spicy chicken, spinach & tomato stuffed avocado with a sriracha-greek yogurt sauce
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 2 cups cooked, shredded white meat chicken
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 10-12 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt and 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt, split
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp chile powder, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or coconut milk or regular milk)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the avocado in half, carefully removing the pit. Scoop out the middle of each avocado half, leaving about ½ an inch of avocado in the skin. Add the scooped out avocado to a large bowl.
- To the bowl with the avocado, add the chicken, spinach, tomatoes, ¼ cup greek yogurt, egg, and spices. Mix very well until all combined.
- Scoop as much mixture as you can fit onto each avocado half. Sprinkle with extra chile powder if desired.
- Place stuffed avocados on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: whisk together 2 tbsp of greek yogurt with 1 tbsp sriracha. Whisk in about 1 tbsp of almond milk, or until desired consistency is reached.
- When avocados are done, drizzle with sriracha-yogurt sauce and serve immediately.