• Every time I go in a Target, I become invisible. People can’t hear me talking to them even when I’m standing right in front of them. Waving in their faces doesn’t seem to work.
• I once walked up to an entire group of red-vest-wearing employees and had all five of them walk away from me mid-question.
•They seem to migrate from the toy section to the food section like soulless jellyfish.
• They don’t know if Target sells dish soap.
• I don’t know if Target sells dish soap.
• Once, a person walked over, picked up a fuzzy throw-blanket out of my cart, and left with it while I stood there telling them that it was mine.
• The always weirdly crowded shoe section that’s mostly sandals.
• Last month I stopped in the mini Starbucks area of Target and stepped up to a surprisingly empty counter (for the middle of the day). No one appeared for the entire twenty minutes that I waited, but the lights went off and on a few times.
• I once saw a man entering Target with a screaming child over his shoulder. She had an ‘Out of Order’ sign in her hand, and kept repeating, ’I don’t want to go here.
• Their clothing sizes are darkest black magic.
• The changing rooms. (Before they vanished.)
• I lost four people in the middle of the furniture isle. I found them a half hour later in Hot Topic.
• I once stopped at a Target for a bathroom break during a long road-trip. When I entered the store, half the lights were off in the back section, and someone was yelling, “STOP IT, YOU GIANT BITCH!”
• There’s always a questionable swamp in the corner of the Target bathroom.
• When they switch all the moving/talking Halloween items over to the moving/talking Christmas items.
• I’ve seen eight different dogs wandering around by themselves.
• The local Target has birds flying around inside all the time.
• When I was a teenager there was this guy who drove around the Target parking lot blasting the chicken dance and dancing with his shoulders.
• I’ve seen a thousand mirrors break in Target during ‘move into your dorm room’ season. Doubt anybody buried a potato.
• They owe me $20
• I keep finding children in the clothing racks. (I don’t keep them.)
• You can never return anything, ever.
• If you eat their food you probably will never be able to return to the human world.
• Every picture I take in there comes out weird. Blurry, too bright, smudgy, wavy, too dark, weirdly green???
• That last checkout lane at the end with all the ‘as seen on Tv’ items and a million creepy jugs of green liquid for kids.
• I have 14 year-old socks from Target that look brand new. (My clothes typically develop holes the moment I look at them.)
• The animal heads.
• Pit of Death (aka: the far back corner where seasonal stuff goes to die.)
• I once kicked one of the giant red orbs outside and it moved.
• I watched a guy causally glide out of the loading doors and into the parking lot on a huge dolly.
• The ‘Is This Actually Only A Dollar Or Is It Five?’ section.
• I spent a half hour listening to a guy tell me why I needed an IPhone or I can’t be a part of human society. This was before the first iPhone was even for sale in the store.
• It’s bigger on the inside.
• I found this hideous lump of a fur hat for sale last winter, and wore it around the store my entire time there. Still invisible.
was amazing! Emotional and action packed with zinging dialogue.
What struck me
most was how full circle it was. “Missing” sets up the heroes versus
villains battle that will come to fruition in the finale, but it also kicks off
the basic question Oliver must ask: What makes a hero? What makes a villain?
Those concepts are not always rigid. In fact, the very essence of hero and
villain is fluid.
Oh… and did I mention there’s an
Olicity reunion scene?
Sorry this has been a LONG time coming. I’ve had a lot of life stuffhappen in the last month and it’s meant I haven’t really felt like writing. It also means that this chapter is possibly a bit too angst ridden. Sorry about that (not sorry)
Summary: After a random meeting on Tinder you begin a long distance relationship with Lin while he films Mary Poppins in London. It’s all fluff and sweetness and light until your ex lies and convinces Lin that you are back together, threatening your long distance relationship.
Word Count: 5,232
Warnings: Remember when this started out as fluff? Pro tip: don’t try writing fluff after going through a breakup IRL.
A/N: There’s a lot of discourse on rpf at the moment. This is a rpf and is tagged as such so if that’s not for you then don’t read, and I hope we can still be friends.
Remember the time you used to date Lin-Manuel Miranda? Yeah that was weird.
What a strange sentence to tumble round your brain. The strangest part was that it was in past tense. ‘Dated’. As in you used to date him but not anymore. As in, you fell in love with him far too quickly and your life ruining ex-girlfriend decided to stomp on both your hearts. As in he’s a million miles away across the sea and he’s no longer speaking to you and maybe you should let it go.
I’ve been standing at the edge of the water…
long as I can remember, never really knowing why…
You cringed and closed your eyes as the familiar sounds of the Moana soundtrack blasted out across the tannoy in Target. It was maybe the 6th time you’d heard that song that week while trying to go about your daily life. You abandoned your cart and marched towards the nearest exit. Not today, Satan, not today.
today’s outfit: blazer/jacket that used to belong to my friend marina, old jeans from clothing swap i patched up, green crop top i don’t remember getting, hippie hat, docs, GLASS SNAKE NECKLACE I BOUGHT TODAY ATREPTICON TAMPA, misc. other jewelry, kohl, “neutral” colored grown-up lady lipstick, floral socks from target, sleep deprivation, crippling depression
today’s song:“down I-5″ by case/lang/viers. good song for summer road trips where it’s raining or about to rain, contains william blake references and neko case’s singing voice, what more can you ask for? some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night– i’ve tasted both, they are the same
Okie! Here it is! Here’s my guide to making your own unofficial Mabel Birthday Cake ‘sweater’ from Dipper and Mabel vs The Future!
