Every single Sunday I see the “Sunday nights are especially grim” tweet circulate the online clique again. Every single Sunday without fail. And it just makes me feel so safe that there are so many people out there struggling like me. I’ve lived so many Sunday nights wishing to fade away before I found this band, and I never imagined other people would be able to relate. Even people that are genuinely happy at the moment still reblog it, because they feel someone out there may need it. Every time I see that tweet, I feel like the entire clique is encouraging me and looking out for others. Thank you I-/
Charleena Lyles’ younger brother, Domico Jones, has an endearing nickname for his sister: “String bean Leen.”
The 30-year-old mother’s physical build and her documented history of mental illness made the circumstances of her shooting death by Seattle police on Sunday all the more confusing to the family.
How could the officers who killed Lyles see her as a threat after she’d called 911 to report a burglary at her apartment, the family wondered.
The petite and reportedly pregnant woman, whose mental illness was known to Seattle police, experienced homelessness and was a victim of domestic violence during her short life.
In Seattle, Lyles’ death puts her at the intersection of several social justice issues. Excessive uses of force by officers, the over-reliance on prisons and jails to deal with women who experience mental health instabilities and a lack of adequate treatment are among the most persistent problems, advocates say.
For nearly five years, Seattle has tried to address some of these issues — the city is under a federal order to retrain its police force and address a pattern of brutality against subjects who exhibit serious psychological distress.
But Lyles’ case suggests these efforts are falling short, as have similar efforts in criminal justice systems around the country. Read more. (6/24/17, 8:41 AM)
I mean, I was against — and still am to a large extent — Hollywood movies. They are generic, a lot of money. But JJ described it as a family drama, and it was an opportunity to work in something that was big but felt personal to him and myself.
Adam Driver on why he accepted a role in a huge franchise like Star Wars (Sunday Times, Aug 13th 2017)
Bitter Sunday: Tony helping Clint's family fix stuff around the house, because they were nice to him and keep being nice to him and say please and thank you. Meanwhile Clint is out avenging again, and Tony is taking his "consultant" role very literally (at least until the next *serious* attack) because that's all he does and they're reluctant or arrogant enough not to consult him a lot anyway. But Clint's family needs someone to fix the car, so he helps. For free. For a thank you.
Wow, I got this before I even had the chance to ask for anything. I love it! :D (Mostly I’m just really enjoying this bitter Sunday thing and love that you guys are on board with it) Okay, back to business now (though this didn’t turn out very bitter, more just happy!Tony and not much else)
Tony can’t really say no. Not when Laura calls him, sounding as tired as he feels on his worst days, baby Nate crying in the background. Especially not when Rhodey made him promise to not lock himself away in the workshop until the next worldwide alien invasion.
So he comes over on a Saturday afternoon–and if he checked with FRIDAY that Clint would be occupied elsewhere, well, that’s just common sense. Things have been tense between them ever since the airport fight, and Tony’s tired of having the same argument again and again, with no sign of a resolution.
He’s greeted by Lila running up to meet him with wide smile–there’s a tooth missing there, that she’s very proud off–and something tense dissolves in his chest. Laura sends him a relieved smile, shows him the car, in between the thousand and one ‘Thank you’s Tony tries valiantly to wave off.
The afternoon is spent repairing the car, which goes slower and is a lot more fun than Tony expected. Because Cooper is eager to help him, curiously asks question after question and runs happily around, searching for the tools Tony needs. Laughing and talking excitedly about his science project and how Nathaniel has learned how to throw his food around and how Lila doesn’t like dresses anymore because she wants to be a superhero when she grows up, and kicking villains’ butts is easier in pants. When they’re finally finished, Cooper is whooping and high fives Tony, so happy, pulls him into the house–and really Tony never stood a chance.
Of course Laura insists he stay over for dinner, as a (completely unnecessary) thank you. Lila has drawn a picture for Tony and Cooper keeps asking if he’ll please, please come visit again and. Tony is–overwhelmed, a little. Thankfully Laura notices, artfully distracts her children to give him a little breathing room. But he’s also strangely happy, hasn’t felt this light and welcome and appreciated in a long time.
He refuses to take Laura’s money of course. And maybe, maybe he’ll come by again. Soon. Laura’s dishwasher isn’t in the best of conditions anymore, after all.
