SeaWorld whales related to Tilikum:
- Kyuquot (male; Tilikum’s calf)
- Unna (female; Tilikum’s calf)
- Tuar (male; Tilikum’s calf)
- Tekoa (male; Tilikum’s calf)
- Nakai (male; Tilikum’s calf)
- Kohana (female; Tilikum’s calf)
- Ikaika (male; Tilikum’s calf)
- Skyla (female; Tilikum’s calf)
- Malia (female; Tilikum’s calf)
- Sakari (female; Tilikum’s calf)
- Makaio (male; Tilikum’s calf)
- Trua (male; Tilikum’s grandcalf)
- Nalani (female; Tilikum’s grandcalf - sire, Taku, is also her brother)
- Adán (male; Tilikum’s grandcalf - sire, Keto, is also dam’s uncle)
SeaWorld whales NOT related to Tilikum:
- Corky II (post-reproductive female)
- Katina (post-reproductive female)
- Kasatka (post-reproductive female)
- Ulises (male)
- Orkid (female; has not been able to conceive - does not like A.I.)
- Kayla (female; rejected first calf, suffered miscarriage in 2007)
- Takara (female; 3 out of 4 calves are related to Tilikum)
- Keet (male)
- Shouka (female, 22 years but has not conceived)
- Keto (male)
- Kalia (female; impregnated at 8 years old possibly with Ulises sperm)
- Makani (male; sired by Kshamenk)
- Kamea (female, less than 2 years old; sired by Kshamenk)
- Amaya (female; Kalia’s first calf, less than a year old)
- Morgan (female; rescued from wild; resides at Loro Parque)
You know you have a fucking A++++++ breeding program when literally about half of your animals are all related to one specific male.
Out of about 30 whales, only 12 of those whales could be considered viable options for breeding, unless you want to keep snaking Tilikum’s genes throughout the SeaWorld genepool until literally every whale in SeaWorld is related to one another.
Ulises, Orkid, Keet, Shouka, Kalia, Makani, and Amaya are all located at the California park - where breeding is banned now, assuming they move forward with the BWP.
Kalia and Amaya are likely the only 2 viable females at the park, considering Corky II and Kasatka are post reproductive, and both Orkid and Shouka have yet to be impregnated.
That leaves 4 females and 1 male who are simultaneously not located at the California park, and not related to Tilikum - Kayla, Takara, Kamea, Morgan, and Keto.
I could go on, but I think it’s safe to say that even without the ruling by the CCC, SeaWorld’s “breeding program” was already completely fucked.