‘Araya Flamefist hails from a monastery deep within jagged and forbidding Spine of the World mountains, where discipline and attaining balance of all four elements is valued above all else. Her eagerness to prove herself in battle and tendency to seek out combat whenever she could was what ultimately saw her sent out into the world to recruit new acolytes for the monastery. Together with her raven Tenzin, her elvenphant Kyoshi and a group of adventurers that are almost family to her, she now battles the Cult of the Dragon… or Dragon Club, as she has taken to calling them.’
~ This engaging fire genasi Monk was commissioned by the gratuitous Charredlore, for one of his adventurers.
‘Located within the North Ward of Waterdeep, just off to the side of the High Road, lies Lingrim’s Lustrous Loot – a shop that sells magical weaponry, armor and trinkets. It is owned by Grimhildur Goldenshield and Aralinathra Syolkiir: an incredibly enthusiastic Dwarven lass with the most marvelous of crimson beards and her long-suffering, tall and graceful moon Elven wife, respectively. They were all too glad to finally find a group of adventurers that they could sponsor in return for a hefty increase to their revenue. Contracts were signed, garbs and armor enchanted with their insignia, and off into the world Araya and her friends went to foister faintly sparkling pamphlets onto just about everyone.’
~ This fancy shield belongs to the OC’s of Charredlore. A crest design in the distinctive golden ‘Dwarf-Deco’ style in combination with a stylish purple ‘Elf-nouveau’ (or ‘Elvendstil’ if you like) eye, if I may be so bold to label the styles myself ;)…
1. Rather than being frozen for a hundred years, Aang dies in the blizzard. The Water Avatar after him dies as a child before she can be discovered, and the Earth Avatar languishes unfound in a poor Earth Kingdom village on the edge of the Si Wong desert until he dies in his thirties in a sand storm. When Iroh is born, absolutely no one is looking for the Avatar in the Fire Nation.
2. Iroh is still the son of Firelord Azulon, still the golden prince of the conquering Fire Nation, and still the Dragon of the West and celebrated general. In fact, he doesn’t have any idea he’s the Avatar until his son dies in the seige of Ba Sing Se.
3. When he goes on his spiritual quest, the spirits basically tell him he’s the Avatar and also a total blockhead. Unfortunately, at the time, he’s really too depressed to do anything about Ozai and the Fire Nation war machine. In fact, he doesn’t start to wake up from his depressive daze until Zuko’s scarring and banishment.
4. So Zuko is on a boat hunting the Avatar with the secret Avatar standing right next to him. There’s no way this is all going to end in disaster. Fortunately, Iroh is a sensible human being who decides he is not going to bother with this Avatar hunting nonsense, so he turns to Zuko and goes: Good news Nephew! You found the Avatar. And now the Avatar is kidnapping you. And we’re going to meet up with some friends of mine from all four nations. Isn’t that wonderful? Zuko does not think it’s wonderful. By the way, this is one of those universes where the Order of the White Lotus holds Zuko captive and forcibly teaches him statecraft.
5. When Iroh goes to the White Lotus and tells them he is the Avatar, Bumi is delighted. He won’t stop cackling. Pakku is horribly disgruntled, both by Iroh being the Avatar and needing waterbending training, and by Bumi’s glee. Also Iroh has to quickly implement a ban on Jeong Jeong teaching Zuko anything, ever.
Draco Malfoy wasn’t a crier. He was stone faced and he was smug looking. He was smiling a lot more lately. Smiling at the small moments in his friends lives, such as when Blaise finally asked Ginny to marry him on the quidditch field in front of millions of fans. The look on his face when she said yes, that made Draco Malfoy smile.
When his mother accepted his relationship with Hermione Granger, that made Draco Malfoy smile. His love having tea with his mother every Tuesday at 2:00 pm talking about books and his mother’s garden made his lip quirk ever so slightly.
When Pansy announced that she was pregnant with a baby girl, and Hermione and Ginny squealed in delight as Pansy gushed over the possible names in the kitchen of his new acquired home that he and Hermione decorated. Draco began to exit the room when Pansy began to tease him about having one of his own sometime soon after the wedding of course. He walked out of the room but Hermione saw the small smile that formed on his face as he went to talk to Harry about his thoughts on the baby.
When Theo finally introduced Luna as his girlfriend to them all, Merlin it took him forever to gain the courage. They made a good looking couple. How they sat on the sofa with their hands intertwined like a couple of kids as he made her blush with his whispers. That made Draco Malfoy smile
The day of Ginny and Blaise’s wedding, even though Hermione looked the most stunning out of them all, was beautiful even for his standards. Her hair flowing down her back while in that blue gown that he loved the most. The way she smiled when they danced and told him that this reminded him of their wedding a year ago. The thought of her in her wedding dress once again made him smile.
