1. a lot of people who make/reblog posts like “reblogs>>>likes you guys!!11” are the same people who dont reblog art and like it, and a lot of them aren’t even artists and are just fishing for notes by sympathizing.
2. i dont?? understand the cons in reblogging over liking. if you just like it, you’re just telling an artist that you saw it but didn’t want to show it off + it gets lost and cluttered with everything else, but if you reblog it, you can tag it and find it later, give the artist recognition and support, as well as giving a nice little compliment in the tags if you’re up for it. there’s no con.
tl;dr: just support artists. PLEASE. it doesn’t kill you to just give them the boost and support they need. and before you say, “oh notes shouldn’t have to matter!! it’s your own worth :)))” please. shut up. reblogs give artists the recognition they need, and a lot of artists depend on the attention their art gets for money to survive on. please support your artists.
Supergirl fans who hate seeing what’s happened to the show, hear me out!
I want all of you to go to Twitter and TELL the writers you’re sick of Mon-El and lack of FEMINISM and women power on this show! That you’re TIRED of Kara NOT being the main character that drives the plot. I’ve spoken to the writers of this show privately and some HATE MON-EL!!! But after hours of talking to my fellow writer friends and artists of this show they always say, it’s all about the demographic!! So if you want more Sanvers or more Lena… and less of the males over powering this show, then GO TO TWITTER AND TELL THE WRITERS OF SUPERGIRL THAT YOU’RE SICK OF IT!! Make an account if you have to. Vote on their website and on their polls! Please… the writers have told me they go by demographics and if we really don’t want it… then they will stop giving it. But we MUST let them know this!! Make your voices heard. Tell them you want the show to focus on Kara!! Tell them how you feel about the relationship they are forcing her into. Kara deserves better. Kara deserves to be the focus in this story. WE DESERVE A WOMAN POWERED SHOW THAT CATERS TO US AND INSPIRES WOMEN TO BE INDEPENDENT, STRONG CAREER DRIVEN HEROES!! Let them know!!
<b>Lance:</b> hi Keith your mullet is gross but you're good looking~<p/><b>Keith:</b> what in tarnation<p/><b>Lance:</b> ...<p/><b>Shiro:</b> don't worry I speak my lil bro's weird Texan he meant to say "what the hell"<p/><b>Lance:</b> that makes a lot more sense now...<p/></p>
i hate than an industry practically built by gay people does not have a lot of room for people who READ gay in leading roles you know like sure they can be chorus boys but the only other times gay people who READ gay can be in shows is when it’s a ~~gay show~~ but otherwise you have an industry full of gay people desperately trying to READ straight and i hate that
Summary: Peter saves you when Flash begins to get a little bit too handsy
–> “No, like…. It’s just, I can’t believe you’re actually wearing my clothes.” And “You can’t leave without letting me hug you first.” combined into one with Peter Parker please? Btw I love your writing!
A/N: fucking pissed cause tumblr deleted all of this and so now I’m writing it again
To say that Peter Parker had a crush on you was a complete understatement. The boy was head over heels in love with you. He thought he had it bad with Liz, but with you it was a whole other level. In fact, his infatuation with you was the sole reason he dragged Ned to this party with him.
Peter had over heard some fellow classmates talking in the hallway about how Flash was planning on asking you out tonight. And Peter simply couldn’t just stand by and let that happen.
His soft brown eyes scanned over the crowds of people hoping to find the one angel that stood out above all of them, but to his dismay all he saw were strangers.
Apparently Flash has many friends from other schools cause Peter only knew a handful of the kids that he could see.
“Do you see her anywhere, Ned?”
“No. Maybe we should split up. Cover more ground, you know?”
“Yeah, good idea.”
Ned headed off in one direction, and Peter in the other. Peter wondered off through the different crowds of people searching for the girl of his dreams.
He said a few hellos to some people he knew from the robotics club, the school band and the academic decathlon team.
He was just about to give up on finding you when he suddenly heard the beautiful sound of your laugh.
Peter jerked his head around and saw you leaning against a wall surrounded by a group of your friends, one of them which was obviously telling a funny story.
Peter admired the way your soft curls perfectly framed your face and how the crop top and high waisted jeans you were wearing hugged your body in all the best ways.
Peter felt his heart begin to beat rapidly when his eyes connected with yours from across the room. You gave him a soft smile and a small wave and Peter is still not quite sure how his brain got the message to the rest of his body to return the gesture.
But the beautiful moment was quickly cut short by Flash pushing through the wall of your friends and placing an arm above your head.
