If you are part of or support neo-Mexica revisionism or any neo-indigenous revisionism you are supporting erasure and violence towards Indigenous peoples.
Whether it be the Mexica Movement (which is NOT the only neo-Mexica group), neo-Taino “tribes”, Mayanism, Rainbow Warriors or whatever else; it is all appropriative, silencing, full of erasure and violent.
- You do not become Indigenous by yelling that you are Indigenous the loudest.
- You do not become Indigenous by the popularity of your ideas among non-Indigenous majority populations or by misleading Indigenous folks who are not familiar with the Peoples you falsely claim.
- You do not become Indigenous by propaganda.
- You do not become Indigenous by defining indigeneity so that it suits you.
- You do not become Indigenous by self-imposing rules based on your interpretation of non-indigenous scholarship.
- You do not become Indigenous by silencing the Indigenous peoples you are most directly violent towards.
If you want to be “enlightened” if you want to find your People and learn more about heritage down your family lines you do that respectfully through your People/Nation and them alone. You cannot get this from books. You cannot get this from those who strong arm their way into Indigenous spaces.