ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet is spending six months on the International Space Station for the Proxima mission. In his free time, like many astronauts, he enjoys looking out of the Cupola windows at Earth and taking photos that are shared on his social media channels.
This is a 30 second exposure shot of Earth captured by Thomas in honour of NASA astronaut Don Pettit, who perfected the technique in his many photos taken from on board the Station.
I cannot emphasize enough that although we can take a lot of lessons from fyre festival about: conspicuous consumption, social media marketing, parallel economies, the fundamental scam artistry of the ‘young entrepreneur’ luxury economy, etc., the real lesson we should take away is how easy it is to lure a bunch of rich people onto an isolated island with no hope of escape.
so alya told her to start flirting with adrien if she liked him so much, and the magazines give her step-by-step guides with 15 ~Chill~ Ways to Flirt With Your Crush Without Totally Embarrassing Yourself, so there’s no way this can go horribly wrong, right?
okay but marinette has to be realistic, when has anything ever gone right for her?
1. like their instagram and watch their snapchat: okay but marinette already does this, she follows all of adrien’s social media and collects his takes from photoshoots and knows his schedule, and honestly, there’s really nothing he does that she doesn’t know about it? the whole point of watching his snapchat and liking his instagram would be for him to notice her, but it’s not like she can tell him that she does this, because that would be creepy right? but for the most part she thinks she has this part down pat.
2. make eye contact: and this one is damn near impossible. every time she looks at adrien, and he looks back, her heart turns into a puddle and she wants to melt. but okay, the magazine said to make eye contact, so that’s maintain eye contact, right? don’t look away as soon as he catches her looking. okay, she tells herself. i can do this.
adrien and marinette spend the rest of the week in multiple staring contests. alya and nino are extremely confused, but the game catches on, and soon the whole class spends Madame Bustier’s lectures in staring contests with the rest of their classmates. there’s a running scoreboard, and chloe and alya are surprisingly good at the game, which isn’t that surprisingly at all considering how many glare-showdowns they’ve had throughout the year.
adrien just wants to beat marinette once, and how is it fair she’s so good at this??? marinette just wants to know why it’s not working; she hasn’t gone through dry eyes, blurry vision, and headaches for nothing. at this point, she’s read to pour Johnson’s No More Tears shampoo directly in her eyes to get them back to normal.
3. let your emojis do the talking: 🍆😛:eggplant: :yum:
alya sent it from marinette’s phone, and marinette is too busy dying to say anything about it. adrien still buys her eggplants for a month because he thinks they’re her favorite.
4. wave and say “hi” when they walk by: marinette had to quit when her over-aggressive wave nailed nino in the nose and broke it. alya called him “raccoon eyes” for weeks. it didn’t matter though, adrien didn’t even wave back (though it might have been because his best friend was bleeding on the school steps).
5. invite your crush to hang out as a group: seems easy enough, right? she invites alya, nino, and adrien over for a study group at her house, but alya and nino cancel at the last minute to give her “some alone time with adrien”. only it doesn’t work out that way because she’s forced to actually learn physics when adrien notices she had some troubles with it and tutors her for the rest of the night.
6. say something simple, then keep the conversation going: marinette had trouble talking to adrien in the first place, so it was a miracle if she even got something simple out. adrien saves her the trouble anyway when he complicates her cat sweater, but it doesn’t go the way she imagined because it devolves into a heated argument over whether chat noir or ladybug was better, and oh my god, how could she be arguing with her crush over how much she sucked?
7. remember what they tell you, and bring it up later: so adrien refuses to speak to her since she said ladybug sucked, and marinette is panicking internally 24/7. she makes him a hat to apologize because it’s summer and it’s blue, and when he asks her how she knew blue was his favorite color, she just smiles and tells him she read it in a magazine article.
adrien looks touched either way while marinette wishes she could sink through the floor because she’d gone nearly a whole year without adrien knowing she read magazine articles about him.
8. give them a sincere compliment:
adrien: “so what do we know about penguins already for this biology presentation?” marinette: “penguins are inefficient walkers…. they’re cute…. but not cuter than you.” adrien: “…thanks, marinette.”
adrien: “thanks, marinette. you’re so helpful.” marinette: “that’s me. i’m always helpful. i’ll always try to help you. you know, like… i’d totally hold a revolving door for you. i know that’s counterproductive, but you’re worth it.”
adrien: “god, they never get all the makeup off after a shoot.” marinette: “you know, i would really be okay with seeing you without makeup. that’s how much i like you.” adrien: “what?” marinette: “what?”
9. casually touch their arm when you’re talking: marinette casually strokes adrien’s arm during their next study session. adrien: “… why are you touching my arm?” marinette: “i’m checking the seam work.” adrien: “….that’s my skin though.” marinette: “shh, don’t disrupt a designer at work.”
10. offer them a fry: okay, but marinette doesn’t particularly like fries, so she figured she’d find another way to work this in. it happens one morning while she’s about to go to town on her croissant when she overhears adrien mentioning to nino that he’d forgot his breakfast, so she shoves the food in front of him and rushes away. alya can’t stop laughing at agreste’s startled expression when marinette shoved a croissant in his face without prompt. regardless, alya shares her own breakfast when marinette admits she didn’t have anything else to eat.
11. give them something thoughtful: marinette buys adrien a ladybug-spotted scarf because she knows he likes the superhero. he protests when she gives it to him, but she just shrugs and said she owed him one anyway after dissing his favorite superhero before.
the next day he gives her a matching chat noir one.
12. tease them: she can barely keep a straight face when she teases adrien in front of nino and alya about always smelling like camembert. she even buys him three cheese wheels one day, but he only flushes darkly as he shoves them in his bag. she wants to apologize in case she hurt his feelings, but later that day, she notices that the cheese is gone.
man, he must really like his cheese, she thinks in awe, and spends the rest of the day trying to figure out why adrien kept glaring at his bag during class.