[Bonus: There’s a poster of Iron Man hanging on Lila’s closet. A framed grade A for Cooper’s science project on his desk. A picture of Tony with an oddly panicked expression as he holds a giggling Nathaniel, who’s curiously patting his beard, hanging on the wall. Clint doesn’t understand.
Laura narrows her eyes, a barely noticeable movement.
“It’s been hanging there for four months, Clint,” she says. There’s a lot in those words she doesn’t say, and for the first time in a long while, Clint notices.]
take me or leave me - rent // america - west side story // enough - in the heights // why stay? / a promise - next to normal // leave me alone - side show // bitch / slut / liar / whore - the toxic avenger // what the fuck now, lizzie? - lizzie // i hate you - if/then // see i’m smiling - the last five years // we do not belong together - sunday in the park with george // promise - bare: a pop opera // no more - see what i wanna see // your fault / last midnight - into the woods // why did i listen to that man? - urinetown // waiting - the addams family // if i didn’t believe in you - the last five years // solano avenue - here lies love // telephone wire - fun home // what is this feeling? - wicked //
DISCLAIMER: all true things that may have happened ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
- Saturday: re-reading old msgs, wondering if their friend is mad at them but not sure how to bring it up and discussing it with close friends
- Sunday: finally blackmailed into leaving the house by an extrovert
- Monday: willingly left the house to see fireworks, enjoying the aesthetic of watching them solo
- Saturday: plays in a competitive strategic game tournament (e.g. chess, sports, esports), takes home 1st place relentlessly
- Sunday: does not sleep in, wakes up, and proceeds as usual on a Sunday
- Monday: 50/50 chance of sleeping in, would prefer to spend the day being a closed-off hermit but fam barges in and drags INTJ out
- Saturday: binge-watched a new Netflix original and isn’t ready to talk about the emotional and psychological trauma inflicted by the finale yet
- Sunday: scouring the internet for info and details on the show they just watched, re-blogging everything related to the show only to be recommended another one to watch by a total stranger on Tumblr
- Monday: hasn’t eaten in 17 hours from a sudden surge of creativity and they’re 5 chapters deep into a fanfiction they’ve written about their favourite pairing
- Saturday: at an art show enjoying the experience, talks to the artist afterward, and quietly wonders if they’ll ever leave their mark on the world
- Sunday: dabbles in a couple of activities, supports a friend at a concert, attends a chill afterparty, and doesn’t notice they’re being flirted with which is really cute
- Monday: after days of incubation, inspiration takes hold and ISFP basically drops off the face of this earth — they’re moved to Japan, rooming with a friend, please check up on them
- Saturday: bakes the most heavenly tasting cookies anyone has ever tasted and befriends all of the neighbours/neighbourhood pets/random birds and deers
- Sunday: mass, always
- Monday: gathers family together for dinner, ISFJ is always the best cook
- Saturday: Saturday routine (I.e. wake up, shower, breakfast, read/write/schoolwork, lunch, music rehearsal/sport practice, dinner, chill, sleep)
- Sunday: Sunday routine (I.e. fam time, friend time, me time)
- Monday: finally gets to sleep in
- Saturday: absorbing Wikipedia through an IV until fam kidnaps INTP for a long weekend trip
- Sunday: enjoys the sights, rebels in small ways, wishing they were alone but weird fam members and random strangers keep the trip interesting
- Monday: sleeps in, exhausted AF, in no mood to converse with anything that requires oxygen to functiom or has 2 or more legs, will sleep anywhere until they get to their bed, in which case they’ll revisit their good friend Wikipedia
- Saturday: hitting up the city, doing whatever they want, flirting, eating, dancing, interested in new experiences and noticing new people who can provide it
- Sunday: hermit - working on an independent project no one knows about
- Monday: ISTP is nowhere to be found, until their Instagram reveals that they went to the Arctic to film penguins for National Geographic
- Saturday: went Mexico for the weekend, told nobody about wanting to go but somehow drags 2 friends with them across the border
- Sunday: their Instagram pics are all tagged in Mexico but their Facebook update says they’re in Disneyland partying it up with Mickey and Minnie
- Monday: they show up to work by accident and immediately leave for a hike at the national park, only to get lost with their friends and get flirted with by the park ranger
- Saturday: low key attends a wedding and somehow wedges his way into the speaker’s list, makes jokes about the groom at his expense mercilessly just to get the crowd energy up
- Sunday: working on a lip sync dance battle YouTube project with friends, spends all day goofing around, and cracking jokes
- Sunday: hermiting the whole day at home to edit the video in time for Monday, king of memes and procrastination as always
- Saturday: tutor kids in need on weekends, not for the money but because ENFJ lives off the praises of the parents and is waiting for the moment when the student tells them they’re ‘so cool’