Peter didn’t have to be near to know what Flash was saying when he saw his mouth begin to move. He knew he was asking you out.
Peter heard his heart pounding in his ears as he watched the horrific scene unfold before him. It wasn’t until he saw you flip Flash off that he was able to breathe again.
But soon the relief disappeared once again as he watch Flash grab your wrist and pull you into his chest. Peter realized all your friends had scattered once Flash walked up and there was no one to come to your rescue.
Now, Peter knew you were a tough girl that could fend for herself, but he also knew how relentless Flash could be. And the thought of anything happening to you was enough to send him across the room in a matter of seconds until he was standing between you and Flash.
Peter felt your fingers grip the back of his shirt and it was the fear in them that caused the sanity in his brain to blur. Peter no longer cared if he used his Spidey strength to harm the ass hole that threatened the girl he loved.
Peter sent Flash flying across the room into a glass door that lead into his backyard.
Peter felt the eyes of everyone at the party on him. He knew everyone was wondering how the scrawny kid from gym class that could barely do a pull up managed to send a man flying across the room.
Peter was about to panic when he heard your soft voice pull him back to reality.
“Peter? Can we please get out of here?”
There was no hesitation. Peter had grabbed your hand and was leading you out of the house.
Once you two had safely exited, Peter began to lead you down the street.
“Where are we headed?”
“I-I can’t go home. Not like this.”
It was then that Peter saw the tears in your eyes which only angered him more. He pulled you into his side and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.
“We can go back to my apartment. It isn’t far, and May won’t mind if you stay over.”
Peter felt the girl nod and began to lead her in the direction of his home.
The two fell into a comfortable silence until you finally spoke up.
“Please don’t think I’m a baby for crying… I’m used to guys hitting on me and I’ve gotten quite good at shutting them down. I’m just not used to them beginning to get physical with me and it freighted me. Thank you, Peter, for saving me.”
The fear in the your voice when you spoke of Flash’s actions was almost enough to send Peter back into the house to end the bully for good.
“I’ll always protect you, Y/N. No matter what.”
Peter was too focused on getting the two home safely to notice the smile that crossed your face, but he did notice the way your small fingers gripped his shirt tighter.
After a short while of walking, you and Peter had finally reached his apartment.
Peter lead you quietly into his room, careful not to wake his aunt up.
Although he knew May wouldn’t mind the girl staying over, he also knew she would never stop teasing him about having a girl sleep in his room. Especially one as pretty as you.
Peter opened up one of his drawers and pulled out some clothes for you to change into.
“Here you go. I’ll sleep on the couch and you can take the be-”
“No! I um… sorry. Can you, um, sleep in here? With me?”
Peter didn’t think he’d ever hear such beautiful words leave someone’s mouth.
Peter nodded his head and turned around to give you privacy to change. He stared at his poster of the periodic table until he heard you clear your voice, signaling to him that he could turn around.
Peter felt his cheeks grow red as he looked over your attire.
His t-shirt hung loosely off your body and his sweatpants were bunched up at the bottom due to him being a few inches taller than you. You looked completely adorable.
You shifter your eyes to the floor under his intense gaze.
“Do I look bad or something?”
“No, like…. It’s just, I can’t believe you’re actually wearing my clothes.“
A smile grew across your face as Peter crossed the room and took your hand in his to lead you to his small twin sized bed.
Peter laid down on his back and pulled you to lay on top of him. You laid your head on his chest and Peter began to run his fingers through your hair.
The soothing gesture and the sound of his heart beat was enough to send you to sleep in a matter of minutes.
—The Next Morning—
You were pulled from your dreaming state as the sunlight crept in through Peter’s window.
You lifted your head up and couldn’t help but smile at how adorable Peter looked as he slept.
His brown curls were scattered in different directions. His soft pink lips were slightly parted and a soft blush was spread across his cheeks.
You reached your hand up to push a loose curl out of his face and Peter’s eyes began to flutter open at the soft touch.
A smile spread across his face as he leaned into your touch.
"Good morning, sleepy head.” You whispered.
“Good morning, beautiful.” Peter replied in his husky morning voice.
His eyes widened as he realized what he said but the soft giggle that escaped your lips calmed him in a matter of seconds.
“I should go. My parents are probably worried sick.”
Peter frowned at the loss of warmth as your body left his.
He watched as you picked up your clothes from the floor. You turned and gave him one last smile before your hand reach out to grab the door handle but his voice stopped you from opening it.
“You can’t leave without letting me hug you first.”
You bit your lip and turned around to see Peter already standing behind you smirking.
“I can do you one better.”
