Hello my lovelies! Only one week left until the Summer Solstice and I am just beaming for the upcoming celebration! I decided to make another post like my Spring Equinox celebration one since you all seemed to like it so much. I do plan on having a bit more of a ‘proper’ ritual and celebration of the day since that Monday I have off from work, but here are some other low-key ways that I am going to celebrate the day. I’ve split it into two sections of day activities and night ones because the Summer Solstice can go all night long and I plan on doing a whole cycle’s worth of things.
During the Day:
Greet the sun! I know it’s going to be an early sunrise, but if you’re there to greet the sun, you’ll be starting the day off on the right foot! You can either just lay in bed and watch the sun rise from your window or head outside and do a sun salutation, both will give you energy!
Wear your favourite summer clothes! Shorts, tanks tops, t-shirts, sun dresses- even flip flops if you can get away with it! The colours associated with Liltha are reds, oranges, yellows/golds, blues, greens and white!
I’m going to be setting my citrine,clear quartz and peridot stones absorb the sunlight throughout the day- other gems that would love to be out on the Summer Solstice would be fluorite, sunstone, agate, carnelian, and any stone that is green or yellow in colour! But you best check to see if it’ll fade in colour before you set it out all day. If that might happen, then the moon light will work just as well.
For lunch, enjoy a summer salad filled with summer berries like strawberries and blueberries, apples, leafy greens and a sweeter dressing! The berries are a great way of celebrating what the summer will bring for you.
Get outside! I don’t care if it’s for five minutes at your lunch break or an hour long hike like I plan on doing, but get outside and live in nature! Breath in the fresh summer breeze, feel the sun on your skin, meditate and be with nature.
There are so many ways to drink summer in- literally! Lemonade, iced tea, fruit juices, herbal teas like chamomile, rose or lavender will be such a great way to get just that little bit of summer in you.
Today is also a great day to try and interact with the faeries and fae folk. Leave a small offering of milk and honey (or a honey cake!) outside in your garden, in a park, on the outside window ledge, and the fae will appreciate the gesture! Who knows- that could be the start of a relationship between you and them.
Have friends over or go out to dinner! If nothing else, the summer solstice is about celebrating with friends and family! It’s about being thankful for what you have and getting excited for the summer, so get together and discuss your upcoming summer plans! Who knows what might come out of it?
Listen to music- your favourite music, and sing your heart out! The god Apollo (the Greek god of Light, Sun, music and poetry) is one of the many gods who will be thriving off the activities of today and you can honour them by just enjoying music and art.
Light candles- or your barbecue! Traditionally, this sabbat is celebrated with a balefire (outside campfire), but if you’re like me and lack an outside fire pit, then lighting up the bbq and cooking up some veggie or meat kebabs will be a good way of making a feast and substituting the ‘real thing’. No BBQ? No stress- light up some candles and watch it glow. Bonus points if they are coloured or scented to match the holiday.
Make a craft for the summer- a flower crown, a bird house, a sun catcher. I know I plan on making a flower crown and perhaps painting that day, but so long as you create something, spell or not, it can honour the day’s celebrations.
Watch the sunset- like watching the sunrise, watching the longest day of the year come to a close will be an amazing way to celebrate the whole of the Summer Solstice.
Are you of legal age? Have a drink of summer wines or berry ciders- just remember to give either the first or last sip to nature, the faeries will find it!
Decorate your home for summer and for the summer solstice by incorporating some common symbols as decor- seashells, fresh flowers like sunflowers, daisies, carnations, and peonies, little statues of birds, deer, faeries, feathers from birds, and shining crystals. The summer decor, beach house look is always a popular one during June and July so you’ll bled right in.
So this is the rough outline of what I plan on doing during the Summer Solstice! I am going to do a spell that day I think, but I haven’t decided what just yet. I’m thinking a motivation spell or a creativity spell, so I can charge up my summer and all the writing I plan on doing. All I know is that it’s going to be a great day! I hope that I have inspired you to celebrate, regardless of how busy you may be that Monday.
I hope you have an amazing week and a fantastic Summer Solstice! Love you all and sending all my good vibes out to you for this summer.
Description: It all started when Jeon Jungkook moved into the house next door during the first year of high school. His popularity was given as his looks are extraordinary, and not to mention his outstanding grades. Everyone thinks of Jungkook as the perfect person with his good looks, perfect grades, and rich parents. However, Y/N thinks apart from that.
A/N: This wasn’t supposed to be a series but oops.