- Sunday: summons all their introverted friends out to play via black magic to come a long weekend party ENFJ is hosting
- Monday: runs into a friend while doing errands, the conversation somehow becomes about the friend’s abusive relationship, prompting ENFJ to suggest that they go somewhere to eat right now so the friend can pour over all the details over brunch and sangria
- Saturday: running a community fundraiser, spends their time mostly luring people they know to buy their baked goods and by chatting with friendly elderly during their 1pm walk (all of which ESFJ know by name), somehow raises $5000 from a bake sale
- Sunday: designated day to spend time with SO, brunch with drinks, quick hike through the local park and taking cute pictures together to remember these moments
- Monday: helping to host a neighbourhood block party at their cul de sac, making sure the music isn’t too loud, getting volunteers to stay on task, having fun meeting new people and spending time with friends
- Saturday: works overtime on Saturdays, doesn’t mind as long as they’re getting paid, task isn’t too meaningless, and it needs to get done, gets drinks with co-workers at the end to loosen up (it’s Saturday after all)
- Sunday: high key runs a business on the side, spends the day at business lunches, knows how to push a deal effortlessly
- Monday: plans with loved ones, highly structured, lunch at 11, freetime until 4, dinner party with friends At 5, sleep at 10, ready to wake up and go back to work for 8, just the way ENTJ likes it
- Saturday: long weekend cottage party that low key doubles as a networking session, leaves with new contacts and a job interview, not bad for a Saturday
- Sunday: designated date with the bae, doing couple things but mostly helping each other solve problems at work, always pushing each other to strive for higher, often called “high powered couple” and secretly likes it
- Monday: attends a charity ball, delivers a solid handshake to everyone they meet, bae in tow, both relishing at all the possible contacts they will make at the party, never forgets what charity the ball is raising awareness for
- Saturday: dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance dance
- Sunday: stays hydrated, goes to the gym to work on that body, makes a new friend by chatting with their treadmill neighbour, invites new friend to happy hour tonight, gets asked out right as they are leaving the gym
- Monday: rooftop patio bar, takes shots for their Instagram and their liver, soaking in the last of the long weekend with friends, the city, and a rooftop of fun loving strangers
- Saturday: away at a cottage, shenanigans ensue erupting in chaos for thr TJs, knows how to get what they want, gets yelled at by park ranger for causing a disturbance, always sleeps with something with 2 legs or more at night
- Sunday: sneaks out of the cottage early morning to look for animals, finds a bear, accidentally hikes through entire forest and is found by the park ranger (sent by friends who reported ESTP lost), and ESTP finally returns to their friends
- Monday: ESTP leaves the cottage by themselves at 7am, stops by the park ranger lodge to ask them out, catches a flight to Japan, and low key bumps into ISFP
“All Grown Up!” Collab with @TheRaikume (from Twitter)
adventure in character design for this week’s newest squiggle art as part of an
awesome collab with @TheRaikume from Twitter. Drawing adult versions of our
Miraculous heroes. Rai will be drawing Chloe
and Marinette while I handled Alya
and Adrien; my two favs. Yes!
originally supposed to draw them in casual wear but little ole me got swept
away in this cool headcanon of mine. Now we all know from the series that Alya
plans on becoming a reporter when she grows up. But the interesting thing is we
don’t know what Adrien plans to do with his life once he’s older. Right now he’s
so focused on keeping dear ole dad happy by being a model that I don’t think he’s
ever considered what he really wants to do once he’s become an adult (I mean
besides become Ladybug’s one and only devoted lover of course).
said, good thing for headcanons and fan theories right? My idea is that Adrien turns
to a life of sleuthing and becomes a criminal
investigator when he gets older. I found it really interesting that he was
more eager to assume the call for heroism than Marinette so this makes me think
that maybe all those years of being Chat Noir and defending Paris alongside
Ladybug and all the other Miraculous heroes would ultimately inspire Adrien to
become a crime fighter in his civilian life as well hence the criminal
I also have
this idea of Adrien and Alya teaming up from time to time and helping each
other out with their individual careers. Of course by this time, they’re also happily
married to their respective partners: Adrien ending up with Marinette
(naturally of course) and Alya with Nino. It wouldn’t be a perfect grown up
Miraculous heroes headcanon without it, am I right folks? ;)
Overall I had
fun designing the looks for grown up Adrien and Alya. While Alya’s design is my
favourite of the two (again, naturally of course), I must say that I’m most
proud of Adrien’s design. I based his facial features off a another fan theory
I shared last year where Adrien will look a lot more like his dad Gabriel as he
matured; ultimately inheriting his nice high cheek bones.
