So having read some of your stories, I have to ask: were your parents unprepared for the stuff you got up to or like, did they just accept that you were going to be continuing the family tradition of weirdness before anything happened?
A brief summary of my family’s week, for context:
- Mom is doing props for a musical/political theater troupe that my dad sings in. She spent most of this week cutting the boobs off $2 vinyl sex dolls and sewing them onto t-sirts for the cast to wear for a song about nipple equality.
- She is also having the kitchen repaired to so there’s contractors going in and out of the house, and Mom deliberately piled the severed tits on her work table in front of the side door “So they don’t give me any crap”. It’s working. This is the fastest anyone has installed cabinets, ever.
- The other costume mom made is for my dad, which is a full-size, from-scratch Godzilla costume. My father is going to be on stage, in front of about 15 hundred people, singing about how Godzilla has erectile dysfunction because all the disasters in congress are making him impotent by comparison.
- I swear the song makes sense in context.
- My sister is in the Philippines doing water safety education/helping run the blood bank, and is currently fostering a Fruit Bat becuase the local wildlife shelter is under construction.
- His name is Freddie.
- further details are limited because she broker her phone a few years ago and it’s basically nonfunctional now but she refuses to replace it until fully recyclable phones come out.
- My parent’s dog likes to play in the sprinklers, and will now go sit out next to the sprinkler box and bark until one of my parents turns it on.
This is a fairly typical July for them. I am actually probably the most boring member of my family.