i love makki and mattsun but i don't see enough about them, so! can i request what it would be like to be best friends with both of them?
Yes! More Makki and Mattsun!
- Both Matsukawa and Hanamaki are great listeners. Whether you’re sharing a funny story, idly talking about whatever comes to mind, or venting, they are all ears. Outwardly, they may seem like they’re disinterested (unfortunately their resting facial expressions are just set that way) but no worries; they’re incredibly attentive, as you might have seen from their performance on court. Their attention to detail applies to all fields.
- These guys are hilarious in the most unexpected ways. While Hanamaki is more of the type to boast jokes with you, Matsukawa will stay silent for the most part—and then casually say something completely deadpan, and it’d be one of the funniest things you’ve ever heard. Similarly, Hanamaki frequently sends you funny bits he finds on the internet at random. Matsukawa does, too, but not as often, and it’s usually pictures/videos he takes himself coupled with bizarre captions. You can bet you’ll be laughing into the next week at what Mattsun sends.
- If you called them in the middle of the night because you were upset, you’d end up somewhere outside with them no matter what. For Hanamaki, you’d have to be the one to suggest something. He’s hyper-rational and will probably respond with something like, “ Are you sure? I mean, you should just sleep for tonight. We can do something tomorrow.” But with just minimal prodding, he’ll be putting on his shoes. Matsukawa will probably spew the first thing that comes to mind if he senses that you’re upset, no matter how ridiculous it is. “Wanna go to a club? I can probably get us in because I look old as balls.” He just wants to cheer you up. Either way, you’ll probably actually end up at said club. Whatever ensues is up in the air.
- But going out isn’t always an option. Matsukawa and Hanamaki will both be more than willing to stay on the phone with you as long as you need, even if it means falling asleep while still on the line.
- Hanamaki likes to randomly pop an earbud into your ear if he wants to share a new-found favorite song or video. Whether you’re studying in your room or waiting for class to start, he’ll appear out of nowhere and just be like, “You have to listen to this. I know class is about to start in 0.5 seconds but you just gotta.”
- Hanamaki gives you frightening puppy eyes if you can’t make it to a game—quite literally frightening. The whole puppy expression doesn’t really work with his sharp eyes, and he knows this, which is why he does it all the more.
- If you can’t make it to a game, Matsukawa will probably say something like, “Okay, but you owe me two hours of your life.” The next time he sees you he’ll gladly dump his sweaty jersey on you. All in good spirit, of course!
- Hanamaki will try his best to bake you a cake for your birthday. Of all people he knows that handmade treats are the best treats.
- Matsukawa will likely just buy a cake, but there’s a high chance you’ll receive a handmade gift. It might be a disaster, but it’ll be a cute disaster.