boyfriend!Tom + anxeity
****trigger warning for for anxiety/anxious feelings
- he can tell when it starts. you’ve got that look in your eye. maybe its an extra uncomfortable jitter in your step or the uncontrollable bouncing of your knee.
- he stays nearby like a net, waiting to catch you when you finally jumped out.
- if you need to babble it all out until you can’t speak between hiccups of sobs or pace up and down the expanse of your living room or for him to hold you stead, he’d do whatever
- makes a clear effort to be comforting but not pressuring. “i’m here, darlin’. Can’t say anything that will change that, yeah? I’m right here.” he hums into your ear for pressing a kiss to your hair
- or “i noticed you’ve been acting different, love. you been feeling a bit off? would ya like to talk about it? we can have a nice long chat, i can brew us a cup a’ tea. Be nice, yeah?” he murmurs, hugging you close to his chest
- the morning after you talk or have an anxiety attack, he turns off your alarm, letting you sleep in a bit later than normal.
- (he can always get an excuse for your tardiness, charming the pants off any employer or professor he come in contact with)
- he fixes you a big breakfast of nice, healthy things to set your day right.
- he goes with you on long walks, letting your hold tessa’s leash (it’s normally his job) or just cling onto him when your away from the grey lion.
- “have you every talked to anyone about this? like a therapist or a doctor?” he asks, without judgement or expectation. he only asks to offer an option of support. he doesn’t press or pretend to know you better than you know yourself. but tom lets you know he cares about you and your mental health and only wants that best for you
- on his notes app in his phone, he has a list of the funniest episodes of your favorite TV shows.
- he’s cheerful and positive. not overbearingly so. more so that he’s excited to see you. happy to let you crawl up next to him and bury your face in his neck. that he can be a little sunshine on your cloudy day.
- he has a whole folder of bookmarks for breathing exercises, calming messages and other tools to help
- he lays with you until you fall asleep, hums softly by you or tells a story and his voice, sleepy voice comforts you