“It probably stems from the fact that we all ended up at Pixar because of a moment where we looked up at a screen and saw something that moved us. It’s probably cliché to tell my story about loving animation and scouring old reruns of The Wonderful World of Disney because I wanted to know how it was done, but that memory is burned into my brain. It’s these moments where you look at a screen longing for a connection to something and then something fulfills that for you.”
In celebration of our cozy online community, I present to you WHUMPTOBER - 31 Days of deliciously painful prompts for your creative pleasure. Visual art, writing, editing - post whatever inspires you!
Treat (or rather, torture) your whumpees to some tantalizing tropes and tag your work with “whumptober“ so others can enjoy your stuff!
(The challenge kicks off on October 1st, feel free to participate as much or as little as you like. DM me if you have Qs. This post will circulate my blog a few times as we near the end of September. Good Luck and Happy Whumping!)
[Edit] To answer some questions:
-Moodboards, aesthetics, video/gif edits, etc are welcome!
-Fanfiction is welcome!
-Do NOT use the whumptober tag for NSFW (create what you like, but the tag itself needs to be sfw)
-Interpretation of the tropes is up to you (free free to deviate if you get inspired)
-Yes, collabs/exchanges are allowed!
-Yes, you can repost your work to other sites (ao3, twitter, etc etc etc). It’s your work after all!
- she likes the most overdone jokes earth has to offer. keith has lost the count of how many times she woke him up via phone call just to ask if his cooling machine is still running.
- lance’s mom: “how are you enjoying your stay darling?” allura: “it’s been wonderful so far!! i’m especially fond of your air spitters.” lance’s mom: “our what now.” allura, pointing at a hairdryer: “air spitters.”
- when they go grocery shopping she points at the man on a can of pringles with an immense amount of joy and asks hunk how humans had managed to find those pictures from coran’s old modeling gig.
- lance: “princess that’s not how a surfing board works. you can’t just ‘do a flip’ on your first try.” allura: “ok, but consider this: i’m gonna.”
- she most definitely owns multiple pairs of glittery light up skechers. when she got her first pair she stomped around the room the entire day until the battery drained out.
- shiro: “allura…please stop collecting random rats you see on the street.” allura, while hiding five new rats under her coat: “i have no idea what you’re talking about.”
- two days after the team watches wonder woman during one of their movie nights hunk walks in on allura pretending her bayard is the lasso of truth and quoting lines from the movie.
- buying an ice popsicle, eating the entire thing in three bites and then watching everyone’s terrified reactions quickly becomes her favourite hobby
- lance helps her pick a sparkly lush shampoo and whenever she washes her hair she spins in circles until she’s dizzy, watching as it flies around her. (“why are you doing that?” “i believe lance calls it self care.”)
- she sends the paladins at least one student athlete meme a day. they’re not quite sure if she knows about the meme or if that’s just who she is as a person.
- pidge: “you are literally a magical alien princess who pilots a giant, sentient lion. why does this freak you out so much?” allura, flipping one of those baby bottle toys upside down for the twentieth time that morning: i don’t understand. where is the milk going? where is it coming from??“
- allura, wearing a pink party hat, children’s glasses and heelies while blowing bubbles in her strawberry juice with a straw: “i love earth culture.”