A couple days later, Hermione told him that she was expecting, a boy, gods he was having a boy. A smile that could be seen for miles it was so big, she looked at him and cried the happiest tears. Finally they were having a child. He hugged her and told her that he loved her with everything. She told their friends and they were delighted. If they were lucky Harry and Pansy’s baby girl would be in the same year as him. They decided to name her Lillian, that made everyone smile.
Coffee made Draco Malfoy smile as he woke up in the mornings. Theo and Luna were already talking to the gorgeous brunette that was carrying his child. They were going to travel for a couple months and Hermione was trilled for them. Luna promised to owl pictures and things for Hermione to read. Hermione smiled. Her stomach growing bigger everyday.
When Hermione’s water broke Draco panicked. Not knowing what to do she yelled at him to get her to St. Mungos. She sent a patronus to Ginny, telling her to let everyone know. Sitting in the waiting room, Draco Malfoy was nervous. A healer called him in to hold Hermione’s hand during the labor. She was crying when he came in but I don’t think it was out of the pain the little boy was causing her. She was happy.
When Draco heard the cries of his newborn he smiled. He look at Hermione and smiled. The doctors went and cleaned him off as he held Hermione’s hand and smiled. She looked at him with adoration and uttered the words I love you and he smiled. Hermione was holding the baby when she looked at him, I think I have a name for him, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, doesn’t it sound lovely is what she said. Draco looked at her and nodded, it was perfect.
Hermione handed him Scorpius and Draco stood there in awe. He was beautiful. Surrounded by his friends he just looked at the baby and his eyes began to water and the smile on his face couldn’t be missed. Draco was a father and the love of his life had given him a perfect child. For the first time in years Draco Malfoy cried.
We’re excited to share this exciting documentary, The Reality Of Truth, with our community. The
film offers a front row seat on an around the world exploration of how
people, groups and entire cultures tap into an alternative “true
reality” through spirituality, meditation, and plant medicine. Featuring
thought leaders from around the world, including Bruce Lipton, Deepak
Chopra, Ram Dass, Marianne Williamson, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Foster
Gamble and many more.
I have been experimenting with new teas, spell jars, and essential oil blends🌿 These three were created especially for a dear soul friend of mine going through quite a bit of stress and lack of inner acceptance but I am going to start offering little bundles for different intentions🙇
A tea for soothing the soul and releasing negative energy made with Mugwort, Hibiscus, Rosemary, Lemon Balm, Blue Cornflower, and Juniper Berries🌱 Little oil blend consistenting of Peppermint, Patchouli, and Cedar to bring the body, mind, and spirit back to balance🍃 And I created a special intended spell jar for the reminder of one’s inner strengths, along with holding protecting energies of love and abundance✨
These take quite a bit of energy to create but have proven to be quite worth it in the long run and so I would like to offer it to you guys as well🌹 I will start taking any special requests, please send me over a message if you are interested😄 I hope everyone is having a lovely day, sending many well wishes and bright blessings starshines!💚
hi! i'd love to hear what you think would have happened if wyldon hadn't let keladry stay after her first year!! love your writing :^)
“Mindelan, it may be that the best thing said of my tenure is that you were my student. Should that be the case, I am the wrong man for this post. I did all I could to get rid of you. Your probation was wrong. You know that, I know it. I was harder on you than any lad. Thank Mithros I remembered my honor and let you stay when you met the conditions—but it was a near thing. Next time, I might not heed the voice of honor.”
– Wyldon of Cavall (Squire)
Kel sat and thought about it all through the long summer– thought about joining the Riders when she turned sixteen, or going back to the Yamani Isles with her parents, or running away to become an unlawful bandit hunter.
She drank tea with her mother and accepted her quiet sympathy. She wondered what was going to happen to Peachblossom. She did her morning glaive practice dances in the heady air of the tiny courtyard garden of her parents’ townhouse, where the cook grew herbs and spices in big overflowing boxes.
Summer rolled on. She sat, and she thought, and she did not tell her thoughts to anyone. On the first day of what would have been her second year of page training, she woke before the sun and had a quiet breakfast with her father, and then she jogged up the big dusty hill to the palace grounds.
When the pages trailed out of the building to the practice yards with dubious enthusiasm, she was waiting just outside their ground. Her chin was high, her shoulders loose while her hands gripped her weighted staff.
“Probationer,” Wyldon barked out her, when one of the boys went to fetch him. “Was I unclear in the spring?”
Kel stared him down, fingers white on her staff, and said, “I’m not a probationer anymore.”
“She’s a private citizen, just enjoying the fresh air,” Neal called from the other side of the practice yard fence. He got armor cleaning punishment for a week for his cheek and Kel lifted and lowered and struck with her staff to the call of the masters. Her staff hit thin air. The clack of the pages’ staves colliding hit her ears.