This will hopefully be a quick and easy project for you, especially if you are in dire need of a costume for Halloween! I made this similarly to the Meow Wow sweater I made for a costume a few years ago. It’s a speedy craft project especially if you have friends/guardians helping you out. If you’re a bit too young to be sewing/cutting/pinning things, ask an adult to help you out! My mum helped cut things out with me since I was pressed for time :3
Sweater: Pink or Coral in color, and turtle-neck style if possible! If you don’t have a sweater or can’t find one in stores or at a thrift store, you can also use a regular turtle-neck or other collared shirt (I’ve seen turtle-neck fleeces used too!).
Felt: Colors needed: brown/beige for the cake, pink for the frosting, and assorted other colors including but not limited to: blue, purple, yellow, and white. See the reference picture of Mabel– I had to cheat on colors a little bit but it still works! For extra fun, I bought bright pink glitter felt at the craft store. Felt in general is pretty inexpensive so this also helps keep your costs down!
The sweet pattern I just gave you :D Print the two pages out on 8.5″x11″ or larger paper if you can!
acrylic paint OR a sharpie marker (paint is recommended) so you can detail the candle.
How I did it: First off, I drew a pattern on paper and cut it out. You can copy my pattern or just print it out. Once printed, cut it out and arrange on the sweater. This helps you test it out for size/placement. NOTE: I found once I had put the blank sweater on and held up the pattern, I was originally putting it way too high up for my chest. The candle flame was covered by the collar, so I moved it down.
Once you are happy with placement, pin the pattern pieces to your felt and carefully cut each part out. For the icing in the middle of the cake, I just used a scrap, but I left it illustrated on there to show you about where it should go.
Arrange the felt cake and once you are happy with how it looks, you can sew the big frosting and the thin strip of frosting to the cake part. I found this was easiest with a machine if you have that, but you can hand-sew it too. Make sure the parts are sewed together well since they will be sewn onto the sweater/shirt as one piece.
I took some acrylic paint and detailed the wax blob on the candle. This was my choice because it was a personal preference. I drew the lines to show you how I detailed it.
Once I sewed the cake parts together, I pinned it carefully onto the sweater and took a look at it to make sure I was happy. Once you’re ready, sew that cake down! Make sure the edges are on there good! I found just brushing against my sleeves while wearing the Meow Wow sweater, the edges can lift easily and get a little wonky. You MIGHT be able to sew the main cake part by machine– but that’s up to how your machine works with knits if you are using a real sweater. I did mine by hand.
After that, take a bunch of ‘confetti’ you have cut out of the blue, purple, pink, and yellow felt, and pin them down, sewing as you go. I found it was helpful to do it one at a time because my hands have not been steady lately and I had to maneuver the sleeves around to sew the confetti down. More than one pinned at a time started to cause me to poke myself with pins LOL. Also be careful not to sew both sides of the sleeves or torso together (front/back). I did this and was super mad at myself for not paying attention, lol.
You can refer to the reference image for confetti placement or go wild with it. UP TO YOU SINCE THIS IS YOUR RAD SWEATER, you mighty Mabel, you!
Once you have the confetti sewn to your liking, you can add details like a wick for the candle. I used felt, but paint or sewing with embroidery floss will also work!
After you are done, triple check to make sure you removed all pins, and put your amazing creation on! TOTALLY CHECK IT OUT. YOU JUST MADE A RAD MABEL COSTUME FOR YOURSELF!
Other things you might want to add to your costume:
Glitter headband: I painted mine yellow and glued fine yellow glitter to it. Any Mabel-approved color will also work. Mabel is MABEL.
Skirt: I made a yellow one to use, but I could also have used my old teal one from the other costume. Up to you! Screen accurate or not, it’s your choice. Any skirt will do.
Knee-socks/black shoes: I got my socks at Target. I wear them over nylons for warmth and less sock-slippage. You can also pair these with cute ankle socks, anything really. Mabel is all about cuteness.
Braces: I made mine from a tutorial posted by some kids on youtube. My braces hurt like hell. If you can find costume braces go for those. I’m pretty sure I screwed up my teeth by jamming a bobby pin in there. Owwww.
Makeup: Pink cheeks for Mabel!
Earrings: I tried my old star earrings, but they snagged on the sweater collar, so I opted for basic round plastic ones. Your choice if you want earrings or not.
Accessory: A toy pig to be waddles if you wish, or if you have one of those cool Plasma ball things– that’s rad too! I carried around a small bag of Doritos and drew Bill Cipher on one of the chips on the front of the bag.
I hope this helps! Again, if you’re a younger fan, you should ask for help with things like pinning and sewing. Safety first! Did you make a super rad Mabel Sweater? Do tell me! I’d love to see what you made! If I missed anything, feel free to ask me a question and I’ll try to answer it as best as I can here on tumblr :D I will try to post answers to any questions with the tag “MabelCakeSweater” here. Thank you for being so awesome!!