talk to me about pkmn slang/cusses/linguistics. my favorite is "mukshit"
I waited to answer this one until I got some good ones!
- “A rollout” is something/someone that just keeps getting better (”That show is a rollout!”)
- “For Arceus’ sake” “Arceus damned” “Oh my Arceus” etc.
“Oh my Arse” Is the equivalent of “Oh my gosh”, but ironically sounds worse to our ears
- “Poke”: slang for pokemon, (which even we use.)
- “B button”: Term for stopping a pokemon that won’t evolve. The origins of this phrase are debated on.
“My Snover just really doesn’t want to evolve, went all B Button on me.”
- “Holy Karp”
- “Pulling tales”: Kantonian phrase, means you’re pushing the wrong buttons and are going to end up hurt, like pulling a ninetales’ tail and getting cursed.
To “Ditto” someone (Self explanatory.)
- “Taurshit” -S
- “Tankshit” -S
- “Pommer”: a thief, named after mischievous aipoms. Related: To Pom something.
- “Tiller”: A rather raunchy word to call someone. To get an idea of what it means, it has to do with Octillery’s pokedex entry: “Its instinct is to bury itself in holes. It often steals the nesting holes of others to sleep in them.”
- “Ralted”: When someone is suffering from overwhelming empathy or concern
- “Hone”: What Hoenn sounds like in some accents. An endearing name for the region.
- “To Gible” is to eat a lot of food.
- “Comboy”: Referring to a male combee. Essentially means “a useless boy”. The Sinnoh equivalent of “fuckboy”
- “Basculin”: Someone who is overly aggressive.
- “Garbo”: A rude word, coming from Garbodor. Worse than calling someone trash is calling them a heaping dumpster monster.
- “Batty”: Varies a bit from our definition. If someone is “batty”, it means they’re a very lovey-dovey and excessively affectionate person. Someone who gives petnames might be called batty.
- “Klefto”: Someone who never lets go of an object they found. Named after Klefki.
- Someone who’s a “Mimikyuu” pretends to like things or be something just to be popular.
- “Yun”: someone who’s invasive, and aggressively so. From Yungoose.