New Tyranid Codex Rumors
Some of the rumors about the current Tyranid Playtest. So gain of salt on most of these as GW is still in super early stages, these are just some things they are considering.
- Some royal court type stuff with warrior primes.
- Point reduction on the little bugs.
- Some interesting FoC rearranges.
- Several new bugs (not all will make it).
- The ability to tailor make your bugs and “evolve them” into being very specific, or keep them cheap and generalized.
- Better ways to help close with the enemy.
- Feels very “overwhelming” to play against them.
- No new transport options, but a couple new deployment options.
- Carnifexes are in the elite and heavy support sections (but have different options)
- While broods are the same base cost as the current codex, additional Termagaunts are dirt cheap. So if you want to horde it up, you can.
- Rippers are cheaper.
- Ability to build around “free” units coming in from reserve throughout the game (from different sources, but it’s the same special rule), but they do not score.
- Can go the other route and bugzilla it up and have all (including scoring) monstrous creatures.
- The goal is to go mass or massive or anything in between.
- The big text on the design board (figuratively speaking) is “Every Unit Viable. Every unit desirable."
- And on the topic of evolutions - these are just upgrades and options that can make a bug very finite in it’s role, but awesome at it. Not mid game changes. Only one special creature can do that.