13. steal their hat and put it on your head: adrien doesn’t wear hats, so she stole nino’s instead. adrien spent the rest of the day trying to set her up with his best friend.
14. ruffle their hair: marinette ruffles adrien’s hair when she walks into the classroom one morning. some strands end up tangled in her bracelet, and the two spend the remainder of class in the nurse’s office as she tries to cut them loose.
15. sit in their lap: marinette is a little hesitant to try this one, but alya ends up taking matters into her own hands and pushes marinette into adrien’s lap one day while the three of them and nino were visiting a cafe for lunch. marinette is flustered and apologizes profusely, and she finally finds the courage to look into his eyes. but instead of angry!agreste, she seems wide, shocked green eyes as adrien begins to laugh uncontrollably. marinette starts to giggle and shakes her head and it’s not until she looks at him again that she realizes… this whole situation seems really familiar…
“…chat noir?” she asks suddenly.
“what?” adrien asks.
“what?” alya asks.
“what?” nino asks.
“oh my god,” marinette says and dies.
Needless to say, flirting was not her forte. But hey, she still got the man in the end, right? …. alright, it’s a work and progress, but still.
“youtube animator that tried really hard to be egoraptor in 2011 is now making inflammatory hot takes on social issues on popular social media outlet” is a description that fits how many youtubers nowadays
I want to clear something up, as today one of my friends on here got insulted because she stated she preferred Sebastian in his skinnier/more athletic physique than when he was really bulked up for Bucky in CACW.
Exhibit A This is Beefy Seb:
Seb bulked up, and trained like MAD for his role in Captain America: Civil War, after feeling pressure to have the same massive body type as Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie. It was hours of training including 4am starts, strictly regimented diets, and a dedication to the job that most actors wouldn’t even consider. Is it wrong to like him and find his body attractive? No. As a fan it would almost be an insult not to appreciate him like this, simply as an acknowledgement of the hard work he put in.
Now, onto our next Exhibit:
Exhibit B: Skinny Seb:
Now, i don’t really want to label this ‘skinny Seb’. Really from what i can tell this is his almost ‘natural’ state (it was also taken a few years ago). Is it wrong to prefer him like this? No. I would imagine he was/is a little more carefree when he’s not having to train like mad, when he can relax and be himself. When his accolades come from his acting ability rather than his looks. (although he deserves a fucking oscar for his role as Bucky IMHO).
Okay, still with me? Decided you want to send me some anon hate only to discover i don’t accept anon messages? Oh dear, you’ll just have to keep reading and stew in your own vitriol instead.
Exhibit C: Current 2017 Seb
Current Seb. Or as i like to call it ‘Seb that destroyed most of China’s ovaries in one go thanks to this weibo selfie’. He’s still got his athletic build (last seen in The Bronze), but has also put in the work to bulk up (note: he now has wings made of muscle), but not uncomfortably so. You can see that his face shape is changing, he’s growing into his features that a lot of men do when they reach their 30′s. Proving that he got a good deal when he sold his soul to the devil (there’s no way someone can be this handsome by luck) he got the better end of the deal.
But you know what? None of the above matter. He is still the lovable dork that answers fan’s questions on social media, that takes the time to stop his car when he’s been filming a movie all day, just to stop and say Hi to a fan that has driven a long way with her family on the off chance she might meet him.
He’s still the guy that is so dedicated to his work he will grow a mustache that gives us all very guilty Magnum PI flashbacks
He’s the guy that is scared of a Squash Ball
He’s the guy that has the weirdest ever facial expression when blowing birthday candles out.
And we love him for who he is. Our Sebby. Our Romanian Dork. Our Beefy Bucky. Our Sebastian. And you can love him however you want.
What you’re feeling on the inside will always show on the outside. So for me, it’s just about staying in a good place mentally, emotionally and physically. I take long breaks away from my laptop/phone and social media. It’s a great tool to connect with people, but you should always recognize it for what it truly is: a highlight reel, manufactured to perfection.
I’ve talked with someone on the french Netflix help center/customer service live chat and:
apparently the reason why it’s cancelled is because it’s too expensive, SO we should point out that at the end of s2 the sensates are all reunited in London! 1 PLACE! The location is something they can discuss with the directors and creative writers if that’s what it takes to save the show.
what works the most is being vocal on social media because the ppl who are in charge of content are on the @netflix social medias, not on the live chats etc. So they will see us directly.
they probably didn’t expect this amount of complaint.
The woman I talked with told me that everybody’s very disappointed on her team at the tech service, they want s3 as bad as us. And they tell the ppl higher up about our complaints.
She told me that since this morning, ¾ of the people she talked with were here to talk about sense8.
Basically, we’re doing good. Don’t give up. Keep talking about it! Keep calling Netflix!
A/N: So, thanks to @howlingbarnes and her input, I’m starting to really like the chemistry between these two. Hope you do, too!
The next morning, you met Steve in front of the city’s courthouse. Walking up to him, you embraced and remained like that when Steve suggested you take a picture before walking into the building.
“For social media,” he explained. “We have to show we’re serious about this.”
You agreed and leaned a head on his shoulder, genuinely grinning at the wide smile Steve put on as he took the selfie. He took a few more, at one point even pressing a kiss to your cheek as you giggled, his stubble tickling your skin.
[REBLOG] Please don’t follow Jackson and his family during their private time. Don’t take photos of them and upload on social media. Give them some privacy. Jackson can meet his brother for the first time after few years, he doesn’t know when he will be able to meet him again. Respect their privacy.
Did you see a photo / video of Jackson and his family on Instagram / Tumblr / Twitter? Ask them to delete.