“That’s palace property,” Wyldon said ten minutes in, and plucked the staff out of her grip, so Kel followed the lesson with empty hands and brought her mother’s spare walking stick the next day.
They started calling her trespasser, after that, and Kel stood calm on the public grounds just on the other side of the practice yard fence, practicing her high blocks.
While the pages had riding practice, she sat in the dirt outside the riding yard and did the homework Neal smuggled out for her. He handed the finished assignments in for her, too, even though only Myles and the one Mithran priest who had never learned anyone’s names graded them. She took notes on what riding exercises the masters were assigning the pages and watched Neal where he sat on Peachblossom’s back like a sack of mulish peanuts.
“When I heard you weren’t t’ be coming back,” Stefan the hostler told her. “I wasn’t sure what would happen to the old lad.”
“Me, either,” said Kel, looking down at her math and trying to keep her face smooth and still.
When the pages went in for their seated classes, Stefan let her take out Peachblossom to try to exercises herself. Days the gelding was too tired, he found other mounts for her and Kel learned all their names– gentle Aubrey and fastidious Starfall and distractible, clever Redding and poor anxious Terence, who almost threw her more than once. “He comes by the fidgets honest,” Stefan told her and Kel brought extra apples for Terence when she could.
She still took on Lalasa when Gower found her feeding the sparrows in the courtyard beside her old rooms and asked her. Her parents’ townhouse had the funds to hire another maid, though Kel didn’t need or want a personal servant.
Lalasa pinched Kel’s torn clothes from her room all the same and returned them better hemmed and beautifully mended. Kel barely saw her, though she tried to leave a coin from her allowance on the piles of clothes she thought the young woman was most likely to steal away next.
She didn’t ask for the help and she told herself she didn’t want it, but she jogged up the big dusty hill to the palace grounds every day with her weighted harness weighing on her shoulders.
She stood just outside the low fence of the practice yards and ignored Joren’s comments and Zahir’s sneers and the rebukes of the swordfighting teachers– distraction, they said. Lump, waste, failure.
The sun beat down on her aching shoulders and she thought I could stand here forever, thought you are just noise and wind, I am a mountain. I will be here long after you cease howling.
Neal landed blows on Joren’s fingers, apologizing blandly to the masters for his clumsinesses, because Kel had ordered him to get in no fights for her honor. The sun beat down on the careful stitches of Kel’s cotton shirt, which fit as perfectly as Lalasa could manage from a shy distance.
She told herself she didn’t want the help, didn’t need it. Her harness weighed down her shoulders, her makeshift staff weighed down her arms, but the cotton laid light and kind on her back.
There has been some general progress in the development of this AU. In particular concerning Mob and Swamp Dragons, who he feels an inexplicable kinship towards.
Mob’s introduction to the Swamp Dragons is when his classmate, Sammy, ‘hires’ Reigen and Mob to investigate the haunting of the his manor and stables. The details of that particular adventure are yet to be worked out, but it basically ends with Reigen and Mob sitting down to tea with Sammy and his mother, a gracious noblewoman, Lady Ramkin, who takes a liking to Mob immediately. (Reigen is less pleased when the Captain of the City Watch, Sam Vimes, walks in and demands to know “what the bloody hell is that overblown con artist doing at my dining table”).
After things settle down though, Mob makes frequent trip to the shelters to help care for the dragons. (Reigen too. Although never when Captain Vimes could be coming home.)
(I totally stole ofpaintedflowers’s costume designs for these. If you guys go bother her enough, maybe she’ll post the rest of her gorgeous designs for this crossover.)
This idea has been eating up my brain, so I present to you: Blue Spirit!Ursa
After Ursa gives Ozai the poison to kill Azulon, she goes home and finds out that her parents are dead, but instead of Ikem finding her, she stumbles across the Order of the White Lotus. They take her in, help her get on her feet, arrange with Iroh to get her updates on how her children are doing, and in turn she begins to absorb some of the Order’s philosophies and listens to the tales of woe of members of the Order who have been hurt by the Fire Nation’s war of conquest, or who have witnessed others being hurt by it. To Ursa, the biggest surprise are how many of them are like her, Fire Nation people.
To Ursa, it becomes clear that killing Azulon is not enough. She left Ozai in place to rule, and there he still is, tearing apart families, poisoning rivers, clearing forests for mining and military industry, all in the name of his own personal power. She needs to do more. She dons the mask of the Blue Spirit, and works to create a little justice right in the heart of Ozai’s empire, sabotaging munitions plants, and mining operations, freeing conscript labor, and fighting to take back her homeland.
Meanwhile, disturbing news about her children reaches her from Iroh…
Summary : You’re a meta-human able to see ghosts, summon them etc etc…and you decide to give your Bruce a birthday gift he’ll never forget.