Confusion crossed his face as you gripped the front of his shirt and pulled his lips into yours.
The kiss lasted a few short seconds but they were the best seconds of his life.
Peter watched you walk out of his apartment with a goofy, lovestruck grin on his face.
An app where you put in your date and time of birth and it connects you to seven other people who’s info is in a database and that is your cluster and it just works as a group chat where you talk with your fellow sensates.
If you haven’t watched Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle yet, drop everything and go see it–like, now. I’m serious, that’s what I call some A+ television. I think I haven’t loved anything so much ever since Avatar (and that is a few years ago now).
Also, though making parallels feels like a big reach–I might say it does have some things with characters and their choices and their relationships and dynamics… things that might just slightly remind you of some of our beloved Avatar characters
now and then. In a complete different context, of course, but, you know. KINDA. I guess it’s just the fact that it’s really well witten and for me Avatar is the epitome of good writing, I don’t know. It’s just really, really good. really well done and amazingly developed so far.
Just some random thoughts but I had to pour all these emotions somewhere and I hope you guys can give this show a try because it’ really worth it
I’ve never been a fan of the this character doesn’t exist unless the Player Hand of God bestows life on them type of gameplay.
Which is why I loved that Origins didn’t do that. All the origin stories are still canon no matter which one you choose.
Didn’t play as a City Elf or a Human Noble? Doesn’t matter, those events still happened and the guards at Howe’s estate will still talk about “the elves to broke in here” and some of the guards will still allude to the “take over” at Highever. And you will still see the battered body of Ser Gilmore in Fort Drakon.
Didn’t play as a Mage? Doesn’t matter. The event with Jowan still happened. He still managed to escape and get caught up in Loghain’s plot. And the Warden will encounter him no matter their Origin.
Didn’t play as a Dwarf Noble? Doesn’t matter. What happened to Aeducan will be eluded to (though the character gets defaulted to male for some reason). And you will still find Gorim in Denerim selling DWARVEN CRAFTS! FINE DWARVEN CRAFTS! DIRECT FROM ORZAMMAR!
Didn’t play as a Dwarf Commoner? You will still encounter Leske imprisoned in the cell in the Carta Hideout. Along with a dead body. That Leske talks about as his friend who didn’t make it.
Didn’t play as a Dalish elf? Well, during Witch Hunt, Ariane will talk about encountering a fellow clan where two hunters found a mirror - one got sick and died, while the other vanished. Not to mention that Hawke will meet up with the Warden’s clan in Dragon Age 2.
The details might change, but the overall story is still there. Tabris will break in or be taken into the Arl’s estate. The attack on Highever still happens. Mahariel still got sick from the eluvian. Surana and/or Amell still helped Jowan trying to escape. Aeducan will still get exiled to the Deep Roads. Brosca will be taken by the Carta. All of those things are canon.
So that’s what I’m headcanoning for DA:I. The other characters were still at the Conclave. All you did as the player was pick who survived, like in Origins. Cadash and Lavellan still went there to spy. Adaar still went there with their mercenary group to acts as enforcers/guards. Trevelyan still went there either as a Templar recruit or a mage from the Circle.
Their stories are valid. They still existed. And they could potentially have been the Inquisitor if fate (or the player) had willed it.
Hello I’ve been thinking about Harry saying how there are lots of dishy fellows in Dunkirk and it reminded me of that show loose women and anyways now I’m imagining Harry hosting a daytime talk show called Dishy Fellows where he invites fellows he thinks are cute to come on as guests and he tries to interview them but mostly he just tries to flirt with them by telling silly jokes. That’s all.
On August 10, 2013, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik from the band One Direction paid a visit to Los Angeles’ Shamrock Social Club tattoo parlor. The pair got two sets of matching tattoos that morning, one set being of a tic-tac-toe boards. More famously recognized is the other set of matching tattoos, the words “Bus 1.”
Pictured: Zayn and Louis, bros for life with their matching tattoos.
The two were very fond of their matching tattoos, showing them off in interviews and being all cute.
Look at their lil arms.
While this whole matching tattoo thing is adorable as hell, what if the meaning behind these tattoos isn’t? Let’s take a deeper look, shall we?
When asked what the meaning of “Bus 1″ is, the pair said it was the bus where the two of them spent a lot of their time while on tour. Rather than stay in the hotels with the other boys, Zayn and Louis opted to stay in the tour bus most of the time. Hm…
Bus 1′s interior. Quite swanky, eh?
Now the real question is: What exactly happens on Bus 1? Why are the two so keen on spending so much time in there? Or… is it a cover up for something even bigger?
