So let’s say, hypothetically, AOS gets one more season to finish off their remaining storylines. All of a sudden, Marvel TV announces a spin-off featuring Robbie Reyes. Here’s my fancast:
1) Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes / Ghost Rider
2) Lorenzo James Henrie as Gabriel “Gabe” Reyes
(AN: So I learned recently that Lorenzo is Italian. Shame on you AOS, now I feel dirty for keeping him on here)
3) Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson / Quake: Back due to popular demand from the fans, Chloe signed on for the Ghost Rider show. Daisy’s in-story reason is that SHIELD assigned her to watch over Ghost Rider since he returned, a task that she immediately accepted. I’d imagine her and Robbie’s relationship to be similar to Angel and Cordelia.
As for the other main AOS cast, I’d imagine there’d be 1-2 episode guest roles for them but nothing too heavy. I can see Mack coming on the show in a recurring role but Fitz, Simmons, Coulson, and May, not so much. Maybe just to say hi to Daisy.
4) Genesis Rodriguez as Lisa Ortega: A child prodigy / law school student who befriends Robbie after he stops a group of thugs trying to rob her. She eventually becomes an integral member to Team Rider and is Robbie’s main love interest (the Iris West to his Barry Allen).
Or is she? I’d imagine sometime around season 2 or 3, the writers would set up a love triangle between Lisa, Robbie, and Daisy. That’d be fun.
5) Becky G as Azucena Gonzalez: A high school student and Gabe Reyes’ best friend. She is a bit of a smart-ass but is vocal in her support of Ghost Rider.
Martin Sensmeier as Detective William Talltrees / Red Wolf: A LAPD detective who is assigned to investigating the Ghost Rider killings. He eventually finds out that Robbie is the Ghost Rider but has a change of heart when he realizes that GR is fighting only the wicked.
In season 2, William quits the LAPD and becomes the vigilante known as “Red Wolf”. As Red Wolf, he joins Team Rider.
7) Sophie Wu as Ruby Minh Tran: A half-Scottish, half-Chinese sorceress who hails from the London Sanctum Sanctorum. She is sent to Los Angeles by Doctor Strange in order to monitor the Ghost Rider.
A fun little subplot that I came up with is that Ruby reveals to Daisy that she was Fitz’s first girlfriend. They broke up around the time he left for the SHIELD Academy and she left for “cooking school” (magic training).
When Daisy asks for any funny memories with Fitz, Ruby says, “He tried complimenting me on our first date. I think he wanted to say I had a nice face but he ended up saying I have nice feet”. (that’s a reference to ‘The Fades’, a BBC show that featured Iain and Sophie)
8) Ryan Guzman as James Ramirez: A rookie sorcerer who hails from the New York Sanctum Sanctorum. He is assigned to work with Ruby Minh Tran and the two immediately clash (she’s a bit more sassy and fun, he’s a bit more stern and serious).
So Ramirez and Tran are basically the Fitz and Simmons of the Ghost Rider show. But instead of science, it’s magic. And instead of falling in love, they can’t stand each other.
9) Diego Boneta as Hector Morrow: Robbie’s cousin and Eli’s son. He despises Robbie and Gabe and has a bit of an arrogant streak. But as the series goes on, he eventually redeems himself by joining Team Rider.
So…the Draco Malfoy of the show.
10) Emily Rios as Alejandra Jones / The Punished Rider: A woman who was a victim of human trafficking. She eventually escapes her captors, who are all eventually killed by Ghost Rider. Inspired by GR, she joins Team Rider. She’s recognized as the ‘hardcore’ member of the team because of her sheer hatred of all criminals.
In season two, she takes on a Spirit of Vengeance separate from Robbie’s. It’s this moment that Team Rider realizes there can be more than one Ghost Rider.
To distinguish herself from Robbie, she nicknames herself ‘The Punished Rider’.
