Finding cool girls who have the look, the vibe and the insta theme you can kick with is harder than you’d think. These 5 dolls always know what’s up- but you already knew that. Let’s break down your faves faves and steal their inspo from some of the OG style mafia. Co journo with my IRL bestie @lashesnlux xx
LOU TEASDALE // While some days you can look at Lou and think she’s a fourth member of the band Babes In Toyland, lately she’s been keeping things equal parts rock n roll and equal parts chic. So jumping over the obvious Lou Teasdale and Courtney Love comparisons, bin the baby doll dresses and look towards Blondie. Blondie’s style was always garage grunge, effortlessly glam, and tacky fab. Besides both Lou and Debbie Harry being diagnosed with Blondarexia, their closets would be the absolute best of all things punk with a girly twist. Lou’s mastered the “I’ve knicked this top from your boyfriend’s bedroom floor,” maybe pairing it with platform boots and (probably) red lipstick whilst never appearing over the top. Although, Lou usually opts for designer suits and YSL boots when she want’s to go all out posh, I swear she brings those mangy white and blue reeboks in her designer handbag to kick out for any bender.
LOTTIE TOMLINSON //Spice girls of the modern day is back and lookin a lot like girl gang member Lottie Tomlinson. Lottie’s sporty / baby spice inspired look puts us all to shame with her effortless dopeness. I mean you don’t actually have to get sweaty and like workout (?) to achieve Lottie’s straight off the soccer field look. Nah, just throw on a Rita Ora Adidas trackies and some scuffed up trainers and you’re good to go. But really, it’s impossible not to draw parallels between her and KyJenn. When Kylie isn’t glammed out in Balmain or her over-the-knee black leather boots, you can usually find her hitting the streets wearing a bomber jacket or her Puma jumpsuit. The two teen social media moguls always manage to give sucha “don’t fuck with me” vibe rather than a “chav in the back of a shop” vibe. It’s a salt thing. So apply some Candy K lips (but anything nude really), hoops (the biggest you can poss find), insert cool dino braids (mermaid locks preferred), add a good selfie light (which can be purchased at Amazon for as little as $19.99), and you won’t even need to face swap Lottie to look fly for your snapchat story.
GEMMA STYLES // You know that one girl who shows up to the party in ace Nike kicks, black culottes and a cool band tee peeping out through her leather jacket while you’re pimped out in 6 in. pumps and a bondage dress that is cutting off your circulation?? Yup, all of a sudden you feel like shit, overdressed and flat out like you’re trying too hard (your barrel curls and false lashes missed the memo that cool is supposed to be effortless) Mhmmm that’s chicks like Gemma for you. Gemma’s “don’t sweat it” look resembles something of Alexa Chung, the international “It” girl. While Alexa owes a lot of her cred to the fact she was dope enough for indie rock stars to write songs about her, nobody can really rock a graphic tee or a tie-neck blouse like Chung. She’s the perfect combination of tomboy and femme and makes us all wish we had the balls to chop off our hair too. Gemma’s style feels as quirky as Alexa’s and that much more achievable, opting for dungarees, statement jackets, and a monochrome color theme. n like okay, if we can’t be the girl Alex Turner is singing about can we at least look like one of the indie birds in the background of his music video? Looking towards Gemma, it’s a definite.
KAHLANI TWINS // If millennials could stop being lame for five seconds, we’d stop being so scared of bringing back early 2000 trends (you can’t possibly hate silk camis and jean skirts THAT much). Danielle and Nicole Kahlani are what could have been if Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera stayed young forever. Whether you were sneaking cheeky sips of vodka in your friends basement to “Dirrty” by Xtina or looking like a scene out of The Virgin Suicides singing “I’m not a Girl, not yet a woman” by Britney, you deffo had a fave of the two and dressed accordingly. Nicole always keeps things more pink and glittery, pairing things like dark 90’s corsets with a baby pink tube top or pastel denim with grungy bralettes while Danielle keeps her halter tops and baggy skater boy pants much more dark and goth. Nicole and Danielle’s different but same, 90’s but 2000’s, girly but dirty look is seriously what’s it.
make sure to hit up my fave @lashesnlux she’s cooler than meeee xo
How I make my own brush cleaner!
