I’m obsessed with how smooth this ombre looks! I originally had all these crazy plans of stuff I was going to do on top of this ombre but then it came out SO GOOD that I just kept these nails really, really simple. I am attributing it all to the new sponges that I got from Ulta.
After cleaning, filing, and shaping the nails and applying a base coat:
1. apply one thin coat of a light blue polish
2. apply liquid latex or tape all around your nails
3. apply stripes of light, medium, and deep blue polish to a makeup sponge (make sure that the stripes are touching or even overlapping). Sponge that in a dabbing motion onto the nail. Repeat this as many times as you need to in order to get the opacity you are looking for.
4. immediately after reaching your desired opacity, remove the liquid latex or tape
5. apply one to two coats of a holographic glitter polish
6. Finish up with your favorite top coat, and then remember to show me your versions or ask questions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Cynosure and Serendipity, or Nails by Naomi and make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for two new videos a week!