suvival

5

United Cutlery M48 Talon Survival Spear

Spears, along with knives, axes and clubs arethe earliest tools developed by mankind and have been used in combat, hunting and fishing for ages. Up until the modern era, spears have found their place in almost every army in the world and were used either in one or both hands as melee and throwing weapons. However, these advancements have not been able to completely eradicate the interest of using modern spears in hunting or as a part of survival gear. A testament to this is the United Cutlery M48 Talon Survival Spear.

survival uses for WD40

for more shtf tips follow me 

*do not remove*

heres a few uses

  • Buff out scuff marks on bumpers
  • Helps remove skid marks from cement
  • Gets gunk off steering wheel mechanism
  • Removes road debris from license plate
  • Removes cell phone antenna glue from glass
  • Cleans gummy buildup from steering wheels
  • Helps remove protective coverings from new cars
  • Removes melted gum from dashboards
  • Removes scuff marks from cars caused by shopping carts
  • Spray on suspension gaskets to resist deterioration
  • Cleans salt-impregnated ice from the soles of Doctor Marten’s boots
  • Spray on a rag and wipe steering wheel and gearshift knobs to keep them grease-free and grip-able
  • Cleans gunk from electrical contacts
  • Removes carbon residue from spark plugs
  • Cleans bugs from rooftop cellular antenna
  • Removes gum from floor mats
  • Removes grime from cellular antenna to improve reception
  • Cleans pin striping tape from car
  • Cleans ignition wires
  • Removes gum from floor boards
  • Cleans gum from door sills
  • Removes crayon from dashboard
  • Cleans sand from door joints
  • Cleans spare tire mount under pickup bed
  • Removes gum stuck in door locks
  • Use on swamp cooler to prevent burnout or seizing
  • Cleans gunk off snow chains
  • Removes melted rubber from exhaust pipes
  • Removes crayon from vinyl surfaces
  • Removes debris stuck on floor mats
  • Prevents oxidation on battery connections
  • Removes pine tar from truck bed covers
  • Lubricates pedals of paddle boats
  • Loosens swivel on bicycle handlebars
  • Lubricates gears on exercise bikes
  • Loosens chainsaw triggers
  • Lubricates potato guns
  • Lubricates gear sprockets on mountain bikes
  • Lubricates joints on golf pull-carts
  • Lubricates sail tracks
  • Lubricates axles on miniature racing cars
  • Lubricates tiller arm on sailboat
  • Lubricates gun strap hardware
  • Lubricates sling swivels on hunting rifles
  • Lubricates handheld clay pigeon launcher

for these and 2000 more go to

http://wd40.com/uses-tips/

for more shtf tips follow me

*do not remove*

I’m a Survivor || Essa & Klaus || Survival

After I’d finished with Lenore, I decided it was best to move on to something a little less physical. The survival mentor looked like someone I would get along with- pensive and no nonsense. I smiled a little as I approached the station, but was once again interrupted when another tribute entered the area at the same time. 

“Again?” I murmured to myself. It was the man from Two, and if he was anything like his district partner, I didn’t want anything to do with him. I turned to him and shot him a glare, hoping he would back off, but to no avail. 

firstaid.about.com
Emergency Wound Care: Cleaning and Dressing of Open Wounds

Something everyone should know and can hopefully take away from this blog.

I really recommend taking first-aid and CPR classes. I have taken some from the Red-Cross and am certified with both. They last for around 2 years and I really need to take them again… (for legal reasons).

Remember, you carry survival skills with yourself everyday. Better to have and not need it then to need it and not have it.

I will focus on first-aid kits later on in the future.


BONNAROO SURVIVAL LIST!

BONNAROO SURVIVAL LIST:

• 4 gallons of water at least
• cooler with ice
• water bottle that’s easy to carry
• pillow
• clothing (appropriate for hot weather)
• shoes that can get muddy
• baby wipes ( bc showers are overrated)
• non-parishable food and snacks
• canopy to shade your tent
• sheets and clothes pins to make walls around your canopy
• a chair for outside your tent
• baby powder (in case of chafing)
• ibuprofen
• a bag to carry around inside the festival
• deodorant
• toothbrush an toothpaste
• body wash and shampoo
• plastic cutlery
• paper plates and paper towels
• an actual towel
• BUGSPRAY (the little shits are everywhere)
• sunblock!
• pillow and blanket
• sleeping bag
• at least $100 in cash to buy food and other cool stuff at the festival
• your happiest attitude and good vibes:)

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”


A good one for all the “Men” out there. Remember, Money, gear, clothes… all of it comes and goes. But, skills stay with you forever. Stay sharp and continue to learn the ways of the warrior.

—  Robert Heinlein
How real is Apocalypse Prep.? $2 million and up of "Bomb Shelter Condos" real.

In the middle of the 20th century, the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis brought on an era of backyard, DIY Fall-Out Shelters designed to help a small family survive nuclear war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. 

2012’s combination of fear and excess in America finds wealthy individuals wanting more luxury with their survival shelter, and the money to pay for it.    Joseph L. Flatley explores responses to these fears of Mayan predictions, climate change, and global instability in Condo at the End of the World @ The Verge.

This frighteningly real article begs the question, “If you had a couple million dollars laying around handy, would it be crazy to buy yourself and your family such a backup plan, or would you be stupid not to?”

In attempting an answer we can cut right past the questions of how global populations would be wiped out (zombies, nuclear holocaust, global ecological collapse) and get to the more pressing questions: 

-If you did buy a spot in such a safe haven, would it be worth it to survive such a disaster? 

-How many people  would be needed in order to successfully repopulate after such a disaster (read:  minimum viable population)?

Though answers range by opinion and method of inquiry (some using the bible to justify the belief that we actually did come from one pair of humans 6,000 years ago,  to others with estimates in the thousands and with a range of mathematical models to explain them), the most commonly accepted answer seems to range from 80 to 160 humans (depending on genetics and breeding practices).

With some luxury shelters being designed to house and sustain between tens and thousands of individuals for a range of time from several years to several decades, these approaches begin to seem surprisingly feasible.

Some of the most expensive units on their own (above) are capable of comfortably housing and sustaining at least the 80 people believed necessary for re-population.  Other bargain options give individuals a spot in larger group shelters.

Whatever your takeaway regarding these developments in survival real estate, they clearly point to underlying concerns our society has regarding our likelihood of long-term survival. 

-Degradation of ecological environments due to over exploitation of natural resources.

-Global Inequality

-Links between climate change, natural disasters, and increasing deadly shortages of food and water.

-The use of mass weapons and violence by both national governments and non-national networks.

While the 1% of the world may be able to pay for their increased survival odds, the other 99% will need other plans.

They do surgery in the Capitol, to make people appear younger and thinner. In District 12, looking old is something of an achievement since so many people die early. You see an elderly person, you want congratulate them on their longevity, ask the secret of survival. A plump person is envied because they aren’t scraping by like the majority of us. But here it is different. Wrinkles aren’t desirable. A round belly isn’t a sign of success.