Black bean, avocado & sweet potato salad with lime dressing
Author: Sara @ Don’t Feed After Midnight
- 6 small sweet potatoes (approximately 700g), peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 400g cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 240g can of sweetcorn, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cubed
- 2 handfuls of chopped fresh coriander
For the dressing:
- The juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the sweet potato in a large mixing bowl and add a tablespoon of olive oil, the paprika and the cayenne pepper. Mix well to ensure that the potatoes are evenly coated then transfer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for approximately 30 minutes until soft.
- Place the black beans, the sweetcorn, the avocado and the chopped coriander in a large salad bowl and tip in the roasted sweet potato chunks.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the lime juice with the olive oil, the agave nectar and seasoning to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to mix. Serve with warm wholemeal pitta bread.
Notes Suitable for vegans