Sparknotes on the Sherlock-is-garbage-here's why video
1. The things Sherlock deduced are never shown to the audience beforehand so audience can’t try to follow along like in original stories, instead, Sherlock just seems to have magic brain powers
2. Overuses special effects to make up for weak plot (on screen text, spinning cameras, sound effects, fucking window explosion…)
3. Overarching plot is poorly resolved (cliffhangers every time but when they finally have to deliver the answer is a secret sister)
4. Overuses Moriarty by trying to make him the ultimate all powerful villain, kills him too early for no apparent reason, then keep hinting he might be alive to keep viewers watching
5. Changes Adler from the innocent bystander who taught Holmes a lesson of humility to the dominatrix who fell in love with Sherlock despite being a lesbian and needed to be saved.
6. Disrespects the fan base, especially the hardcore fans, by implying that they’re crazy conspiracy theorists (Anderson and co) for wanting to know how Sherlock survived the fall, then never gives an actual explanation for the fall.
7. Queerbaits shamelessly. (Vid doesn’t go into detail but mentions it)
8. Doesn’t do justice to Dr Watson, a doctor and a soldier, who could be a BAMF but instead just follows Sherlock around amazed and gets kidnapped a lot.
9. Spends unnecessary screen time setting up Sherlock being an asshole moments (e.g. The Sherlock correcting murderer’s grammar sequence) when that sort of thing could fit into the plot of actual cases.
10. Screws around with the Mary character arc where she’s a good guy then a bad guy then actually a good guy after all, punching a hole through viewers’ suspension of disbelief.