Just a quick reminder that Barcamp Gold Coast is on again this weekend. A few people couldn’t make Saturday so we are trialling running it on a Sunday this time. The day will take place at the Gold Coast TechSpace again which is at 3b/51 Johnston St, Southport just behind the Johnston St Cafe (map here: http://goo.gl/XYQug
To RSVP please go here:
Our sponsors are again:
Half of the space will be set aside for short presentations as usual and the other half will be show-and-tell. We have a number of TechSpace projects and technology that we can show people, but feel free to bring along any other appropriate things to show off. Some projects we have are:
- 3D Printers. Reprap (our printer is now working pretty well) and the new Printrbot. We might also even have the Ultimaker here.
- Various Arduino electronics projects. Door openers, DMD displays, RFID.
- Raspberry PI - the $25 PC. We have a couple of these - one will be a setup as Media centre the other a general purpose PC
- One Laptop Per Child - I might do a demo of how to do basic repairs or just have a general mess around with them
- Lego Mindstorms. We have a Rubik’s cube solver and ball sorter that the kids built a few weeks ago at our workshop. Feel free to play… probably won’t have space to build anything on the day though.
Everyone welcome, whatever your skill level. Please try and present something if you can…. your talk can be anything from a 1 minute lightning talk up to a 20 minute presentation. If you don’t want to talk, then please be an active participant by asking questions or just help us out with the logistics on the day. This is a grassroots, participant-led event and not your traditional conference.