Well, if you say “Bus 1″ really fast, it sounds like “bust one.” That’s right guys… Zayn and Louis are undercover cops and are busting the crooks left and right.
Which one plays the good cop and which one plays the bad cop?
Bus 1 not only was a hint towards their side job, but it also was where Zayn and Louis could discuss tactics with each other without the other boys around. The information they handled was classified and for the eyes and ears of official police officers only.
2/5 are actual cops. The other 3 are just goons.
Being an undercover police officer isn’t as easy as it seems. It takes a lot of covering up, which is evident since we didn’t even discover their secret lifestyle until now. However, you need to be mysterious and have a love for danger, which are qualities emulated by the two boys.
Hints about their profession revealed in the “Steal My Girl” music video, directed by Danny Devito.
While the boys have been sneaky covering up their true profession, there have been quite a few slip ups. And no, we are not talking about Harry slipping on stage, we are talking about Zayn and Louis screwing up and giving us the hints that helped piece this all together.
1. Zayn seen riding in police car. The driver is not visible, but we do not need evidence to know that Louis is definitely driving that vehicle.
Zayn with a rolled down window, exposing himself to the elements and exposing his secret.
2. Louis seen talking with a fellow police officer. He’s wearing a trench coat, which is basically a red alert for anyone trying to hide a secret.
Why are trench coats always so mysterious? What’s under that jacket, Louis?
3. Louis likes handcuffs. He must’ve dropped a pair of them on stage, so fellow bandmate, Harry Styles, lends a helping hand to give them back. Were we supposed to see this? Oops!
We promise it’s not as kinky as it looks… or is it?
4. Self-explanatory. These girls are locked up, thanks to the Bus 1 Team.
They probably tried to touch Harry’s curls, leading them to a life sentence in prison.
5. Louis was spotted driving a police boat in London, taking One Direction on a police guided tour through the waters.
Only police officers know how to drive boats, so Niall was shocked to find out that Louis had this skill.
6. In the Zouis weed video, we hear Louis referring to the “popo.” This was quite the slip up, considering Louis is an undercover cop. He must’ve been so high that he forgot about his secret.
Joint lit, happy days.
7. Zayn has many tattoos besides “Bus 1.” One of them is of a checkered flag.
Zayn Malik, man of many tattoos.
Where have we seen this mysterious pattern before? That’s right, on the hats of British police officers.
Zayn accepting a police award in his checkered hat, matching his flag tattoo perfectly.
Zayn and Louis were pulling a 21 Jump Street scenario on us this entire time. If anyone was to accomplish it, not surprised it would be these two. The dynamic duo works best together.
Even in his dreams, Louis turns to Zayn for backup.
We are entirely unsure as to what their mission was, but we suspect it had something to do with the shady blond one. We tried reaching out to Louis and Zayn’s reps, but they were too preoccupied in a twitter fight with each other. Even with all of this evidence, the Bus 1 conspiracy remains
[Drawing of a stick-figure girl with her hands on her hips and a nervous smile on her face. Above her are the words, “POTS Problem #37: Post-Event Exhaustion!” The girl says, “Well, I did the thing! Now to go home and sleep for a week!”]
I did a little public speaking and a lot of walking on Friday–then sort of fell asleep on my best friend in the car on the way home the next day, not to mention the power nap after we got home and the general feeling of “wow I can’t move.” Recovery days are real.
okay I’m sure other people have excerpted this part before
it’s kinda long but I feel like if anything we Denizens of the Deep have a right to see this portion: also I’m hoping this will push a few more people to pick the book up, because hey, it’s really pretty kind to us!
I just got done watching Beauty and the Beast, the new remake, with @icarus-will-rise and… wow… I think there were times I cut off the circulation in his hand I loved it so much
Let’s start at the beginning, shall we?
As usual, spoilers. This will be tagged as such tho.
• THE. CHOREOGRAPHY. AT. THE. BEGINNING. As a dancer, this was what made me instantly love the movie, like IT’S HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AND BEAUTIFUL AND??? WHY??? I LOVE IT SO MUCH
• C O S T U M I N G. I especially loved at the end that some of the servants still had face paint on their faces, like “oh yeah, that’s still there, it’s not like they’ve magically had their human faces cleaned while they’re not human or anything”
• speaking of the end, “Turn back into a clock. TURN BACK INTO A CLOCK.”
