Nerdy Speed Dating/Small Talk Questions
Tired of “What’s your major?” “Where are you from?” “What year of school are you?” “What do you do for a living?”
Well, look no further! Here is a list of nerdy speed dating/small talk questions that are guaranteed* to get the conversational ball rolling (and not squish Indiana in the process)!
Feel free to add to these!
• What Hogwarts house are you?
• Favorite Doctor? Favorite companion?
• ‘67 Impala or Batmobile?
• Favorite Avenger?
• Snape: misunderstood hero or snarky bad guy, even with his “redemption” scene?
• Star Wars or Star Trek?
• Which District are you from? Where would you be in the Hunger Games–first to die, middle, or victor?
• Are you Sam, Dean, or Castiel?
• Are you Merlin or Arthur?
• Are you Sherlock or John?
• Are you Kirk, Spock, or Bones?
• Which Fellowship of the Ring member are you?
• Which member of the Galactic Rebellion are you?
• Nazgul or Dementors?
• Favorite Martin Freeman role: John Watson, Bilbo Baggins, or Arthur Dent?
• Favorite Harrison Ford role?
• Favorite Benedict Cumberbatch role?
• Favorite thing you’ve ever heard Benedict Cumberbatch called (e.g. Benadryl Cumbermuffin)?
• Did you like the ending to Merlin? Do you want a movie?
• The Force Awakens, Rogue One, Fantastic Beasts, and Cursed Child: should they really have been canon?
• Rose Tyler: awesome or annoying?
• Zachary Quinto or Leonard Nimoy? What about that crying!Spock–right or wrong?
• Favorite alien species from Doctor Who?
• Favorite alien species from Star Wars?
• Favorite alien species from Star Trek?
• Favorite alien species overall?
• Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, or Men?
• Scariest villain: Sauron, Voldemort, or Darth Vader?
• Who’s worse: Metatron or Umbridge?
• Most misunderstood villain: Lucifer, Morgana, or the Master?
• Can you say Raxacoricofallapatorius? Can you spell it?
• Favorite nerdy quote?
• Who would win in a fight: the Winchesters or Buffy?
• Would you rather go to Hogwarts or Narnia?
• TARDIS, Enterprise, or Millennium Falcon?
• Obi-Wan Kenobi, Gandalf, or Dumbledore?
• Which set of Narnia characters is your favorite (Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy; Jill and Eustace; Polly and Digory)?
• Puddleglum or JarJar Binks?
• C-3PO, R2-D2 or BB-8?
• Steven Moffat: villain or creative genius (or both)?
• Vampires or werewolves?
• Pirates or ninjas?
• Do you carry salt with you?
• Do you read or write fanfiction?
• Do you role play?
*Batteries not included. I don’t own anything. Also these have never actually been attempted.