11) Santiago Cabrera as Dr. Javier Ybanez: Robbie’s best friend from childhood who grew up to be an oncologist. He is a member of Team Rider, offering Robbie his medical advice.
NOTE: Santiago is only on the main cast for season one. Javier is killed by Blackheart in the season finale.
RECURRING CAST (BUT PROMOTED TO MAIN CAST IN SEASON TWO)
1) Steven Yeun as Hannibal King: A private investigator who was turned into a vampire. He is now a vampire hunter, seeking to prevent others from suffering the same fate.
Hannibal King’s appearance is meant to foreshadow the appearance of Blade.
2) Emilio Rivera as
Lt. Michael Badilino / Vengeance: An army veteran who initially joins Team Rider as an ally. He eventually leaves the team due to growing tensions with Robbie. Robbie has a strict no-killing-of-innocents rule while Michael didn’t care for collateral damage.
Michael eventually comes across a Spirit of Vengeance and becomes a rogue Ghost Rider, simply named “Vengeance”. Although not a true villain, Michael ends up becoming one of Robbie’s main enemies of the show.
1) Walton Goggins as Johnny Blaze / Ghost Rider 1: The original Ghost Rider. Johnny returns to Robbie’s life and acts as his mentor from time-to-time.
2) Naoko Mori as Roxanne Simpson-Blaze: An investigative journalist and Johnny Blaze’s wife.
3) Burn Gorman as Mephisto: Arguably the main antagonist of the whole series. He’s the Devil, nuff said.
4) Reg E. Cathey as Carter Slade / The Phantom Rider: One of the first few people to take on the Rider. He was Johnny’s mentor and ends up becoming Robbie’s mentor as well.
BIG BADS (ONLY GOING UP TO SEASON THREE)
1) Dylan O’Brien as Blackheart: Main antagonist of season one. He is a powerful demon and one of Mephisto’s sons. Blackheart comes to Earth, seeking to overthrow his father.
During his rampage, he manages to kill Javier Ybanez, which led to Robbie losing his mind and destroying Blackheart with the full power of the Ghost Rider.
2) Emily Kinney as Zadkiel: Main antagonist of season two. She used to be an archangel before being tossed out of heaven for attempting to usurp God. Desperate for payback, Zadkiel went after the Ghost Riders on Earth, seeking to obtain their power in order to be powerful enough to return to heaven and defeat God.
Zadkiel was eventually defeated in combat by Robbie, Michael, and Alejandra. To make sure she wouldn’t return, she was dragged to hell by Mephisto.
3) Kate Micucci as Andrea Wallace / Jose Zuniga as Eli Morrow (visions and voice only): Main antagonist of season three. Andrea Wallace was a struggling comedian who bothered no one. One day, while walking home from a gig, she becomes an accidental victim of a gang shooting. Just minutes later, she is resurrected after accepting an offer from a strange spirit who told her he would help her get revenge. The spirit was later revealed to be Eli Morrow, who also wants revenge on Robbie.
So Andrea ends up becoming the host for Eli. She’s still there but slowly loses her mind due to Eli’s influence. Like in the comics, due to Eli’s spirit, Andrea can transform into a being similar to the Ghost Rider. Because of this, Team Rider nicknames her “Fool’s Rider” since even though she looks and acts like a Ghost Rider, she’s technically not one since her powers didn’t come from a Spirit of Vengeance.
Andrea is eventually defeated by Robbie, who uses his Penance Stare to punish Eli’s soul. Although free from Eli, Andrea is quaked to death by Daisy in order to make sure Eli doesn’t return. This is the moment where Daisy starts becoming more of an anti-hero.
So Felix is dead, Locus has partaken n genocide… With Wash having joined Blue Team, how aboouut… Red Team Siris?
No, I like to think Wu went on to settle with his family. But it’s a nice thought.
•Siris gently guiding Sarge towards plans that don’t maximize casualites.
•Siris impressing everyone by being purple and also really good at fighting.
