hey! I love pining too.. but more so from Draco's side, I love Draco head over heels not being able to contain himself just seeing Harry. Also I need a happy-ending. Any good fics in mind?
Hey! Yes I do! Pining!Draco is another of my faves. (Here’s the Pining!Harry companion list in case anyone has missed out on that one.) @jaloesie
Drarry + pining!Draco fic recs
• And Back Again (Where You Belong) by eidheann (15k)
He thought back on their previous handshakes, and smiled faintly at the fact they always seemed to mean so much more to him than they did to Potter.
(This is so wonderfully angsty, the pining is just lovely, it really hurt me. Poor Draco gets his heart broken, and mine breaks along with his. So good.)
• The Light More Beautiful by firethesound (81k) Thirteen years after Draco accepts Potter’s help escaping the horror of his sixth year, he returns to England where he makes the unfortunate discovery that Potter is still as obnoxious as ever. And worse, more than a decade overseas hasn’t been enough to dim Draco’s obsession with him. (Oh wow, the pining in this one! Draco’s been in love with Harry for SO many years and he just can’t stop. It hurts so good. Amazing, amazing fic.)
• On A Clear Day by Sara’s Girl (41k) Draco Malfoy is waiting for his real life to begin, and it appears that he’s not the only one. Coffee, charity, and the wisdom of the elderly. (This is suuch a lovely fic! Draco starts to visit hermit!Harry and falls hopelessly in love with him, the pining is exquisite, and the writing is just excellent.)
• Whoo Knew? by oceaxe (18k) Despite having had a crush on his Auror partner for years, Draco’s been biding his time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to make his case. But when Harry subscribes to a new wizarding personals service, Draco gets a wake-up call. With new each message that arrives for Harry from a hopeful suitor, it becomes more and more clear that the time to act has arrived. (AAGH this is such great pining, Draco is hurtinggg and Harry has no idea. At the same time, this fic is also has a bunch of really funny moments. Love it!)
• Stories in E Minorby huldrejenta (8.7k)
Draco has found his place in the Muggle world. He’s got his music, he’s got his neighbours and he is content. Until a certain someone from the past enters his life again.
(Beautiful writing! I love jazz musician!Draco and he’s pining so hard over Harry, it hurts. He never expects to get more than one night with him..)
• All Life is Yours to Miss by Sara’s Girl (114k) Professor Malfoy’s world is contained, controlled, and as solitary as he can make it, but when an act of petty revenge goes horribly awry, he and his trusty six-legged friend are thrown into Hogwarts life at the deep end and must learn to live, love and let go. (I love this fic, Draco’s journey and development in it is the kind of thing I live for. He falls so hard for Harry, but is convinced Harry will hate him.)
• Chaos Theoryby Brief_and_Dreamy (43k)
When an ancient spell book is discovered in an abandoned vault, Harry–a Curse-Breaker–and Draco–an Unspeakable–are called in to examine it. Draco does everything in his power to resist Potter’s advances, despite his growing crush. Potter just wants sex, he assumes, and Draco doesn’t want to be used. He discovers, however, that some things aren’t within our power to control.
(I feel so protective over Draco in this fic, “soft vines of longing curled around his heart”, first pain, then pining pining pining, and then SWEETNESS.)
• Weeds or Wildflowers by lumosed_quill (17k) A perfect match, a romance for the ages, with a one hundred percent success rate! Magic Match claims they can give Draco all of this. So why do they keep sending him on dates with Harry Potter? (This fic is absolutely hilarious. I love the writing, Draco is so outraged while he’s secretly pining so hard. Exactly the kind of fic I love to read.)
Novice beekeepers are often confused as to what honey plants and flowers they should plant in order to provide bee forage for their bees. Too often they have the idea that a few extra pots of geraniums or a couple of hollyhocks will make a difference in the honey crop. They fail to realize that plants suitable for bee pasturage must be planted in high numbers before any noticeable results are seen in the amount of honey that is stored in the hive, and that not all flowers are worked by bees.
So why don’t bees work certain flowers? Well, for a start, it is no use planting red geraniums and hoping to attract bees to your garden because bees cannot see red. On the other hand, bees are attracted to blue, white, yellow, and purple colored flowers.