Rise of the Tomb Raider Launches on Xbox One X this November
(The above video is best viewed with a 4K monitor or device.)
Announced leading into August’s annual Gamescom showcase, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be coming to Xbox One X – the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft – on November 7
Developed in partnership with Nixxes Software, the Xbox One X update for the award-winning game includes 4K graphics, and a range of technical enhancements that leverage the full power of the console. The update also introduces three visual modes, so gamers can choose the setting that best suits their play style.
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes, including:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
- Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Amplified texture filtering
Enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X will be available timed to the console’s launch on November 7. Players who have already purchased the game for Xbox One will be able to download and experience these unique features for free on Xbox One X.
If you’re out at Gamescom this week, stop by the @xbox booth to see the Xbox One X enhancements in action.