suzumiya haruhi series

Meta stuff in my The Melancholy of Haurhi Suzumiya? More likely than you think.

Have you ever stopped to think how meta The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-light novel series really is? Like in some basic stories they have these stereotypical characters like the silent person who reads in the corner, the cute girl with..well you know what and a mysterious transfer student. Being inspired by those, Haruhi actually constructs that kind of narrative around herself, by getting people into her club that fit these models. In these stories there has been a cute moe character, so Haruhi forcibly makes Mikuru join, who fits into this category. 

In the murder story she basically goes to a place which happens to fit to all of the stereotypical aspects that happen in a murder story(remote location, mansion, has a maid and a butler and etc..) yet again creating this sort of narrative/story/context. Technically it`s Koizumi who stages the murder mystery, but without Haruhi wishing it that would have never happened. 

This goes to even grander scale if we take into consideration the theory which is coined by Koizumi in the beginning of the series, where he tells that the current world was created by Haruhi 3 years ago(currently 4 years ago in their timeline). Like then she literally created the story around her, like holy freaking heck. o_O 

Uniform Crossover!

Mugi: Toshinou Kyouko (Yuru Yuri)

Yui: Izumi Konata (Lucky☆Star)

Azunyan: Suzumiya Haruhi (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Ritsu: Misaka Mikoto (A Certain Magical Index / A Certain Scientific Railgun)

Mio: Kaname Madoka (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)


「Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=30471036

NEWS ON THE DISAPPEARANCE OF NAGATO YUKI-CHAN

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan is the official spinoff of the popular series The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya. Taking place in the alternate dimension visited by Kyon in the events of The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - where the world is ‘normal’ and lacking gods, aliens, time travelers, and ESP - the focus centers to Yuki Nagato’s budding feelings for fellow club member Kyon.

Having been conceived as a manga series, the spinoff will see its release in springtime this year, according to the voice actor of Haruhi Suzmiya - Aya Hirano. The original cast will return to reprise their roles

The beloved Haruhi Suzumiya series has resonated throughout Japanese pop culture since its inception, and knowing that new content is well underway is a breath of fresh air to fans of the series and anime as a whole.

Top 20 Cutest Female Anime Characters with Short Hair

Charapedia asked 10,000 anime fans the question: Which female anime characters that has short hair is the cutest? And from thousands of fans, most of the responses are from the male fans (59.9%), female fans (40.1%) and teens to their 20s (68.2%) while the other 31.8% are 30 and over.

20) Ritsu Kawai (The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior)

19) Shirayuki (Snow White with the Red Hair)

18) Serena (Pokemon)

17) Akane Tsunemori (Psycho-Pass)

16) Sinon (Sword Art Online)

15) Anri Sonohara (Durarara!!)

14) Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)

13) Nami (One Piece)

12) Ami Mizuno/ Sailor Mercury (Sailor Moon)

11) Touka Kirishima (Tokyo Ghoul)

10) Hanayo Koizumi (Love Live!)

9) Riko Aida (Kuroko’s Basketball)

8) Ritsu Tainaka (K-On!)

7) Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

6) Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari)

5) Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)

4) Yuki Nagato (The Haruhi Suzumiya series)

3) Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

2) Mikoto Misaka (A Certain series)

1) Rin Hoshizora (Love Live!)

battlefeel-deactivated20140619  asked:

full list of durbikins approved animes

Official Tumblr User Durbikins List of Approved Anime

FIRST EDITION

RECORDED ON JANUARY 13, 2014

SUBJECTED TO CHANGE IN FUTURE

TV SERIES / OVAs

MOVIES / SHORT FILMS

OTHER Some shorts 5 minutes and under that are available on YouTube

Succeeding Lists: 

In commemoration of the iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girl’s 1st live concert, WONDERFUL M@GIC and 4 million players, A Cinderella Girls anime has been announced to be in production.

Director: Takao Noriko (The iDOLM@STER, Suzumiya Haruhi Series, Saint Onii-san)

Series Composition: Takao Noriko and Takahashi Tatsuya (The iDOLM@STER)

Character Design: Yusuke Matsuo (Black Rock Shooter, Yama no Susume)

Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

The anime is set to air in Winter of 2015