I was 13 years old, on a camping trip with my parents to Niagara Falls. This was the summer that I started to realize that I didn’t like dressing in girls clothes, I slowly started to wear my hair up instead of down, wearing t-shirts instead of dresses. I chose “boy” colors for my braces because pink made me uncomfortable. My parents both constantly questioned me the entire trip. “Why are you so quiet?” “Why are you so sad?” & I never had an answer until now. Looking back at these photos I remember how self conscious I felt about myself. I hated my body, my face, my voice, my hair. Everything. I thought I was unattractive & overweight. I didn’t understand that self-love could come from different places other than fitting into whatever the societal stereotype of that time was. But now I see that boy that was inside me all along when I see these photos, the one who so secretly wanted to be seen but didn’t know how. • Today I’m 21 years old & I’m proud to be him today. I’m proud that I’ve followed my heart to become who I’ve always wanted to be, even if I didn’t know it at the time. I’m proud to be living authentically the way I always should have. • I’m proud of all of you who have followed your hearts to be who you are. It’s one of the hardest things in the world to do, to be true to yourself in the face of judgement in a world that sometimes doesn’t understand us, but that’s okay because it’s their loss. Trans people are some of the bravest, strongest & most compassionate people I’ve ever met & I’m so proud to be a voice for my community ⚡️
- the fun n’ sporty girl
- very thicc which makes other girls jealous
- says whatever she wants and when she wants
- is a queen and is forever unbothered
- “I ain’t shit, I am THE shit.”
- dramatic hair flips
- flirts with boy and girls because she’s jacqueline
- girls are gay for her tbh
- defends the weak
- doesn’t really have menstrual cramps since she’s so healthy
- probably a feminist
- is still friends with everyone, even the fakes
- the scary but sexy girl
- pretty tall
- plays no games with anyone
- “If you touch me, you’ll lose a finger.”
- cares about her cats more than anything
- people are jealous of her
- men want her like crazy, the girls too
- goes against the gender roles
- long brown hair
- likes wearing makeup
- leather jackets and heels
- walks in a room only to get stares and for it to quiet down
- very strong both mentally and physically
- the quiet and shy girl
- girl next door type
- fluffy sweaters and oversized shirts
- hides behind glasses
- frail and fragile
- smiles and blushes a lot
- tries to avoid social interaction at all costs
- likes skateboarding on her own time
- is really goofy and fun when you really get to know her
- doesn’t trust easily
- likes to eat but hates school
bambam: bambi aka brittany
- the crazy chick
- really weird
- is a redhead atm
- constantly dyes her hair and wonder why she’s going bald
- never shuts up
- dabs and knows every single dance to exist
- is not ‘lady like’ like her family wants her to be
- closet can pay off someones rent for a year
- dresses very well
- eats too much to be that skinny
- “WhERE MY TITTIES??!”
- double b? more like double a. *ba dum tss*
- literally dies on her period
- the ms. intelligent-independent girl
- sips wine in a silk robe while looking at the outside view
- girls can only dream of being her
- curled black hair
- very savage
- has coffee at local cafes
- university student
- “Look here you broke down bitch, stop talking about me behind my back to your friends who’s the great value version of Chanel.”
- will use the force if necessary
- professional nerd
- the dancing girl
- probably in Chicago for a dancing school
- loves dancing
- athletic body
- very tall and other boys hate it
- rises above everyone (literally)
- really kind and sensitive
- hates when people critique her dancing but uses it as a method to work harder
- Chris Brown enthusiast
- cute but still sexy
- can also sing
- the most caring girl you’ll ever know
- girl power
- long wavy blonde hair
- flower child
- loves singing as her passion
- can’t be hated no matter what
- sweet-girl-from-church type
- not that innocent deep down
- cares too much
- likes to play the guitar to serenade her lover
- probably lives in California
- fights for equality
- circle glasses and t shirt dresses
- “Hi guys~!”
- Smol tries to pick up Tol the way Tol picks up Smol
- Smol is the stronger one out of the two
- Tol is the one who scares easily while Smol is is ready to fight everyone and everything
- Tol lowers themselves to Smol’s height and they are astonished at how short the Smol one actually is
- Smol is the one who takes no shit while Tol is the one who gets walked over by everyone so Smol teaches Tol how to stand up for themselves
- Smol wears Tol’s T shirt as a dress one day and Tol think Smol is absolutely adorable
- Smol dyes their hair crazy colours so Tol can find them in a sea of people
- Smol hops on Tol’s back everytime to greet them
- Smol is ready to fight someone who is bigger than Tol and Tol has to intervene and pick Smol up fireman style and carry them out of the vicinity
- Tol always goes to high five Smol but Tol’s reach is too far up, so Tol adjusts their high five reach and goes lower, and since this happens so often it becomes a natural reflex for Tol to give ‘low fives’ even with people who are the height as Tol
- Smol sits on Tol’s lap and Smol is the perfect size and when people realize this, they always take pictures of them together
- Smol and Tol have children and all the children are Tol and the Smol parent always gets over shadowed in the pictures, it happens so much that it becomes a running joke
- Smol gets a ridiculously tall hat, put it on and tells Tol, that they are now taller than them
- Smol loves to be the small spoon because they love Tols arms wrapping around them
- Smol and Tol take the cutest pictures of Tol holding Smol up off the ground