So, I’ve seen a lot of people in the office get water from the hot water spigot of the coffee machine and then microwave it. I was making some tea this morning and thought I’d try it. I 2/3 filled my mug, and then microwaved it for a minute. When I took it out, it looked totally normal.
But the moment I dropped the tea bag in, it started hard-boiling so badly it was slopping right out of the mug, like, instantly! The end of my fingers got lightly burned, and I had to literally throw the mug so that I didn’t get burned much worse. I’m glad that it didn’t break at least.
So… wow! Uh. Be careful or something. Learn from my idiocy.