Cruelty Free Makeup Review! 💄👄
I recently went to ULTA to buy some new makeup as I stray away from products that are tested on animals. Here is a written review of the products I purchased!
- Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara - I hadn’t worn mascara in years because it always irritated my eyes. I can safely say that this mascara goes on clean with no clumps and no irritation. 10/10.
- Sex Kitten Eyeliner - Again, eye makeup almost always makes my eyes water or smudges after a few hours of wear, but this stuff goes on clean and lasts for hours with no smudging or smearing. 10/10.
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Pencil - As someone who practically has to draw their eyebrows on, I’m picky about the kind of pencil I use and haven’t had much luck finding one I liked, until I tried this. The pencil is self sharpening and somewhat thin for precision but it lasts all day and I even have a hard time washing it off, meaning it stays true to its claim of being waterproof. 10/10.
- Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation - I have always hated wearing liquid foundation. It would leave my face feeling oily and heavy, not to mention the irritation I faced with having such sensitive skin. This powder foundation is thick enough to provide good coverage yet light enough for all day use with no problems. I even like that it came with a flat sponge applicator instead of a powder puff. 10/10.
- Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush - This blush is amazing, hands down. I chose a color that was light enough not to be too drastic but it still provides a lovely rosy color on my cheeks. Paired with the powder foundation, it’s an unstoppable combo. 10/10.
- Tarteist Quick Dry Lip Matte Paint (Obsessed) - Not gonna lie, it doesn’t last as long as other liquid matte lipsticks I’ve tried, but it does dry quickly and the color I chose is beautiful. It looks great so long as you aren’t eating something, otherwise it comes off pretty instantly. 8/10.
- La Creme Lip Cream (Ursula) - This comes in the form of a lipstick, but is so soft and easy to apply. Plus the color looks great. Again, not super long lasting if you plan on eating something but otherwise, dries at a decent rate and is very moisturizing. 9/10.
- Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - I’ve never really used bronzer before, so I was a little concerned, but it honestly looks great. The shade is light but definitely noticeable and works great for contouring my cheekbones. 10/10.
- Primed and Poreless Primer - A light and moisturizing product that definitely improves the look and ease of application for any other product you want to use on your face. It is slightly tinted but I don’t notice a huge difference when applied by itself. 10/10.
- Liquid Highlighter (Unicorn Tears) - I got this because I was told it was a knock off of the same product made by Cover FX, which my local ULTA did not carry. I wanted to try out a cheaper version in case I hated it so that I did not waste $40+. I’m not a huge fan of liquid makeup on my face, so it didn’t feel great when applying it, but after it dried, it looked great. It gave my face a wonderful shimmer and glow and the color I chose is absolutely stunning. 9/10.
Anastasia Beverly Hills:
- Sugar Glow Kit - I got this as a backup for the liquid highlighter and honestly, I’m glad I did. Each shade it comes with can be applied for different occasions and can be as minimal or drastic as you want. 10/10.
- Lip Gloss (Kristen) - This was a sample I received and although I’m not a huge lip gloss fan, I actually really like it. The color is gorgeous yet not too flashy and is great for every day use. It’s a bit sticky, but that’s to be expected with a gloss. 9/10.
- All Nighter Setting Spray - This product definitely increases the length of wear for all of the products I mentioned above. It keeps my face looking fresh for hours and there’s no harsh scent so that’s really nice. It has kept my makeup looking fresh through 12 hour work days, nights out on the town, and even naps. 10/10.
- Troublemaker Mascara - Another sample I received. I can definitely understand the hype around this product - no clumping, waterproof, and luscious lengthy lashes. 10/10.
- VICE Special Effects Lip Top Coat (Litter) - I’ve only had the chance to use this once. The color is outstanding, adds a wonderful glimmer to any lipstick you are wearing. The only thing I don’t like is that it comes in the form of a paintbrush type applicator instead of the classic “doe foot wand” which I would have preferred. I feel like the paintbrush makes it a little difficult to apply evenly. I think that in the future, I will opt to get “Luna” by Black Moon Cosmetics, for a similar effect. 7/10.