half of the collab is officially complete. As I mentioned before, @TheRaikume
will be working on her designs for Adult Chloe and Marinette. Definitely looking
forward to seeing those once they’re complete. As always, I hope everyone will
enjoy this week’s newest Miraculous squiggle art.
Also as today is May 14th, wishing everyone a happy Mother’s Day.
Hope you all had a miraculous Sunday spent with your families and giving praise
to one of the most special ladies in your lives: mommy dearest.
Can I please, pretty please, get more of the amazing Tony + the Barton Family content you've written? Because it's all amazing and I love it and for reason I've been on a Tony + The Bartons kick and there's never enough of it.
Well, I can’t really say no when you ask so nicely :) Since you left me a lot of room here I just went with the first thing on my mind, which was a little more Clint/Barton family focused. Tony is there in the background though, I hope that’s alright! Also these are just, pieces? I guess? From a development that probably spans a couple of months at least.
Despite their talk things between Laura and Clint have been tense. There are simply too many hurt feelings and and unspoken arguments they’ve allowed to pile up for things to be resolved by a single conservation. No matter how long and exhausting that conversation had been.
His relationship with Laura though is nothing to he one he has–doesn’t have, actually–with his children.
Clint tries. He does. Because he wants this. He wants to make up for all the time he’s missed.
He wants for Lila to come running down the stairs with a brilliant smile when he comes to visit, to throw herself at him without doubting for a second that he’ll catch her. He wants Nathaniel to stretch his hands up to him, to demand to be picked up and cuddled, to stumble over his name but keep on trying all the same. He wants Cooper to explain the way nobody says YOLO anymore, dad in a condescending tone Clint will never admit out is pure Laura.
Clint wants, he realises with the sudden, painful clarity, what Stark has. He wants to be the one who’s visits are anticipated days before he’s coming over. He wants to listen as Cooper rants about stupid teachers and have Lila insist he teaches her ‘superhero secrets’.
“It’s not fair,” he had complained one evening, after yet another painfully awkward afternoon spent with Nathaniel crying when Clint picked him up, Cooper throwing in snippy comments left and right, and Lila blocking out the entire world, utterly focused on her colouring book. “They’re my children!”
Laura had thrown him a sharp glance over her shoulder, utterly unsympathetic. “It’s not fair that you abandoned them,” she’d sniped back.
The words still echo in his head, making Clint wince every time. The worst perhaps is that he hadn’t known what to say to that. Hadn’t been able to refute the accusation.
“I- I could help you, if you want,” he offers Cooper, who’s been talking about his chemistry project for two weeks straight now, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck as he does so.
“No, thanks,” Cooper brushes him off. He’s less resentful these days at least, or maybe he’s just distracted. “Mr Tony is coming over tomorrow.”
And just like that he’s been dismissed again. Clint tries not to be bitter about it.
“I don’t know what to tell you, Clint,” Laura sighs at long last. “Tony is–he’s great with the kids. They adore him to pieces. And that’s not something that’s just gonna go away.”
“It’s not a competition,” Laura says from where she’s watching him watch Stark and the kids, playing outside. Lila is shrieking with laughter.
“Sure it isn’t,” Clint agrees, not in the mood to argue. Not when I’ve already lost anyways.
“I’m serious, Clint. This? It’s not about Tony, not really. You’re their father. You messed up. You need to earn their forgiveness. Tony doesn’t factor into any of that.” Laura takes a few steps towards him, joins him at the window. Oversees the scene outside with a soft smile.
“You don’t need to replace him, Clint. You can’t. Tony is Tony, but he’s not their father. He’ll never be. You are. None of us, nobody can change that. And you know what?” Her voice softens, but she keeps a careful distance between them. “They don’t want another Tony. What Cooper and Lila want is their dad back. But you have to want it too. Otherwise all of this? It’s not gonna work.”
“Hey, Stark!” Clint calls out and doesn’t doubt for a second he’s imagining the way the other man tenses. “You want to stay for dinner?”