My Getaway Thoughts
Wow, for me LA is hitting home runs every episode this season. My kudos go out to Erin Broadhurst, Tony Wharmby and of course the new show runner Scott Gemmill.
My positive comments on this episode:
- I loved the opening; they remembered Charlene and that Callen bought Sam a new car. I love when the opening recalls previous known experiences or habits of the characters, instead of making up something new each time.
- Sam & Anna, interesting partners and it worked, and again we get Anna as a competent agent.
- Was it just me, or did others flashback to the fan fic, Retreat while watching this?
- I have to admit that I missed Kensi “hitting” Deeks until she did it. Nice to have them acting like Kensi and Deeks, him complaining about nature and being a city boy, and her being all nature was perfect. Only thing we missed was her sharing a story or reference about her Dad.
- Kensi driving the RV, especially with the chase, that was great!
- Deeks has friends and Kensi acknowledged that he makes them easily. And they mentioned Pretty In Pink again.
- I have to give Hetty some credit here working to help Callen move on from Joelle. And really, she had a husband and kid while she was sleeping with Callen? But see my comments below.
- Eric’s story about Nell was so great! And the kiss, oh my, it doesn’t get much better than that.
- Dave-interuptus! I love it.
- Are all the Neric fans squealing? I guess they are now official.
- Might I add, we had everyone acting competently and in character. I’m glad that has become the norm, not the exception.
I really only have 1 “negative” comment; Why didn’t we get this for Densi? It is what I always wanted, but I’m glad Neric got it.
Although the more I think about it the more I wonder about the whole Joelle story, she spent Christmas with Callen didn’t she, so what about her family then? And the comment at the end, is that really Joelle’s family, is there more to all of this that we will eventually find out? Or is this a way to try to explain Joelle away and help the viewers to move on and accept Anna even though Joelle’s story is tough to make it all jibe.
Next week looks good also, but I’m out of town so I’m not sure when I’ll get to watch it.
Once again, I’m sure I haven’t remembered everything, but this is what I caught first time through