Its his freshman year and Bitty is walking around campus on his Taddy Tour™ with John Johnson, Ollie, Wicks, and some other guys on the team that Bitty doesn’t know. They are coming to the end of the tour and are walking down the frat row where all the sports teams have their respective houses. They walk past the volleyball house and the soccer house with no problem, but things get louder once they reach the football house.
There are a bunch of hulking men gathered on the front lawn tossing a ball back and fourth. One, with short black hair and a very broad chest catches the ball, turns to the group and shouts,
“Hey hockey jerkoffs! look out!”
He throws the ball, and it cuts through the air with Wick’s head as its target. It would have hit him straight on the nose too, if Bitty hadn’t caught it, snatching it from air as easily as anything.
“You better keep this! you clearly need the practice!” Bitty threw the ball back to him in a perfect spiral, and when the offending player caught it, he was knocked to the ground with the force of it.
Everyone was gapping at the mountainous man on the ground. A different player with shaggy brown hair called out in disbelief, “You just took out the school’s tight end!”
Bitty shrugged, unbothered, “I hope he’s second string.”
All of the guys on the Taddy Tour™ starting whooping at the chirp, and the group moved onward toward the Haus, leaving a pack of slack jawed football players in their wake. The shaggy haired one offered a hand to the man on the ground.
“You good Brandon?” He asked, hoisting the other player to his feet.
“Yeah dude, nothing hurt but my pride.” Brandon rubbed at the back of his neck sheepishly, “Who was that guy?”
Shaggy hair shrugged, “One of the new Hockey recruits I guess.”
Sydney, you’ve been with the show since you were 9 years old. You are now 11. It’s a show that deals with very adult themes - frankly, candidly - and I think that’s… it’s strength. How did you discuss the show - you know, as a 9 year old talking to your mom or to your director - about what’s going on in the show and how you dealt with that?
Reasons why Nerve is one of the best movies I've ever seen
- Super smart amazing hacker is a POC female, who seems to literally run this underground hacking club. She become a vital character to the success of our main character.
- Main character is blonde, but get this, isn’t stereotypically an airhead ‘pretty girl’. She’s very smart and she takes charge of her own life by the end of the movie. She ends up being the one who orchestrates an outstanding plan, coming up with it herself and completing it with the help of her amazing friends!
- The main character’s best friend, Sydney, isn’t an intentional ‘bitch’ and very much cares about Vee.
- The entire movie hints at the consequences of cyberbullying, how it could kill someone and how it is very much like a game of Truth or Dare, without the concept of Truth.
- There was no sexualization of characters. No zooming in on boobs when main character is in her underwear. The only remotely sexualized part was when characters at the time were sexualizing themselves.
- Main character didn’t have huge boobs or over sexualized assets to begin with. She wore modest underwear, she wasn’t 'sexy’.
- The watchers comments were real to today’s society’s comments. They were comments on Vee’s physique, mildly harassing on occasion and many other things for other characters.
- Videos were true to today’s style. Crappy glitchy footage where the audio is almost always better than the video footage.
The movie itself was amazing, and was very good about challenging stereotypes and putting a message out there by attracting an audience of teens who may just be cyberbullies themselves.
-ALSO THE LANGUAGE WAS LIKE AMAZINGLY PG. I ONLY REMEMBER HEARING ONE SWEAR WORD THE WHOLE TIME.