As many of you know I have assisted makeup artist Holly Silius a few times now, I stole this trick from her actually because it was completely genius, really easy to carry round in your kit (or even your makeup bag if you are staying somewhere overnight) and also it’s so good for your brushes! Being a makeup artist my brushes are cleaned sometimes up to 3 times a week, and more depending on how successful you become. If you are using alcohol based products to clean your brushes, although it works, overtime the alcohol literally eats away at your brushes and you have to throw them out and get new ones. So here is a tip to get clean shiny and healthy brushes! 1. Take a small container, you can use a sample pot, an eye cream pot or even a portable salad dressing pot that you can get from your local supermarket! 2. Clean the pot out, and scrape a fancy soap bar in. Holly recommends the ones you get in hotels but a Dove or Nivea will work just the same. 3. Add a little bit of water in and push the soap down with the scraper, mix them together until you get a paste (this will set overnight don’t worry) 4. In the morning you are ready to clean your brushes! Just wet the brush, swirl it around the pot, swirl it in your hand to really saturate the brush, and then rinse and squeeze gently with your hands removing all soapy suds 🛁
Liner is 100% essential and everyone has a preference of brand, types, and color. I feel like we should all have a sticker or something when we first meet people with liner information. It really says a lot!
here is mine :) Hi! I’m Delaney and I like
dark brown, grey, and black
I work best with pencil or pot and angled brush
bobbi brown gel pot, maybelline soft liner, kat von d liquid, and nyx kohl are some of my favorites
I use the edges of a make up sponge to sharpen my wings
white liner saved my life
it took me over 3 months to really get a consistent wing
anyway, here is some info about liner I hope it helps :) message me anytime!
Growing out your hair takes time, there’s no denying it! But you’ve got to start somewhere right?
If you’re sick of your short hair and you don’t know what to do with it, or maybe you just want those long locks back you once had:
• Start with cutting down on all the heat! I’m not saying you should throw out all your curling irons or straighteners but if you want to grow out your hair at a faster rate, that’s what you have to do. Only use a curling iron or straightener on special occasions.
If you feel like you have to curl your hair every single day, having your hair in two French braids (or one braid) over night leaves you with soft waves in the morning! :)
• When showering, use lukewarm water or even cold water when rinsing out shampoo and conditioner.
(NOTE: Use the conditioner on your ends, NOT in the roots as it will weigh down your hair)
Using hot water on your hair is just as bad as using heat products! And since you probably wash your hair a lot with hot water, think of how much damage your hair has to go through. It’ll cause split ends so you’ll have to cut your hair and start all over again.
• When you get out of the shower do NOT use a hairbrush!!! Your hair is so fragile and so much more prone to breakage when it’s wet and using a hairbrush on your hair after showering will once again cause split ends and breakage. So instead of a hairbrush, use a WIDE TOOTH comb or a wooden brush!
• After showering it’s great to use an argan oil of some sort and massage it on your ends as it’ll soften up your hair and you could even run your fingers through your hair (with the oil) and it will make your hair more shiny as well!
• Now, when you’re growing out your hair you don’t want to shower your hair every single day, so maybe wash your hair every second day or three times a week. Now I know you’re all thinking ‘Ew! My hair will get so oily and disgusting!’ Yes, it will get oily and it will look kind of gross but that’s why you’ve got dry shampoo! Dry shampoo will be your new best friend for the next couple of months when growing out your hair! Just part your hair in sections and hold the bottle around 30cm from your hair and spray those roots! I’ve only tried batiste dry shampoo and they tend to look really grey/white when you spray it so make sure to massage it in really well! You don’t want to go out with the roots of your hair looking grey or white!
• I’m growing out my hair right now and it’s a pain in the ass tbh but it’s working, haha. I use a really good hair mask from Lee Stafford, it’s the ‘hair growth’ one and I personally think it’s amazing! I use a thickening hair shampoo and conditioner and with the hair mask it leaves my hair feeling much thicker, softer and it also smells really good.
Hope you guys liked this little hair tip on how to grow out your hair! :D Please send in requests if you have any and I’ll answer as fast as possible! Xx