it’s been noted by his friends that it wasn’t uncommon for him to strangle pete against the wall over lyrics or chord progressions
33. in 2015 he was on a plane and the flight attendant called him out for listening to “headfirst slide into cooperstown on a bad bet” and he got really embarrassed
34. he’s never mentioned what his favorite fall out boy song is but he loves infinity on high and he thinks it’s a really solid album
35. he drummed in a grindcore band called xgrinding processx before fall out boy
36. he played drums for my chemical romance for one show in 2006
37. he used to be roommates with bob bryar but i’ve heard patrick has bob blocked on twitter now
38. he holds the record for “the most interviews conducted and completed in a 24 hour period”, with 72 interviews
39. he slept on his friend’s floor while he was touring for soul punk because after paying for his band’s hotel rooms he couldn’t afford one for himself