Signs of Good Character
Al-Haafiz ‘Abdur-Ra-oof al-Munaawee (rahimahullaah) (d. 1031 AH) said in Faydul-Qadeer (3/464):
Yoosuf ibn Asbaat said:
“The sign of good character is in ten qualities:
- rarely arguing,
- treating others fairly,
- abandoning seeking out people’s faults,
- seeking to rectify and improve any evil qualities which appear,
- seeking excuses for people,
- bearing harm,
- blaming oneself,
- occupying oneself with awareness of one’s own faults and not with the faults of others,
- having a cheerful face,
- and being mild in speech.
Read the full article here.
[Excerpted from: Abu Talhah Daawood Burbank (rahimahullaah) On Four Ahaadeeth In Adabul Mufrad. Shared from The Salafi Centre of Manchester]