A little girl watching the view of light armoured vehicles, and two SWAT members peacefully roaming on the street as they hunt for the second surviving perpetrator of the Boston Marathon bombing alias Dzhokhar “Jahar” Tsarnaev. Vehicles of war aren’t normally seen wandering on the streets of the US until the manhunt of the marathon bomber came.
Above is a photo of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev being treated for the injuries he sustained after he was apprehended by police.
He sustained multiple gun shot wounds, the most severe of which had appeared to have entered through the (left) inside of his mouth and exited the left side on the lower portion of his face. This was a high powered injury that has resulted in skull base fracture with injuries to the middle ear, the skull base, the lateral portion of his C1 vertebrae, with a significant soft tissue injury, as well as injury to the pharynx, the mouth, and a small vascular injury that was treated.
He has, in addition to this, had some ophthalmologic injuries that have been treated.
He had multiple gun shot wounds to the extremities that were treated with dressings to the lower extremities, and in the case of his left hand, he had multiple bony injuries as well that were treated with fixation and soft tissue coverage, as well as tendon repair and vascular ligation.
As stated by Dr. Stephen Odom on the first court appearance on April 22, 2013.
Tsarnaev, bloody and disheveled with the red dot of a rifle laser sight on his forehead, raises his hand from inside a boat at the time of his capture by law enforcement authorities in Watertown, Massachusetts in 2013.
The Russian government warned U.S. authorities that Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a violent radical Islamist more than a year and a half before the April 2013 bombing, but authorities missed multiple chances to detain Tsarnaev when he was traveling to and from Dagestan for terror training, according to a soon-to-be released Congressional report.
The first of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s three college classmates convicted of helping him cover his tracks and buy time to evade capture will be released from prison Thursday.
Azamat Tazhayakov, 22, now at the Ashland Federal Correctional Institution in Kentucky, has been behind bars since shortly after the April 2013 bombings.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials likely will take Tazhayakov into custody while deportation proceedings are pending against the Kazakhstan national. His student visa was invalid at the time of his 2013 arrest.
Though convicted in 2014 of conspiracy and obstruction of justice, Tazhayakov was not sentenced until last summer, after a federal jury condemned Tsarnaev, 22, to death by lethal injection for the April 15, 2013, terrorist attack in Copley Square that killed three race spectators and led to the murder three days later of MIT police officer Sean Collier and the Watertown shootout that killed his accomplice, brother Tamerlan.
Tsarnaev, housed at the ultra-secure Supermax prison in Florence, Colo., is appealing for a new trial.
His former University of Massachusetts classmates Robel Phillips and Dias Kadyrbayev, both 22, remain housed at low-security federal prisons in Loretto, Pa., and Big Spring, Texas, respectively. They are not due to get out until 2018.
At Tsarnaev’s urging, Tazhayakov, Kadyrbayev and Phillipos went to his dorm room the evening of April 18, 2013, after his and Tamerlan’s images were released by the FBI as the bombing suspects, but still hours before the Tsarnaevs would kill Collier in cold blood in his MIT cruiser in a failed bid to steal his sidearm. None of the friends breathed a word about Tsarnaev to authorities.
Tazhayakov was found guilty of helping remove a backpack containing fireworks, a jar of Vaseline and a computer thumb drive belonging to Tsarnaev that were later unearthed from a landfill in New Bedford.
Prosecutors said Tsarnaev had once told Tazhayakov over dinner he knew how to build a bomb and that “it was good to die a martyr as you would die with a smile on your face and go straight to heaven.”
Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev planted bombs at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013. The bombings killed three people and reportedly injured as many as 264 others. Tamerlan died on April 19, 2013 from gunshot wounds and blunt force trauma.
A boxing photo of young Tamerlan, his body in the morgue and his death certificate.
He was 19 and it seemed like he had a good life. Not only did he ruin other peoples lives and change other peoples lives, he ruined his own life. … I’m not angry at them. I don’t know, I’m just a weird person like that, I’m kind of sensitive and I feel bad for people that hurt other people ’cause it’s just awful. I feel bad for them. They don’t have that feeling of kind of love. You know I wanted to ask him, like you know, what was the reason? What was the reason? Were you forced to do this? I just want to know why and then how he feels about it.
Aerial photos (**displayed above**) of the scene where both the Boston Marathon bombing perpetrators and brothers, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar “Jahar” Tsarnaev, fatally shot police officer Sean Collier at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus. Collier immediately died at the scene due to the massive and critical injuries he had sustained. He was shot in one side of his head and once right between his eyes. Whether Tamerlan or Dzhokhar murdered Collier, still remains a mystery to this day.
**This thing seems to be growing longer & longer as the months pass. I came across it while organizing files on my computer & thought I’d post what (I think) is the most up to date version as I know people refer to certain aspects of it regularly.**
• It is a FACT that the exploded backpacks were black – from CCTV footage, Jahar’s was white/gray in color. It is a FACT that the backpack pictured at Jahar’s feet outside of the Forum restaurant (the backpack said to have contained a bomb) does not match the backpack that Jahar arrived with. It is also a FACT that the backpack at his feet doesn’t match pictures of the exploded backpack. Some have pointed out that the bag pictured on the ground instead closely resembles the camera bag of victim Lu Lingzi.