• and when the piano turned back he had no teeth? I approve
• also speaking of the end, HOT DAMN, Dan Stevens’ growl when Emma Watson asks him to grow a beard… like… damn… even @icarus-will-rise agrees that was hawt
• THE TRANSITIONS FROM THE HUMANIZED OBJECTS INTO NORMAL OBJECTS MADE ME CRY. Cogsworth not being able to talk, Mrs. Potts’ face disappearing, Chip’s dish shattering (I GOT SO SCARED), Lumiere and Plumette, the dog with his legs up, just, AH
• Okay, unpopular opinion here, I didn’t love the songs all THAT much. The originals are better. Emma and Dan definitely did a great job recreating the songs and all, but I think we can all agree the original “Beauty and the Beast” by Angela Lansbury smashes the new one to pieces, right?
• However, on that note, the new songs were pretty good and fit right into the soundtrack in everything from background music to lyrics. Evermore was good, but the one in the movie was def better than the credits one, I mean, come ON, guys.
• Okay, back to the movie–
• L E F O U.
• Props to the casting director for ALL of his/her choices (Emma Watson could not have made a better Belle if she spent DECADES preparing for this role), but OH MY GOD JOSH GAD AS LEFOU.
• I don’t know WHO saw Olaf in Frozen and went, “This snowman would make a great gay sidekick for Gaston”, but whoever did, I love them.
• Speaking of LeFou, he went through some GREAT character development. From being completely obsessed with Gaston at the beginning (telling the Bimbettes they didn’t have a chance, talking to an imaginary Gaston in the mirror, calming Gaston down with thoughts of the war <which was HILARIOUS btw>, winking during “Gaston”) to actually having a backbone after they tie Maurice up in the woods (you can see him begin to shift his alignment, and lose his love for Gaston, there) to finally being like “yeah, screw this, Gaston wouldn’t save me from a falling talking piano with key teeth missiles, I'mma help the talking teapot spraying my fellow villagers instead”. I LOVED LeFou.
• You know who else loved LeFou? THE DRAG QUEEN. I know he’s either Tom, Dick, or Stanley, and @icarus-will-rise and I think it would be pretty ironic if he was Dick. I’ll have to check when it comes out on DVD since I wasn’t really paying attention, and by GOD I loved that little hint that they ended up together during the dance at the end.
• Anyway, back to the plot
• Those wolves were TERRIFYING
• Also, I don’t know about you guys, but instantly when I saw the beggar lady I was like “she’s gonna be important”. It was when she rescued Maurice I knew she was the enchantress in disguise, don’t ask me how, I just knew. They wouldn’t put a character in there randomly unless she was essential to the storyline, so I guess that’s why I guessed that.
• …did I mention LeFou was by far my favorite?
• But Emma Watson came in as a close second. By GOD, she was a great Belle. Her reaction to that library was tbh exactly how I would’ve reacted.
• Like I said, casting was spot-on amazing.
• You could FEEL the angst radiating off of Beast.
• Maurice was great, not as kooky as the original but I like him better as a sad artist.
• ^By the way, Belle’s parents’ backstory had me in tears. The plague representation was so accurate and answered SO many questions of mine.
• Also, Gaston was really good
• He actually tried to woo Belle a little instead of being like “I’m so great, you should totally marry me just for my looks and charm and hunting skills and my luxurious hair”
• He gave her flowers, sorta kinda pretended to be interested in her books, and seemed genuinely interested in saving her when the townsfolk were being mean so at the beginning I was sorta like “gee, why’s Belle being so rude and shit”, which was the only reason I didn’t like the change in Gaston’s behavior
• Then he started being a dick to her dad and I was like “whoops never mind”
• Umm,,, the fight against the villagers was really great?? Mrs. Potts seeing her husband (who was the citizen with the most sense, let’s be honest here) and falling from the chandelier, the boiling tea, THE DRAG QUEENS, Chip being a badass smol, Lumiere’s fireworks display, Plumette dusting people’s faces and the piano being heroic by trying to cover the door? It was A+
• Also “GRANDMOTHER?!?!?1?????!!??!!”
• Le Fou… the gay is strong with this one…
• Basically, I loved Beauty and the Beast’s live action remake, 10/10 would watch again.
• My only problem is her dress, really. My only GIANT problem, that is.
• They didn’t include the dog in “Beauty and the Beast” (the song), but fine, I’ll forgive that
• My major problem is that dress
• Okay, fine, it’s got the appliqués, but WHERE IS THE NECKLINE
• WHERE ARE THE CORRECT RUFFLES NOT THIS RUFFLE SHIT YOU GIVE US DISNEY
• We demand the truth
• (Side note: what is it with Emma Watson’s dresses being inaccurate in movies because this is now the second one???)