Some reminders about Dr. King before tomorrow:
- US government agencies were implicated in the wrongful death lawsuit in a civil trial in 1999 that his family fought for years and which was then buried by the justice department.
- He spoke out against police brutality, capitalism, and war.
- He believed that white moderates were and are the greatest threat to civil rights, moreso than any hate group.
- He was arrested over 10 times.
- He was considered a dangerous radical by the majority of white Americans.
- He refused to condemn rioters, because “a riot is the language of the unheard.”
- Any white person who voted for Trump who tries to use MLK or his words as a rhtetorical tactic to justify their bigotry and complain about people protesting can personally come to my apartment in the next 24 hours for an ass-kicking.