•Siris comforting Lopez whenever Donut mistranslates him, having had picked up some Spanish from Locus and his kids’ high school homework.
•Siris watching the goofy, self-invested one and the more serious, duty-bound one bicker and love each other, remembering his last duo morosely.
•Siris having to be told by Wash and Carolina that what happened on Chorus was out of his control and that he doesn’t need to atone for the bounty hunters and life he abandoned.
But he does anyway.
The sky was ripped open in a multitude of colors and a giant serpentine-shaped mech fell out of the colorful vortex and towards the ground below.
The Time Twins had Wu cornered, but the sudden free fall caused them to loose their balance and they slid to the far wall. With a hope for escape, Master Wu hopped over broken consoles and shredded metal loose in the bridge of the Iron Doom and catapulted himself out of the opening.
Using Airjitzu, the Master soared above the landscape for a few seconds before landing painfully on the ground, his staff rolling a few feet away from him. Dirt rose into a cloud from where he collided with the ground. He turned around and watched as the Iron Doom slammed into a hill and shattered into pieces. With a sigh of relief, he looked around.
He had landed on a dirt road in a hilly part of Ninjago, next to a glistening lake. There were no signs of anyone around, or what year he could be in. He reached for his staff, but flinched when suddenly a person robed in a dull red ninja master gi landed in front of him and snatched up the staff. With an expert trick of his hands, the ninja twirled the stick around and pointed it at the Master. Wu raised his hand to protect himself, but looked up to see none other than-
The red ninja dropped the staff and stuttered backwards a few steps. “But…that’s…it’s been…”
“It is good to see you made it back to the proper time, Kai.” Master Wu said as he slowly stood and took is staff. “But how long has it been since the incident with the Time Twins?”
Kai was about to answer, but then more ninjas seemed to drop from the sky, wearing similar dull ninja master robes. There was a collective gasp as the team recognized Wu and Wu recognized the team.
“I can’t believe it! It’s Master Wu! After all these years!” Jay spoke up, his voice deeper than Wu remembered it to be.
The green ninja master, wearing full master robes, stepped forward.
“Uncle Wu…I can’t believe…it’s been so long-”
Wu looked around at the Ninja, but couldn’t tell their age because their hoods were all still up. “Please, tell me how long it has been.”
The ninja pauses and exchanged glances with each other before slowly removing their hoods.
Light wrinkles decorated their faces. Cole still had his green scar, but it was barely visible under his cropped beard. Kai’s hair was graying on the sides, and Nya’s hair was grown to her shoulders. Zane looked the same, he might had updated some of his facial features, and Jay sported his mustache. Lloyd removed his hood, revealing his white hair and sunken cheeks.
“Master Wu,” older Lloyd said quietly, “We waited so long for you to show up. After many years, we finally declared that you had died in the temporal zone.”
“How long have I been gone?” Master Wu asked.
Kai glanced at his sister. “Master, we have been waiting for your return for 40 years.”
When I first watched “The Voice in the Night” (1x04), I thought that Asami was just being polite speaking to Korra here. It just seemed a little weird to me that Mako would say much about Korra to Asami.
Then we get to “The Ultimatum” (3x11) and Grandma Yin mistakes Asami for Korra.
Apparently, Mako told his grandma “so much” about Korra. We didn’t really see much of it though. And where did Grandma Yin get the idea that the Avatar is beautiful? She’s just being really nice here, right?
…we get to “Remembrances” (4x08). All Wu has to do is ask and Mako starts talking about Korra.
Mako even gets frustrated when Wu interrupts his story about Korra because he wants to keep talking about Korra so badly.
If Mako didn’t feel like telling Wu that much about his relationship with Korra, he easily could’ve changed the subject here and talked about his pro-bending career. But nah, he keeps talking about Korra.
And he’s interrupted more than once.
And just as annoyed by being interrupted.
Really all you have to do is ask Mako about Korra and he’ll go on…and on…and on.