I had this story in my head for quite a while now, not sure how to feel about it though. I don’t know, you guys know me, I’m like : “meh” as usual…Anyway, don’t hesitate to tell me what you think please, wether you liked or not :-) …Hope you’ll like it though :
When Bruce was looking all around the World for meta-human, he found you in a small village in France’s country side, and…you intrigued him right away.
You were sitting on a bench in a small cemetery, lost in daydreams.
He felt irreversibly attracted to you. The way you seemed lost in your thoughts, the glint in your eyes as you looked at nothing in particular, your poise, even the way you breathed subjugated him, for reasons he couldn’t quite pinpoint…When you turned your head to him, feeling his presence, and your eyes locked on each other, the beating of his heart became ecstatic, uncontrollable…He had to talk to you.
Against all of his usual instinct, he approached you and sat down next to you. And the conversation just flew naturally. It was something he never experienced before. You were a total stranger, and yet, he felt like he knew you since forever.
(Y/N). That was your name. It rolled on his tongue delightfully. In the span of a few hours, you just talked about anything and everything. It was just too amazing, and for a minute, he thought maybe you were a meta-human whose powers was to control one’s emotions, because he never talked like that to anyone, including his close friends, so to a total stranger…
Turned out, your powers weren’t to control someone’s feelings, not at all. Your powers were…scarier, and you hated using them. You had a special bond with Death…You could summon zombie warriors from the ground and control them, you were able to see if someone’s life was going to end soon, and was plagued by visions of ghosts of people that still had important business to finish on Earth. You hated your powers.
au + 5 hc - Maiko if they were part of the Sun Warriors civilization
1. Canon I think points petty strongly to there being a period where Ozai favored both his children, before he decided Azula fit his idea of ideal offspring better than her brother did, but what if that wasn’t the case? What if Zuko were a sickly baby, or otherwise was imperfect in Ozai’s eyes? What if he wanted to rid himself of this flawed child? Ursa is horrified and also terrified for her baby. She goes to Iroh as the first born prince and heir, and he tells her to give the child to him for safe keeping. They smuggle in the stillborn baby of a pauper who couldn’t pay for a funeral, and tell Ozai that the baby died in the night. It’s this child, whose ashes lie in the royal crypt. Iroh intends to take Zuko to an army captain of his who he knows has been trying for a child, but then the army captain dies, and Iroh stumbles across a hidden ancient civilization, and long story short, Zuko ends up with the Sun Warriors.
Two years later, an unattended baby Mai crawls into a life raft while her family is traveling and winds up drifting onto the beach, only to be found, dehydrated and miserable by a Sun Warrior woman collecting shell fish.
2. Mai and Zuko have much much happier childhoods than canon, spending much of their time running around on the beach or in the outer edges of the jungle, climbing trees and cliff-sides, and scaring their parents half to death like many active children. They live just on the other side of the village square from each other, and they and the other Sun Warrior children grow up laughing, playing, and learning how to hunt, tend crops, fish, and weave. It’s just about idyllic, and neither of them know how lucky they are to have it.
3. At thirteen, firebenders among the Sun Warriors go to meet the firebending masters and present to them the sacred eternal flame. Zuko’s little brother has been talking non-stop about how the dragons are going to eat his brother. He’s also actually having nightmares, and he doesn’t want to watch, and Zuko is going to be sooooo glad when this is all over and Seiji can stop worrying. So when he goes with another thirteen year old to present the fire to the masters, he’s a little on edge. And then, something goes wrong. Ran accidentally burns Zuko. Everybody freaks out. Seiji is traumatized for life, Ran freaks out, and poor Zuko, screaming in pain, is picked up by a panicking giant dragon, and hidden away in her nest. He almost dies because she won’t let anybody near him.
After the worst of the fever is over, and she lets him out to shamble back home to the village, the elders put their heads together and decide that the dragons have obviously chosen him, and he’s now going to become their next high priest. Zuko is like, no, come back childhood free of responsibilities and big flying lizards who think they’re his mom, come back!
I should probably note here that dragons are not human intelligence level, they’re more like smart dogs.
4. As if the sudden invasion of a mated pair of dragons into his life, who try to parent him (and Zuko isn’t sure what he thinks about that, given that one of them burned half his face off, and then held him captive, and no seriously, he thought his brother was right, and she was going to eat him) his new teacher is Ham Ghao, and he is a bit of a… Instead of running around outside, he’s stuck tending the sacred fires and sweeping the temple floors, and the only person who keeps him sane is Mai, who shows up to sneak him out. Together, the two of them explore the jungle, gather fruit, and hunt for rabbit-dear and parrot-lizards. And as they get older, they find other things to do away from thr prying eyes of the village and Ham Ghao as well.
5. Izumi is going to be spoiled silly by her dragon grandparents, you have no idea. They’re going to keep bringing her dead animals and trying to teach her to hunt dragon style.