• It is a FACT that authorities reported that there were 5 bombs there that day. Wall Street Journal, CBS, KTLA, CNN, Fox, ABC, The Boston Globe & the Boston PD took to Twitter to warn & advise that numerous additional devices had been found around Boston & that the bomb squad was “dismantling” & conducting controlled explosions of these devices. (http://tmblr.co/Z5atOso8JHVC)
• It is a FACT that the pressure cooker contained female DNA. Neither Jahar’s OR Tamerlan’s DNA was found on any fragments of the bombs (the female DNA also was NOT a match to Tamerlan’s widow)
• It is a FACT that the US public was originally told that Saudi national Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi was a “person of interest” in the case. The FBI searched his apartment, claimed to have found nothing yet scheduled him to be deported under section 212 3B -“Security and related grounds - Terrorist activities”. Shortly thereafter he was deported but his file was then altered to remove the 212 3-B “terrorist activities” charge. Despite the fact that he was in the US on a student visa for a college in Ohio, he lived in Revere, MA. Why aren’t we being told of the numerous familial links that Ali Alharbi has to known members of al-Qaeda? Why did U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry have a private meeting with a Saudi foreign minister shortly after Ali Alharbi was identified as a potential suspect (the meeting was abruptly closed to all press coverage)?
• It is a FACT that the Fire Chief, head of the Boston FBI & Boston Police Commissioner all resigned shortly after the bombing.
• It is a FACT that Jahar’s empty firework tubes contained RED powder while the pressure cookers contained BLACK powder.
• It is a FACT that there was simply not enough gunpowder from any fireworks that could have caused the blasts at the marathon, according to expert Julie L. Heckman of the American Pyrotechnics Association: “We believe it is virtually impossible to create the level of destruction and devastation caused in Boston with legitimate consumer fireworks”
• It is a FACT that despite authorities claiming that officer Colliers shotgun had not been stolen from his vehicle, police scanner audio recordings from that night clearly state that when other units arrived, the shotgun was missing from the vehicle. After canvassing the area, the shotgun was recovered within a few blocks of the shooting. The retrieval of this weapon was said to have been the motive for the shooting of Officer Collier so why then ditch the shotgun nearby?
• It is a FACT that the night of the carjacking, both “Danny’s” (alias used by carjacking victim) & the FBI’s criminal complaint report do not match. They contain completely different versions of how events transpired (the length of said kidnapping ranges from 30-90 minutes & the manner in which Danny escaped or was let go has been hotly debated. Even his race is in debate with the media identifying him as a Chinese national while the gas station attendant that he contacted for help described him as a 20-25 year old Caucasian)
• It is a FACT that police scanner audio recordings clearly state that the carjacking took place at a gas station in Cambridge – this contradicts both Danny’s & the FBI’s versions of events which stated that the carjacking took place on an abandoned city street. The police scanner’s also state that the carjacking victim is the “nephew of an off duty police officer” – a fact that the press never reported.
• It is a fact that the night Tamerlan was killed, Boston PD were heard over the police scanner naming 1 of the suspects as Sunil Tripathi at least 10 times. Curiously the body of Sunil was later found floating in the waters of Providence, RI. To date, no time or manner of death has ever been released. How & when did he die & why was he named as a suspect in the first place?
• It is a FACT that Jahar (while unarmed) was shot at least 11 times as well as being hit by 4 flash bang grenades. Jahar sustained bullet wounds to both legs, his left arm & hand, a severe laceration from just behind his ear down to his collar bone. He suffered facial injuries to his cheek & jaw that required a portion of his jaw to be wired together & causes his eye to sag slightly. He has extensive damage to his neck & throat. He is also entirely deaf in his left ear. ALL of these injuries were sustained by the over 300 rounds fired into the boat where he was hiding, in addition to the 4 incendiary devices thrown into the boat. These devices could have caused not only death to the suspect but massive damage to the surrounding neighborhood as the boat’s tank contained 40 gallons of fuel.
• It is a FACT that Jahar Tsarnaev, a US citizen, was interrogated, while in critical condition & heavily medicated, for 16+ hours without having his Miranda rights read to him & without a lawyer present, despite his repeated requests for one to be provided to him.
• It is a FACT that FEMA & the DHS had planned to conduct a bombing drill/training exercise (eerily similar in detail to the events that actually unfolded) in the weeks after the Marathon Bombing. It is also a FACT that the detailed plans for the “exercise” were revealed by the Boston Globe newspaper in early June 2013 with officials stating that the exercise had been cancelled due to the fact that they had already gone through “the real thing”.
• It is a FACT that on July 11th, 2013, a Boston Police officer was arrested after authorities found a stash of military grade explosives, grenades, blasting caps, bomb making tools (wiring & detonation tools) & other military-issue weaponry at his home. He was temporarily suspended from the police department with pay.
When the suspect tried to lift the boat cover, apparently using a fishing gaff he found in the boat which,from outside the boat, resembled a rifle, a tactical team member who had been stationed on a rooftop overlooking the boat fired upon him. This resulted in the outbreak of a substantial volume of contagious fire from other police officers on the scene. In tapes of this incident, the voice of the incident commander shouting orders to cease fire is prominent,
but the firing went on for over 10 seconds, and involved what appears to have been hundreds of rounds fired.There is at the time of this writing no indication that the suspect in the boat had a weapon or fired upon police.